Friday Focus

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Friday Focus

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:40 am

What's your focus for the day?

Watch out for distractions!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Friday Focus

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:45 am

I'm up. Slept well, woke earlier than I should have but naturally so I guess I had enough sleep. I still got to bed way too late but 30 minutes earlier than when my sister was here and went to sleep quickly as opposed to stewing.

The washer just buzzed so I need to deal with that.

I made my bed before leaving the room.

I washed up yesterday's dishes (which I had put into a sink of hot, sudsy, water before bed.) I did that while making my tea (it takes longer now that I don't have my hot water pot out.)

I've had tea and chocolate.

I tried to join a Discord Channel for Konmari accountability but that didn't work. I could spend hours learning how Discord works and reading all the back threads to get a sense of the people in that community.

Or I could spend hours actually doing the Konmari work on my apartment!

So I joined and then I bowed out when I realized it would be a time-suck.

Now I'm going to get s2 underwear and then have my breakfast. After that, I'll start in on Konmari of my clothes and try on the things I'm going to keep, then organize my drawers/bins/closet for the warm weather season.

After that's done (probably afternoon) I'll get dressed for the day!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:56 am

Hi!

My focus? Hmmm.... not to get too frazzled this weekend. There is a rock and gem show tomorrow, a book sale that goes all weekend, the Niagara Regional Exhibition is on and the Craft Guild that I go to on Thursdays has a lot of stuff exhibited there, so I want to go. I also have a knitting group this afternoon where I will take some knitting as they are demonstrating how to knit at an open house at the library. Our Saturday group will all be there. We also have International knit in public day tomorrow and we will be taking lawn chairs and knitting outside in front of the library.

I also have to do some business banking this morning and go to the bagel store. They open at 10.

Dirty dishes are all in the dishwasher. One dirty pot and one dirty frying pan are soaking in the sink.Those are now done.

Bed is made. I didn't make it yesterday and the room looked a mess all day, even though there is absolutely no clutter in that room.

I have refilled salt and sugar containers in the kitchen. I have 2 small Rubbermaid containers beside the stove. One has fine salt and the other has a blend of salt and pepper. Those are done and should last most of the summer.

We are going out for Vietnamese tonight. The book sale is just down the street and goes until 9. I really hope dh wants to go tonight. I had sort of planned that I would do the book sale tonight, the rock and gem show tomorrow and the fair on Sunday.

I'm tired just thinking about everything I want to get done. Usually when dh asks what I want to do on a weekend, there is absolutely nothing on my list.

The weather is beautiful. There is a farmer out tilling the field behind our house. I need to cut the grass. This last thing is so that dh gets a break from it this weekend.
Last edited by CathyS on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:00 am

Lilac - It's great to see your posts yesterday. I miss your daily interaction. I hope your doing okay and can rejoin us soon. No pressure if you can't though!

I had a good night sleep. When I woke up I took a couple of pictures of things that bring me joy. Life goes by fast and I want to capture the treasured moments.

I have 2 hours before picking DMom up to take her to doctor appointment. Taking DMom to her many doctor appointments isn't much joy but it does bring me pleasure that I am fulling the only request I remember my Dad ever asking of me. Hum... I find myself wondering if there is a way I can add some fun into this when I think of LucyLee post yesterday.
not much more travel than some of her doctor's appts have been and it would certainly be more fun

Yesterday one of the things that DGS22 and I did was take some flowers to DMIL at the rehab facility. I think I will discuss visiting DMIL with DMom today and see if she is up to it. It will require DMom to walk about a block (long hallways). I know wheelchairs are available but DMom is unwilling to sit in one.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:11 am

it's friday already!!!!!! how is that possible.
I have no idea how today will be as d mom is home.
first water the plants

just talked to d mom- I will have a bit more predictability (lol - can't believe I think my day will be predictable :D )
Mom doesn't need me to pick her up until this afternoon.
so back to work - continue the process.
bills
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:26 am

lilac hello
(oh if sadie and d helia are visiting - hello as well)

good day to you d lady! would they let you go in another door. there has to be a employee door/emergency door on that side of the facility.
wishing you a good visit to your d mom's dr.

Hello and good day d cathy! have fun at the show tomorrow and have fun at the knitting group. I am so happy the weather is beautiful!

good morning d kathryn.. thank you for starting us! Wishing you a good day.

Have a great one today!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:24 am

I am feeling bleary eyed this morning - I was so tired last night, and I think I got enough sleep but I just feel tired-hung over. (No alcohol involved!) I spent the week fretting and fussing over the presentation yesterday and it really went well. It was about a 1.75 hr drive (one way) to the small town where this meeting was held, and it rained some both directions. And I got up there early and had lunch with the gal who will be my roommate in Pittsburgh later this month. So it was 6 p.m. when I got home and I walked the dog (in the rain again!) and went right back out to dh's client event at the ball park where it rained some more. I left the game around 8:30 and came on home.

I think the presentation went really well. They had 45 there - a group that normally has 25 people, and all were very complimentary, lots of interaction and questions. One asked if I was going to become a CGL - lecturer also. (I don't think I would ever do that!)

