Thursday For Sure

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Thursday For Sure

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:06 am

hello d dee,
hello d lady,
hello d cathy
hello d nancy
hello d everyone!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:47 am

More this-n-that stuff done. S2S including washing hair, brushed wet hair outside because wet long hair is a PITA to clean up inside, picked weeds out of circle flower garden in front of the house while observing how the various kinds of annual & perennial plants are growing there.

FOR SURE checkup - I'm on my 2nd and final glass of tea so I should finish by noon easily.

It is 10:45 am and both kids are still sleeping. Summertime schedule is very lax.

DH has left to volunteer at the clothes closet.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:02 pm

Waving back at you all!
Qt. X
Exercise on stat bike x
I am doing much better now, handled the phone call to fix my flub from yesterday.
The good news is that I used the wait time for paper sorting & that made me feel productive instead of frustrated!
Plus I learned it is not the end of the world yea!
I tossed a tall kitchen trash bag of unneeded paper clutter yippie!
I revamped holiday planner last nite and got it in a 5 x 7" ( apx.) Red note book.
I have not done my planning for today or journaling but feeling better about my day. [Done ]
H. Was doing better this morning that is a good thing for sure!

Purge card file is next up for me on my creativity room adventures.
And keep on with paper taming.
Purged another inch of paper!
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:08 pm

Morning y’all...

Just a quick response to LadyM cause Sweetie and I ar e working outside at the moment

I make decaf ice tea because I can drink regular tea any more due to the caffeine.

However I’ve been make decaf ice tea for years because like you if I drank it after noon it would keep me up at night. Same with Sweetie. Both Lipton and Louisiana decaf teas are made in the large bags so it’s easy to make a large batch at a time. Plus when my son was young he could drink it as well if he wanted any.

Back to work, see y’all later :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:06 pm

I’m going to get the last part of those papers organized into a useable fashion today FOR SURE.
Please see last night's post re all this paper clutter.
Ha! If you have wisdom to share, I’ll probably print it out so I’ll have it to remember....
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:23 pm

dh is upset that after the cleaning ladies left that he is missing his small flashlight. he said it was on the table.
I know the women didn't take it. Wow what an awesome job they did!!!!
I will look for it later.

I saws called the dead boxwoods in the front and dh took the branches to the curb. he also brought out all the garbage
I finished all the planting of potted plants,
today was an all day outside day.

boy am I grateful to the ladies.

I still have to take a shower and drop off d moms food into her refrigerator (by her condo)
then I will look for dh's flash light. he is really upset.
I don't know why he didn't put it away knowing we had cleaning people coming. he probably laid it somewhere and now I have to find it.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:23 pm

hi d nancy!
hi d lady!
hi d rose!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:34 pm

Spending some non productive time just staring at a screen. I should be out for a walk, it is a nice day.

My sister has gone home. I need some down time. I talk a lot, she talks more. I recognize some of my bad traits in her. To my view, her version of them are on steroids but it is still sobering to think about what dh puts up with. I'm hoping I'm better because I'm married and understand a bit of give and take in relationship. Or conversation. Her hearing is going so she would argue points with me that I had not said (she didn't hear me correctly), or tell me to "quiet down, you're yelling".

I get loud around her because she infuriates me because if I say the sky is blue she will tell me I'm wrong. The blue sky means nothing, it is not proof. She told me to stop paying attention to weather forecasts and then (8 times) read me the forecast today and told me to stop complaining about the weather. She still didn't believe me that the distant bay didn't have mist on it, it is reflecting the sky (I know this because you can see the far shoreline reflected in the water, it is perfectly still.)

She wanted to sit out but then was cold (I told her it was 68 and no sun on the balcony so we'd be cold but she told me it was sunny out so we'd be fine.)

As well, it is exhausting to listen to how everything in the world is stacked against her. Airline seats are too tight for her tender knees. I told her she can look up airplane seat space online and she knew about SeatGuru but says pitch means nothing, she doesn't care about how far her seat goes reclines. Pitch means the distance between your seat back and the seatback in front of you (which includes the space for your knees.) So she should care about pitch but she doesn't agree with my definition.

Anyway, she's gone.

I went to Walmart to pick up protein bars and then meant to buy ds his zero gravity chair at another store than had them on sale but WM's price was significantly better. So I have a chair now for him in the back of my car. And a winter duvet for dd (since I forgot twice to leave it at her place!) The back of my car is very crowded.

I bought lots of clothes while I was at WM too. So I will KonMari cloths next. I will work on the sermon tonight and then take the car in the morning for an oil change and do a Costco return (same parking lot) and then I will hunker down in the apartment and get the clothes done. I'm completely out of order here but with hot weather coming on the weekend, I need to figure out what I have to wear.

The a/c was turned on today. I was planning for hot days without a/c (I don't have UV protective windows and they are HUGE so when the sun shines, they really heat up a room) but the building manager timed the a/c service call perfectly. The super is so happy because he was worried about people grumpy about extreme heat.

Tonight's dinner is chicken soup. I have the broth already but I need to add the leftover chicken from Tuesday night, carrots, brocolli and potatoes to make it into a good soup.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:45 pm

Blessed - WOW! You got so much accomplished today. POTB! Can you talk to the cleaning ladies to see if they remember seeing the flashlight and/or where they put it?

RR - thanks for the suggestion on using decaf tea. Decaf is one of DH very few non-negotiable things. He will not drink decaf anything. DH would totally support me having decaf but I'm not willing to deal with both. I actually prefer caffeine but I just have to be careful with timing my tea drinking. As long as I keep it confined to the morning hours then I'm fine.

FOR SURE - I spent time with DGS22. I prepared lunch and he ate here before we went to the city together to do several errands and some shopping. We talked non-stop for 4.5 hours.

DGS22 has me motivated to return to the healthy eating WOE that we did together last year. DGS22 lost about 80 lb doing it. He has gained about 10 lbs back so he wants to lose that. I don't want to talk about how much I've gained but I definitely have some weight to lose. It feels good to have my motivation back and a plan.

DD quit her job yesterday so today she came and got DGD8. I don't know when DGD8 will be back but I suspect DD will only keep her overnight.

I made a batch of brown rice in the Instant Pot. Once it finished cooking then I put individual serving sizes in 1/2 cup mason jars. I have healthy carbs ready to eat for the next several meals. Now I need to prep some protein, fat & vegetable servings.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:27 pm

I have chicken soup in the crockpot. I will cook hubby some noodles separately.
I got the 6 plants in that I had set out to go in next planted. The rain slacked off a bit while I did that and then it got heavier when I
Came back inside. The dog went out with me.
I got the living room vacuumed.
H is on his way.

Return to “Post When You Can”