Opportunities abound - Monday -love me some Monday pwyc

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Opportunities abound - Monday -love me some Monday pwyc

Postby Harmony » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:11 pm

Kathryn, you take good videos. I was surprised how long that smoke lasted. Also didn't see the driver until later.

Thank you, Elizabeth. I wrote down the numbers for DH.

Actually, he has some formulas memorized in his head, like he knows what the .1 (I think) of a foot is and figures it out pretty close in his head. When he tries to explain things to me it's like he's speaking Swahili or something... maybe like the snoopy language... numbers don't compute in my head at all. He, on the other hand, has always been a numbers person and has always amazed me with that because he has no formal training in math. He looked it up online once and thought I could just do it for him.

Surveyors use a stick with measurements on it and it is marked in decimals. He doesn't have one of those and at this late date, isn't about to buy one. We use a tape measure and his transit. But following other's decimal numbers is harder. I'm sure he's getting close enough.

So we had an interesting day. I have the satellite guy coming tomorrow, I hope this works out ok and there's nothing else wrong with the dish. Then we'd be in for some big bucks I'm sure. It's dented on one corner.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:31 pm

I'm off to bed, very late.

Dishes aren't done.

I just remembered I have to get the service out tomorrow. That means it has to be written in the morning.

Tomorrow will be an interesting day.

My mother's wedding dress is also on its way out.

One of the things I love about Konmari is that you thank things. Normally, I don't bother but today some of the towels, blankets and pillow cases as well as the dress got long goodbye hugs. In the case of the linens, I was thinking of the bed they were on or who used them (our towels were colour coded) and so I really was saying thank you for that time of my life, our family home when they were in use, and the memories attached. After a good thank you hug, the things seems easy to put in the giveaway pile. It is as if I'm transferring the memories from the object back to me.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:08 am

I have been out in the garden weeding and moving sod to some holes the hens left in the back yard. Watered a bit.
The p m after dinner routine in the kitchen needs some attention.

Return to “Post When You Can”