Tailor-made Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Tailor-made Tuesday

Postby Harriet » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:54 am

I was thinking Kathryn didn't mean malaria meds, but malaria prevention meds, but it shows how little I know - they're often the same meds. Hoping those reports of an iffy tummy are over soon.

My tailoring of today is to work Desk Day items in between more active ones, back and forth, trying not to be too sedentary. So I'm working in - I don't know, um - a herringbone pattern for the fabric of my day? :D A while seated, then a while more active, back and forth, going sort of by the half-hours. Also I think I myself may be slightly on the bias, LOL! Harmony mentioned "ease" yesterday! Yes, please!

Found the perfect use for a new favorite binder with a pretty geometric cover - all hole-punch-able health records can go in there. (mostly my own copies of what I've personally decided I want to record/save) The interior is a calm asparagus green - perfect. I'm going to get organized yet.

blessed, isn't it a head-shaker that we deal with these "snapshots" in time of our blood work or other tests. No other snapshot is ever going to catch us looking like ourselves. :lol: Why should we expect a blood draw to do it? ;)

Similar subject - I saw an article about a little patch about an inch by an inch and they say that in the future, wearing that on the skin - no further entry into the body at all - will be all we'll need to keep a constant monitor on our blood sugar and perhaps other things someday. Now see, that makes sense. I can deal with keeping a bandaid-like sticker on and looking at it like a watch. (Made me think of many of us who test regularly, and also helia's dh working with miniature tech.)

Well, Dee, I see that you could have used something other than a "stick" today! Sorry you are decorated.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:58 am

7. Move all the Konmari stuff to the office. The piles of giveaway items are getting higher and higher. I need to get more boxes as well for the stuff

Also flipped first load to dryer, started second load. The kitchen is ready for me to vacuum and mop. I dowanna.

Yes, Harriet, anti-malaria meds. He's already taken the anti-cholera meds. I think there's something else too (there were 4 prescriptions, but one was antibiotics in case he gets intestinal distress.) I try not to think about. Just like I'm not thinking about the fact that I asked to check his medicine kit and he said he was fine and it didn't need checking. Then he added Immodium to it at 4:45 a.m. before he went out the door. I found the skin cut/scrape cream in his bathroom this morning. Sigh.... (He's there with many women who will be well prepared so I don't really have to worry, they'll take care of him.)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:04 am

lol - it's pouring rain again! :lol: I covered up the garden wagon with the mulch in it and left it there. I think I am getting used to this process. 8-)
instead - continue the process of dd youngers stuff in the 3 season room.

I ordered (would you believe) tickets for the winter walk for the Botanic gardens. They went on sale today and they always sell out.

lol I am at my worst for blood tests. :lol: I go hog crazy the month before :lol: d harriet!
sending you ease on desk day!!!

hi d kathryn My dd older had to have malaria shots? and then pills for after her trip and something else before she went to south america.
I know she couldn't give blood for more than a year after her trip.
yay on your work!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:06 am

Just got news that my final refugee family (father/son) have found a place of their own to live in. So I'll be going through my Konmari stuff to find things for them.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:08 am

wonderful d kathryn!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:24 am

I am struggling.

Yesterday I failed to take my daily tea with me so I drank it when I arrived home. Unfortunately, that meant I stayed awake until 2 am. Eight hours later I am starting to wake up. I am feeling totally off schedule which makes me feel off balance.

For the past several hours DH has been on many phone calls with his siblings and other family members. DH sister wants to check DMIL out of the rehab and take her home. DH and his brother disagree with this decision but DSIL has the ability to override them (POA). DSIL is a gal that thrives on drama. DH and his brother are challenging DSIL drama filled statements and proving them wrong one by one. ANYWAY, the phone calls are heavy with emotion. Bottom line.....if DMIL has a chance of recovery it will be by getting the ability to eat and do body functions which are best accomplished working one-on-one with several trained therapists. The plan is for DMIL to be in rehab for 10 days. If DSIL removes DMIL from rehab before she finishes her therapy then the chances of DMIL recovering is greatly reduced.

I look with longing at Kathryn's plan for today. I want to brush the drama & sleep cobwebs out of my head and develop a plan for today.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:36 am

I was up at 7:15 and am still trying to finish a.m. routine, although I did get 4K steps in early with dfriend M. I've also updated meds and info on the dr website since I have an appointment this afternoon. I've also made a list of stuff to discuss briefly.

I made decent progress yesterday on updating the DNA presentation - dh is bowling tonight so I'll have a longer evening to work on it.

This has sat on the computer a long time, I'm still piddling about.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:42 am

Hi everyone! My work email was down again, but it is now fixed. Not sure what tomorrow will bring, but today works. Strangely, I was able to access it from home last night. I may need to make a change in yesterday's report. I will write up the change in a separate procedure, but not wipe out the original. That way, once I know for sure, it will go quickly. I have done something to my shoulder, probably while painting the hallway, and it hurts.

Briggs is back to 9.2 pounds after fluids. Not up to his 11 pound healthy weight, but better than the 8.5. Starting Saturday, he is losing fur. He may be having allergy problems and I delivered his allergy meds last night. Tonight, I have to deliver Ziva to the same place so she can have a dental tomorrow. She is about half Briggs's age and generally healthy, so she is expected to be fine. She has a known, fixable problem. Once they can look in detail, there could be other problems. DD17 will be here tonight and we will discuss camping. I have to determine a budget, but don't really know a good number. Was thinking $200.

Harmony: The damage to the dish is probably covered under your auto insurance policy.

LadyMaverick: With hospital stays, if you check out early, you have to sign an AMA form (against medical advice). In my case, the doctor said I could go home, but it was 2 hours before the official check out time, so it was ok medically. If SIL has to sign a similar form, she may think twice about her plan due to potential legal issues. If she does decide to sign it, her brothers may be able to use it to nullify her POA in court. I know that would bring yet more drama, but it could ensure MIL gets the care she needs.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:52 am

Harriet said:
Similar subject - I saw an article about a little patch about an inch by an inch and they say that in the future, wearing that on the skin - no further entry into the body at all - will be all we'll need to keep a constant monitor on our blood sugar and perhaps other things someday.
This is what dh has now for blood sugar. The thingie inserts a little sensor under his skin when it's applied and he only has to scan it to get a record of blood sugar for the last eight hours. The sensor is changed every 14 days. At the beach it came loose, probably the water soaking and sunscreen so I picked up a new one yesterday.

Oh LadyM, I hate that kind of drama. Why in the world does DSIL think she's better at home? Does she plan to take care of her? Not your monkeys, of course, but it affects you and dh. Elizabeth's thoughts are excellent also.

Kathryn is feeling better today with that list going. The slips of sunlight must have charged up that energy level!

Oy, I was supposed to get dh's shirts to the cleaners this morning. Given the number of dress shirts he owns I don't get his impatience and don't feel very cooperative, especially when I don't need to leave the house until the afternoon.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:58 am

Twins: I was thinking the deadlines were giving me energy but you are very right. I've got windows open wide and hearing birds as well as enjoying the sunlight. There have been a few sirens which I've used as an excuse to step out onto the balcony for a close look (I could have seen through windows.)

The mopping is done and the vacuuming is half done. I'm certainly starting to slow down. Once the kitchen floor is dry, I'll boil an egg for my protein snack. I'm down to two emergency protein bars (and I'd have to dig them out of my jacket and purse, I've already had the one in my computer bag.)

Return to “Post When You Can”