JUNE IS BUSTING OUT ALL OVER!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: JUNE IS BUSTING OUT ALL OVER!

Postby CathyS » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:38 pm

The day started off cold but it's warming up. We had rain in the forecast, but we haven't had any rain yet. So, it's warm and windy with a sun/cloud mix. I have on jeans and a hoodie.

Supper tonight is BBQed corn and steaks.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:46 pm

Oh, (((Dee))) -- I hope you feel better soon! C oricidin is the medicine our family doctor recommended to dh for allergy trouble. DH needs a decongestant so badly sometimes, and heart doctor won't let him take pseudophedrine any more, so C laritin D is out. Family doctor said the C oricidin would work well and would not hurt his heart. Unfortunately, our Wmart doesn't carry it, but I will look at W algreen.
Also sending congratulations to your dgs on his confirmation! That is wonderful! I hope you feel like attending.

It is a beautiful day here, certainly perfect weather for June to be busting out! Breezy and not quite as hot as it has been the last week or so.
We are planning to take dgs to a historical re-enactment of Pres. James Monroe's visit to our area. It's about an hour away, and I will have to take dgs on my own if dh doesn't start feeling better. (See J&C). He doesn't have fever or pain, just feels tired and weak, and a particularly annoying and troublesome symptom that is bothering him. He said I would have to drive, whether he went or not. But I'm looking forward to it, b/c dgs is such a history buff that I think he will love it. He has all the presidents, first ladies, and vice-presidents memorized.

Blessed, I have probably over-goaled for the weekend also. I never do this much on Saturday/Sunday! The historical thing is at 3:00 pm, then I am supposed to be helping decorate for a baby shower at 6:00 pm, and tomorrow, after 9:00 am church, the baby shower is from 2-3:30! And since I'm helping, I will probably need to get there at least by 1:30. * sheesh * It is for dcousin though, my first cousin's son & ddil. They are having a little girl next month, I believe. This is the couple that got married last summer. They are such a sweet couple. I think they started dating probably about 8 years ago, when they were in high school. Now she's a special ed teacher and he works for the school board in maintenance.

Kathryn, talking about tv troubles -- last night I got a call saying they were from D irectv. I answered it because the caller ID was a local number. The heavily accented voice starts telling me they are experiencing problems and will need to confirm my location (or something?) When he asked me to confirm my last name, I stopped him and said, "Where are you calling from?" He said D irectv. I said, "Well, why does it look like you are calling from my local area, because D irectv doesn't have an office here in my town." He repeated that it was a toll free number from D irectv. I said, "Well, I will just call D irectv if I start having trouble with my service." He argued with me a little while longer and I kept saying the same thing and finally he said, "Well, you just do that then," and hung up. LOL.

I am also getting calls that leave voice mails saying they are about to begin legal proceedings if I do not return their call. I've noticed several FB posts about this -- apparently they are saying social security fraud has been committed. I haven't answered one of those calls yet, but I think I will, and I will tell them my brother-in-law, the lawyer, will be in contact.

Nancy, good for you on meal plan and gardening! WTG!

Mmmm.... Cathy, your meal plan sounds delicious!

So good to "see" you all! Hope you have a wonderful beginning to the month of June!
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:29 pm

just a quick hi - I had a whole hour off - took dd older to get juice and a quick drive through the country. (lol - our version)
hello d lucy!!!
hi d Cathy!!!
hi d Dee!!!
hi d nancy!!!
hi d kathryn!!!

I hit a tired spot. okay now for me to work outside.
d old dog has been breathing heavier than usual. I am keeping an eye on her.
I am ready to get busy again
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:35 pm

Lucylee, are you sure coricicidin isn't available at Wmart? It's usually just a card on top shelf that needs to be taken to the pharmacy. Dh had to give my birth date in order to buy it.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:42 pm

the sealing guys have come and gone and it looks amazing. thank goodness I have spent years decluttering as all that was left was a bench from dd younger as a child. something of dh's, a gift d grandfather made for dd older when she was younger, and a puppet theatre. they even took all the garbage. yay.

next: finish planting out in front.
I am drained emotionally for some reason.
;)
attitude adjustment! 8-)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:04 pm

Yesterday I fell going down the concrete steps on the front porch. I was multitasking and not paying attention to the steps that I've gone up/down thousands of times without a problem. When I found myself in a heap at the bottom of the steps I paused and evaluated if anything hurt and it didn't. So I got right back up thankful that I wasn't hurt and continued on with what I was doing.

Several hours later my foot felt weird so I took my shoe/sock off and was surprised to find the top of it swollen up over a 1" tall and big around like an apple. I continue examining that leg and found my knee is swollen too. I started with the ice on/off my swollen foot and knee. I don't think I've broken anything but am taking ibuprofen and staying off it as much as possible.

I am very tempted to just continue on with my life and ignore the swollen foot/knee but I know that is foolish. So I'm keeping my leg propped up and waiting for the swelling to go down.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:34 pm

Keep up the ICE (ice, compression, elevation) LadyM.

I've Kon Mari'd one thing. And got dressed. And did up the meal plan for the month, then immediately erased next Tuesday and Wednesday since my sister is visiting then and I think she won't go for leftovers from the freezer!

The Rev has announced that we are leaving the church so comments are coming in.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:07 pm

Oh, LadyM, I hope your foot and knee are all right. I think you would know if something was broken.

DH took his nephew out to work today. When they came back he backed his truck into the satellite dish hanging off the back of the shop. Knocked it off the bracket to the ground. It took over an hour to re-weld the holder and attach the dish and bolt it back on the wall. I called them and they won't come before Tuesday and someone needs just to adjust the angle and re-pin the wires to the wall. It's an expensive fix for a 10 minute job. I complained and got the charge down by 1/2 but still... there's no customer service of any kind, even when we have been a good paying customer for over 12 years. :x

Dang, if nephew had been watching and directing DH this wouldn't have happened. If DH had been thinking, it wouldn't have happened. He did this same thing once before. That time it didn't need to be readjusted. This time he moved it up higher than the co. had put it, so the lumber rack won't hit it if he gets close.

We had showers off and on the past several hours. Not hard enough to stop our work. I'm glad we're done for the day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:18 pm

Back from errands and lunch.
Went to the farmers market & green house did not get any thing.
Ac is on and working now. It was 91* out last time I looked.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:57 pm

another quick hi - hello d nancy, hello d harmony, hello d lady (lots of love to you and fast healing), hello d kathryn,

figured out I wasn't emotionally drained but physically unable to do the work I wanted to do.
kind of a weak feeling but not weak - mmmmm
drop off d mom's car at her village as we are expecting 1" hail and 60 mph winds - we had a burst of wind but it is suddenly calm. I thought it would be better to make sure that her car didn't get hurt.
I need to take a shower and while we have a break from thunder boomers - now would be a good time. shower done!
I still have to put the laundry upstairs. now is as good a time as any.

Return to “Post When You Can”