JUNE IS BUSTING OUT ALL OVER!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: JUNE IS BUSTING OUT ALL OVER!

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:19 pm

Blue screen of death. Computer can't restart. It is trying a restore to an earlier date now.

I rebooted earlier today after checking to see if I needed to do updates. I didn't.

I'm rather upset.

A few months ago I spent days looking for a ThinkPad that fits my needs and the closest I got was 2x the price of this one with fewer features and the same amount of memory and hard disk space.

So I had new memory put into this one.

The problem I had mostly disappeared. Until tonight when something worse happened.

Edited to add:

Got ready for bed because I will be up at 4:30. Checked my computer when ready and found it had finished the restore and wanted peripherals disconnected and shut down. It rebooted to the windows sign in so I will take that as a hopeful sign.

Tomorrow I'll backup fully and get back to shopping for a new computer. Last full backup was 3 months ago. Email backup is the only major missing backup.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:59 pm

Hopeful for you, Kathryn.

Long day here with several single-guy visitors. I think HRH enjoyed them but it did take up most of the day. Dsecondbil stayed the longest, but then he's not so much "company". I did get a good bit of laundry done in between.

Re : trickery phone calls
What do ya'll think of this? I'm aware that sometimes my cell phone and our landline ring at the same time and it's scam calls. We've gotten so we marvel at this double-trickery and ignore. I always thought it had something to do with the name or address given for the two accounts being the same, even though they are different carriers completely. But while we were away for HRH's treatment, the same thing happened with the landline there.

I answered it and really, I don't remember the ridiculous speech the guy was making. I was distracted because no sooner had I answered than I realized my own cell phone was also ringing and said, "suspected spam caller" like it does at home when these double-calls happen. I was certainly not taking him seriously when I realized he wasn't trying to reach any patient but trying to sell something questionable. I said to him, "Do you realize you've called a medical facility? This is not a personal phone." and with some irritation he got off the phone. So here's my question : is it possible scammer companies can use the location of a cell phone to be able to call a number that is physically NEAR it, too? That's crazy... .. right?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:29 am

I got a spam call the other day and was on my pc let them listen to the gardening utube show I was viewing! LOL.
Harriet that would not at all surprise me. We no longer have a land line.

I weeded another part by the deck and h ad a nap, h & I shared a sandwich for dinner.

Dgd got graduated, parking was tricky for gimpy old folk that have to walk several blocks not so fun. I had to tape a blister bc they were out of the sox I wear. Poo! The commencement was good except the gab fest behind us, and the grandpa tweaking hair on the youngster hge was with. I wanted to smack him wity my program. Got pics with dgd and saw family. It was full at the coll age but the high school graduation filled it up.

Return to “Post When You Can”