Today I need to deal with a lot of the stuff I've pushed off this week. And I have two weeks before I leave for Pittsburgh so I need to make the most of the next two weeks.

OTOH, I may need a nap when dcleaning lady is done with her magic!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:30 am

Twins, are you doing any genealogy for clients now?

My focus today was to get all my paperwork caught up. That's finally done. I typed up May's spreadsheets, which were complicated this time; a lot of notes all over the place to explain things.

Then I had to call the internet people about our spotty internet. Wouldn't you know, while I was on the phone in the middle of a long automated phone call it began to work nicely again. Gal finally came on the line and went through all kinds of things again... and I kept telling her it was working ok... she wanted to send a service tech out... but finally I got rid of her saying I'd call again if it started to do it later. So far so good. Annoying call, I couldn't understand her language.

Ran around picking things up for DH who was pushing his vacuum around. Nice!

It is raining on and off this morning. Good, we need the rain. (Unlike some of you who are swamped with water).

Ok, time for a break and breakfast.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:45 am

I took a long break from clothes and had breakfast.

The clothes in my closet are now done along with the new items I bought yesterday (I won't be keeping as much as I bought due to fit but 2 items of sleepwear and 2 white bottoms are perfect - in fact I didn't want to take off the leggings because they were so comfortable! I have 2 items to toss out (worn) and several to give away. And that's before I get to the stored away clothing that doesn't fit.

I have kept several pieces from the closet that don't fit but they spark joy and I will probably wear them if/when I get smaller.

I didn't toss everything on to the bed in one pile because I have already sorted and folded a lot of my clothes in the drawers. So I put them carefully on the bed so I don't have to refold. It is still good practice to pull out absolutely everything so I know how much I have and how much I have in each category. For example, I keep some t-shirts in a handy drawer all winter for early spring day but the rest are in the drawer under my bed (and will be swapped out with my turtleneck sweaters which are currently in a handy drawer.) So now I have all my t-shirts out on the bed.

My sister shared a photo on FB of Melania, the president, Theresa May and her husband at a photo op with all of them having scowls or at least deep frowns on their faces. Here's what she said when two people questioned whether it was doctored or not:

I have no idea. But then, no one has any idea what is true, whether it is the President tweeting, Democrats meming, Fox (Aptly called faux news),Republican moles manipulating video of Nancy P ,Russians coordinating a massive propaganda machine, or some individual with Photoshop, it really doesnt matter, does it? This photo gives a laugh to anyone who knows how much the royal family detested its duty to welcome this man to the UK. Its a non-drawn cartoon.

She's educated, she spent most of her employment working with lawyers and court cases, yet she is happy to be 'part of the problem', not caring if something is true or not, it reinforces her narrative so whatever you say is wrong (in this case, asking if the photo is fake, is the wrong thing to say.)

And it is not the royal family in that picture it is the Prime Minister. But she is using this picture to prove the royal family detested its duty to host the president.

In fact, I suspect the picture was not doctored. I took the time to look online and found a shot from a different angle with Melania looking away from the camera. None of them had as deep a scowl but none were smiling in the other picture either. They were prepping for the photo op. It was likely from a stream of photos taken before the official "smile for the cameras". In any family group shot, it is very likely you'd get a similar picture of your own family but that doesn't mean you detest each other.

the president's resting face and his solemn face are exactly as they are in the picture and the same is true for Theresa May. I've never seen her husband before, so I can't comment on him. If there was doctoring, it was of Melania because I've never seen her look that bad, but, it is a fraction of a second caught in time, so it may not have doctored. Unfortunately, that series of shots don't show how beautiful Melania's dress was (so was May's but she can't show off clothes the way Melania can.)

I haven't said any of this to my sister, there is no point. Because it doesn't support her narrative, she'll dismiss anything I say as fake or ill-informed.

Harriet: you commented on her bugging me while driving. That was the same but most of the time it was only short drives. It just isn't as bad because my brain has healed a lot. Plus I was driving my car in my city (not true last fall.) There was one point on the highway where the signboard had said a lane was closed but we were stopped long before the closure and I had to calculate where we were, a route home and measure my blood sugar and caffeine level (it was 1:30 and my second snack was overdue and dgs' leftovers from his snack were not enough for my first snack of the day) and where we were in relationship to places where I could get a reasonable snack.

She wouldn't answer my question (Do you want a lunch?) but kept rattling on about how she was sure the traffic wasn't that bad, we were just in the wrong lane and everyone was whipping by us in the lane next to us so I should move over (it was the exit lane.) I eventually drew a map in my head, with a route home, and identified where to go to eat, so then I did get into the moving lane and exited the highway. She took that as vindication that she was right and I was admitting I needed to change lanes.

Once we stopped for the snack, I turned on data and found out the blockage was planned and ended at 2:30 so I pointed out the liquor store next to where we were and that slowed our resumption of the trip home to after the blockage was over and we got home quickly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:49 am

I want to reply to all of you!
I haven't the chance to read everyones day but I will soon.
wishing you all the best.

Return to “Post When You Can”