Tailor-made Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Tailor-made Tuesday

Postby Harriet » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:03 am

How will you tailor your Tuesday to your needs? Is it going to need to be tightly fitted today or does it need to be loose for comfort, since there's a lot of changeable activity?

What does your tailor-made Tuesday look like?

CathyS

Re: Tailor-made Tuesday

Postby CathyS » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:27 am

Hi.

I recommend layers for today. Wind and rain and low temperatures.

Supper tonight will be eggs and toast. Last night dh requested a meat-free meal for tonight. When I asked for suggestions, the first thing out of his mouth was spaghetti and meatballs. I said eggs and toast. The cook wins. ;)

I need to take care of business today. I have some banking to do, including a deposit into the business account. I also have to pick up a prescription for dh.

I had a lovely long hot shower this morning.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:30 am

wooo I love tailor-made
thank you for starting us d harriet!

good morning d harriet!
good morning d cathy! lovely hot shower - good for you!

good morning and good evening all dear ones!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:45 am

I have been eating badly - it always happens before blood tests - I know it is related. - 8-)

today: it is actually warmer than yesterday morning! 63 and it is supposed to go up to 80 and thunder boomers! I will see 80 when I see it lol.
I feel like Winnie the pooh "tut tut it looks like rain" :D If I didn't know better I would say it looks like it's going to snow more than rain.

I have to admit I am getting used to arranging my day around the rain. It's a surprise when it doesn't come 8-)

I had a nice day with d aunt. Grocery shopping, the garden store and lunch out. I saw a couple I knew from when our kids were young (at the garden center). so much fun and a lovely surprise!

My aunt has horrible back issues and it makes it difficult and a long process for her to walk. We had a lovely time.

I need to go over there and do some work. My brother is going to fix her neighbours fence that fell down (they haven't repaired it since march). (d aunt has her sons dog that needs to stay in her yard :D). I have to power wash her outdoor furniture and weed. It will be a good thing! Maybe we can all do the work on the same day.

Well, time to step up and start my tailor-made Tuesday. a lovely adventure ahead!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:49 am

(((Blessed for coping with her weather.)))

The sun has come out.

Note, that wasn't forecast. In fact the current forecast for today shows clouds (no sun) and rain. The words say: "Mainly cloudy. Showers beginning this afternoon. High 16. UV index 6 or high." It is already 11C so I think we'll hit that high easily. Mid-afternoon yesterday it was only 10.

It was supposed to be below 40 last night but given it is over 50 now, I'm not sure if we hit that low. The same low is for tonight.

I'm up, having been woken by a call from Tanzania. The malaria meds are upsetting his stomach but aside from that dh is well and sounds good.

I've watered the plants inside and checked the balcony plants (ha! as if they'd need water!!!) Bed is made.

I've just finished tea and chocolate.

Today will be a tight fit day.

Here's my to-do, no idea how much I'll accomplish:

1. s2s
2. breakfast and wash dishes
3. finish (i.e. start) service for Sunday and send it off to musician and secretary.)
4. vacuum and dust
5. sweep and mop kitchen floor (this is actually critical.)
6. clean guest bath tub (did the rest of the room yesterday but the mop gets cleaned in the tub.)
7. Move all the Konmari stuff to the office. The piles of giveaway items are getting higher and higher. I need to get more boxes as well for the stuff
8. Make spare bed with the clean sheets
9. Tidy apartment (this will be a 10 minute task, probably done as I do the other items)
10. Leave at 3:45 to pick up my sister at train station, remember duvet for dd and ice
11. Costco to pick up cooked chickens for dinner and some things for dd
12. Dinner at dd's.

Yes, that is an overly tight fit day. Wish me luck!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:37 am

cheering you on d kathryn through out your day!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:40 am

I changed my plans for today.
I need to finish the processes:

- mulch on the flower bed
-finish planting plants I bought

- house - finish going through dd's stuff and wash it and pack it away for her. We are still working on her walls etc. (thinking of hiring someone but dislike spending the money).

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:23 am

Progress:

1. s2s
2. breakfast and wash dishes
----2a. Weekly kitchen cleaning, clean out toiletry bottles

3. finish (i.e. start) service for Sunday and send it off to musician and secretary.)
4. vacuum and dust
5. sweep and mop kitchen floor (this is actually critical.)
6. clean guest bath tub (did the rest of the room yesterday but the mop gets cleaned in the tub.)
7. Move all the Konmari stuff to the office. The piles of giveaway items are getting higher and higher. I need to get more boxes as well for the stuff
8. Make spare bed with the clean sheets
---8a. put away laundry
9. Tidy apartment (this will be a 10 minute task, probably done as I do the other items)
---9a. Empty all garbage cans, take oversize garbage to recycle room, pickup mail
10. Leave at 3:45 to pick up my sister at train station, remember duvet for dd and ice
11. Costco to pick up cooked chickens for dinner and some things for dd
12. Dinner at dd's.

Added three items to my list (one of which I've done.)

Plus I've booted the laundry and lined up a second load.

I'm in the mood to do the housework, not write so I may skip ahead for a bit and circle back to the writing.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:37 am

Load & Take trash 2 curb
Vacuum rec. Room
Dishes
Prep soup for dinner
Kit. Spiff rinse & load dishes.
Spiff bed
One load laundry
Done to here

Waving to everyone.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:48 am

I got up at 5 for a potty break and then back to bed for a while. Started drinking water shortly after I arose so I could get 'stuck' today for blood work. :twisted: :roll: Was at the lab at 7:35. Kept drinking. Finally my turn at about 8:35. My body said, "Nosiree". Did do the urinalysis and the gal sent me home to drink more. I've probably done about 80oz so far. Went back in around 10 and she still had a hard time. Did finally get it however. I now have lots of deco work on my arms and hands. Of course after she finally got enough blood & pulled out the needle -I bled like a 'stuffed hog'.

Took my T med on the way home so still have another 10 minutes before I can take the rest of my meds. Then breakfast!

Dh has a Dr appointment about 30 miles away at 3:45. Haven't decided if I want to go with him or not. Depends on how much I'm still running to the bathroom. Dh has a spot on his face he wants checked but I knew there was 'something else'. Finally told me that his 'breasts' have been real sore since before he left FL late March. Can't even bear to touch. Hmmmm…. guess we'll see. He thought at first it was from the suspenders he was wearing down there. But he hasn't worn any since he left there in March.

I see my Primary at 2 tomorrow afternoon. At least maybe I can check my dr portal to see what/if my urinalysis shows anything. Doubt my blood work will be back as the guy was there with his bag to pick up the morning's labs. Not sure if they pick up again in the afternoon. Hoping so.

Next up pills & breakfast in a few. Then I'll start doing some tasks around here.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”