Solo Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Solo Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:21 am

I'm on my own now for 4 weeks.

I have great plans for that time!

But, just for today, what you can you accomplish on your own? What on your list requires help? What needs to be set aside completely so you can have renewal time?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Solo Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:27 am

I took dh to the airport, leaving here at 5 and home by 6. Easy drive at that time of day on a Sunday!

I've had tea and chocolate (twice for the tea!) and have started up my computer.

The Chrome browser was literally missing off it, so I had to download and install that. But first, I downloaded all the data from Quicken and exported the data base. It has been backed up, but that requires Quicken in order to read the files. Now I have text files with all the data. So I can read the data in the accounts if I have to.

Now I need to backup my email data base.

And then I'll explore some more and see what else is missing. I have no idea how far back the system restore took my computer because I can't find any documentation on what happened. When I try and load system crash notes, the software hangs.

For now, everything is fine.

I've added 'buy new computer' to my list of things to do while dh is away.

My main focus for the month will be finishing KonMari. After my sister visits, I can literally pull out the remaining items and get them sorted.

The giveaway process requires the kids to a certain extent (I did games yesterday and offered the 5 items I'll be purging to them first.)

Then I just have to find homes for everything else. There's a fair bit of stuff.

Also this month are two church services. Thankfully my past services are all backed up in dropbox so last night when I thought I lost my computer and needed files for next Sunday, I wasn't in a panic.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:41 am

Opportunities Abound :D for challenges, encouragement and inspiration in our Monthly threads. New ones popping up, or ongoing. Check them out!

Best wishes to Ken in Canada. He will be a patient teacher.

Kathryn, I hope you'll be pleased with all the ways you'll use time differently for a while.

I couldn't baby/house sit for ds last evening because I was washing my hair and getting ready for church. I felt enough guilt and disappointment over that that I called him back to try to figure out another way, but he'd hear none of it and insisted it wasn't that important.

Didn't get enough sleep. I had felt like a nap, pep-talked myself out of it, and then felt all wound up until late. Sigh.

LadyM, are you still limping?

Nancy, congratulations to your dgd on her graduation - sorry you were limping with the long walk!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:04 am

d harriet - that phone call situation is weird!!! I wonder technology lets them do that or is it coincidence? Maybe they are calling everyone or is it the same number? so odd.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:08 am

adventures ahead!!! d kathryn!!!
good for you on your Konmari-ing! well done on all your work!

thank you for starting us!

Opportunities Abound :D for challenges, encouragement and inspiration in our Monthly threads.
so exciting!
A lovely son you have there d harriet!
I am sure he was okay and I know he appreciated you calling him again.

wishing all a peaceful inspiring day!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:15 am

Yesterday was definitely a day of overthinking and over-goal-ing. Everything in front of me seemed overwhelming. I expected way too much of myself all at once. I have to remember to be more of a turtle (in the turtle and the hare), 8-) and be patient. I will still get there.

with the summer sunshine beaming through out the house, I have become aware of all the painting, finishing etc. that needs to be done.
Step by step... I have to remember it will get done and if not well it is something to look forward to. ;) :D (trying to change the attitude and see it as more adventures to come 8-) )

Happy Sunday to you all! Happy June!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:35 am

Just remember "PIE", Blessed. That's been in my brain ever since it was posted -was that you?

It's a rainy nasty day here. DGS14 is being confirmed today & ddil wanted to have a cookout but the weather is surely non-compliant! They're going across the street from the church for brunch after -one good thing! No clean up.

I have my computer back. Looked through that and the one grocery type bag that dd brought up for me. No key fob. I am sure, sure, sure I gave it to dh before he left FL this last time. Almost wondering if he perhaps left it in the basket during security at the airport. Now that I think of it, I'm almost sure that's it. Hmmm.....will simply stop looking. If it shows up it does. Stranger things have been left in those baskets for sure!

I'm getting better but definitely not up to going to church, brunch after and groceries after that.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:49 am

it's from Kimmy of She's in her apron d Dee!
Thank you for the reminder!!!! I needed that!
Congratulations for your sweet grandson! I like the idea of no clean up! I hope your d dil didn't buy any food for today! Enjoy your day!
Glad you got your computer back.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:54 am

I think I figured out why I was a bit weak yesterday and drained. A cold is trying to get to me.
I feel it! 8-) :roll: my goodness - it makes so much sense now!

I was going to work outside right away as it is cool and beautiful but my brain was so scrambled that I needed to simplify my week ahead.
P.I.E.
I looked at my calendar and realized I had way too much on my plate for zone work and outdoor work.
I also have phone calls and regular work and life I have to think about. Wow I really went straight to looking at the mountain (black diamond on a ski hill type of thing) instead of breaking things into workable steps. I think I am back on a simple path again.

I have to add summer planning with d mom, dh and for myself (on my own).

I picked 4 things for kitchen zone
phone call list
out door work

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:57 am

Hi!

It's less than 10C here. Cold for June. It rained overnight, but nothing yet today.

There is a small load of laundry in the washer. Dishes are all washed, including the frying pan that dh used for his breakfast.

Dh is making BBQ short ribs for supper. They will marinade in Korean BBQ sauce (from a bottle) before he grills them. Before we had breakfast/brunch, we went and did a small grocery shop. Dh wanted some tomatoes and I wanted a watermelon. The store had some corn on the cob that looked liked it had been picked a month ago. The outer husks were so yellow and dry. Ugh!!

I told dh I was going to stitch today. SO I had better go and stitch.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”