Wonderful Wednesday 5x5

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Wonderful Wednesday 5x5

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:54 am

LucyLee - Thank you for providing today's PWYC theme.
Cut/pasted from yesterday PWYC
Planning a wonderful Wednesday now... 5x5 list is already made out!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Wonderful Wednesday 5x5

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:02 am

Yesterday's visit with DMIL went well. Therapists are working her hard to the point that she can't do anymore. DMIL was worried they might not come back today because she wasn't able to do as much as they wanted. This is a good sign IMHO. DMIL tried her best and looking forward in anticipation of trying again today. She is still struggling with eating/drinking because dysphagia (paralysis of the throat muscles) but they expect this to improve with time and effort.

Today's 5x5
1 - 11:30 kids to school lunch to eat and play
2 - 12:30 DGD8 to Summer reading program
3 - 4:30 DS10 and friends to their Summer reading program
4 - 6:00 Church meal & worship
5 - Put me as a priority to eat healthily

I am struggling to keep all the balls in the air. Last night I fed the kids supper at the hospital. The kitchen was preparing to close and there was little to choose from. They ate fried chicken plank, a corn dog, a bag of chips, and ice cream. #MealPlanningFailure
1. Know what you want.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:18 am

Sure doesn't appear to me that you often fail at meal planning, LadyM.

Got a text message that my test results are in. They all look pretty good (to me at least) but for some reason my A1C (blood sugar over 100 days) is not there. Perhaps later in the day. My appointment is not until 2pm. I'd sure hate to think I'd have to go back just to get that done. Maybe she'll give me a couple of weeks if that's the case. It took from 7:30am yesterday until nearly 11 before they could get a draw. :roll: It was bad enough in the hospital that they decided to put in an IV port just so they could do the blood draw. Even then they had to use a very tight tourniquet on my upper arm which left a bruise about 5" wide. It's slowly going away. When the nurse did that IV she painstakingly took her time -almost a 1/2 hour before she poked me, trying to bring up a good vein. But it worked! :D

Supposed to go with dd and dgd29 for lunch today, but think I'm going to beg off. It'll just be dd and dniece time. Hopefully she won't be disappointed. I really don't have an appetite yet and all night I kept thinking I just don't feel up to it yet. (This is the bad cold speaking). I was up at least every 60-90 minutes all night getting rid of all that water I drank yesterday. Know I drank enough it made me feel sick to my stomach all afternoon. Tried figuring it and I'm pretty sure I drank over 100oz. Not sure what the answer is. Even with all that water & hot packs she was barely able to get enough with 3 pokes. She was trying so hard not to poke unless she had a viable vein.

Just finished breakfast & the bed is made. Think next up is dishes.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:36 am

LadyM, I think a "fail" is permissible now and then - sometimes you just can't plan ahead. You do really well with healthy meals for your family!

I need to leave in a minute for my body work/massage. Hope to get my hips not aching and shoulders back.

Five:
-body work
-complete presentation for tomorrow (eeek!)
-8K steps, check BP and stretch
-pick up meds
-slice and mix fruit from refrigerator, take rotisserie chicken off bone and freeze in portions

I shouldn't do anymore presentations for groups - I really really really hate the prep.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:54 am

I got up when h left early this morning.
Journaling and planning are done.
S2s happened
I had my breakfast.
Walk dog done!
I have a plan for dinner yea!

Waving to all of you wonderful ladies.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:26 am

Dee, good news! When only A1C is needed, a finger prick is used and is just as accurate. Interestingly, the A1C should have been the first test finished - it's very fast. So that does seem odd that it's the one that didn't get reported to you yet. wonder if it "came back" first and just didn't happen to be recorded at the same place... ..

Twins', I also feel that pressure with preparing info for speaking to groups. For me, it's a worry I won't get everything said that I mean to - or should - say. Lately our studies have been very "deep", delving into issues that are concerning, with a lot of people having questions. I'm up to it, but am not always sure I'm answering helpfully. Sometimes, people will "clam up" when they don't understand an answer, or when it wasn't exactly the question they meant, rather than continuing the discussion. I feel like I have to read faces to be sure I've explained well enough. Then there are some others who are looking at their watches, lol. Do you have time constraints?

Trying to decide whether to keep up my momentum today on getting vehicles taken care of - might go to the Auto Bell and send my car through. I'm more worried about birds' inappropriateness getting washed off in a timely manner than anything else. Rain may come but won't handle that. When I do it myself, it's not exactly "touchless" but may use too much elbow grease to be good for the paint/surface. Okay for the truck, maybe, but I've started second-guessing myself on this for the car.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:36 am

Awe = thanks for the encouragement. It helps me to pick myself up, dust off the failure and try again.

I prepared scrambled eggs and toast this morning for breakfast. DS10 isn't eating which tells me that his cold and ear problems are hanging on. Plus lost a baby tooth a couple of weeks ago and the new tooth is coming in. He says it is having growing pains. He moans & says he feels rotten until his friends show up at the door wanting him to play. Then he feels great and plays nonstop. After playtime is over then he returns to feeling horrible. #GrowingPains #HypochondriacIsSymptomOfAnxiety

The garden is growing well and I'm harvesting vegetables every day. Not enough to feed an army but enough to keep me supplied in daily vegetables. But OH HOW I DISLIKE APHIDS! ANYway, I am enjoying my various experiments. I'm waiting for the summer heat to hit to be able to make a definite choice in preference of growing containers and media.
1. Know what you want.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:53 am

That's wonderful, LadyM! I'm only getting blueberries this year to feed the tummy (though the flowers feed us another way), so must live vicariously through our gardeners! lol Our neighbor rabbit and my hens are interested, but not convinced blueberries are food yet, having never seen such a thing. So I'm getting to keep them all with no trouble so far.

Meant to explain - vehicles here are dirtied from true bird attacks, not just occasional aerial droppings. Around and under both side mirrors of each vehicle, all down the doors, there is smeared mess and sometimes blood, all of which solidifies quickly in the sun.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:01 am

Dee - I wonder if the A1C is limited by insurance how often it is done since it spans 2-3 months. DH only has A1C done 4 times a year at his quarterly diabetic checkup.

I've given DS10 allergy meds and OTC pain med. He is going back to bed for a rest.

During one of the storms, we had a piece of trim take a beating on the SUV and it came off. DH is taking the SUV to a couple of local body shops to see if they can order replacement trim.
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:16 am

I had taken my morning meds. I am back in from weeding 20 min. in the back of the yard. Yea for progress!
I need to dust something I missed in the living room for my anti proscanation task. X
Dpc also but off till this morning.
1 of 3 so far.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”