Friday Focus

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Friday Focus

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:50 am

weed wacked and now to use my handy dandy weed puller - I am only doing 2 feet at a time and finishing planting or putting wood mulch on.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:56 am

Dcleaning lady is done and I went ahead and walked the dog in the rain. She so wanted to walk - was next to me and watching me all the time - and the rain did let us a bit while we were out there.

I think I'll nap for a little right now. Tomorrow is soon enough for most of these things and I will be out for the evening, so need to be feeling well.

Harmony, no work for clients. I'm mostly working on my stuff - possibly for portfolio which almost feels like a pipe dream, but I WILL GET THERE. I am doing some free work for friends also.

So much OMM:
-see dMom
-dog meds
-dog frontline (need a can of wet food also)
-return pkg for dh
-get spring things in and put away and summer things out - porch and in the house
-trim azaleas at the front porch - I put dh off because they were blooming, then we were going away. They really need to be trimmed back some
-genealogy!
-declutter!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:10 pm

I am up & at em.
Got the creativity room adventures for today started. I vacuumed and that included the closet floor!
Stuff is back in it now.
I also vacuumed the m bed room.
I am side tracked waiting for base coat of paint to dry on a craft project. :mrgreen:

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:55 pm

Twins' that is quite a success. Congrats.

blessed, I hope you have a calm homecoming and time while your dmother is nearby.

Cathy, that sounds like the most creative and art-centered weekend! Cool.

Hi to Sunny. Hows the transition going?

Twins',
and other genealogy buffs, HRH noticed there is a beta test of upcoming Ancestry dot com now, and looked through his, finding some surprises among the many-greats. I don't know if it has to do with the test, but there was much more to see regarding ancestors for him. Interestingly, some had "possible" (or a similar word?) stamped below them, but those were often ones he's personally sure of, so he saw a lot that was new, yet supposedly certain. He showed me mine as well. There was a lot to take in but I'm sure if there's something profound for me to know I'll get a phone call from my savvy cousin. I'm always wary of contacting cousin first, because I fear the "you mean you didn't KNOW?" conversation or the "don't you REMEMBER?" conversation. lol

As several of us have said today, I need to DO instead of considering doing. bbl

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:08 pm

d mom sounds happy.. she is emptying your cloths and putting them away. we are having dinner together and go to the grocery store.

miracles of miracles: dd younger has been cleaning house, cooking healthy dinners and keeping things neat. She is so proud of herself and is loving living on her own. praying she can make money to support herself. she has made money here and there on photography but not consistent enough to support herself yet but she is trying!

dh wasn't happy with me using the rototiller - the smaller one bc it has been so wet. I am only working on a 4' square section at a time. He kept huffing and buffing and looking annoyed. Then I took out the power washer, that I purchased on my own last year, and again he said that everything is too wet. More huff and puff :shock: ;). after finishing rototilling I used the power washer to clean out the blades and if I have to admit it looks better than before he gave it to me. He was thrilled. dh's sweet dad was like this if he didn't want to do something and then later was thrilled :D I literally had to stop dh and tell him that he doesn't have to do anything or in his mind do it all (which God bless him, it wouldn't get done as he sees jobs as too big). He's a good man, so these little things are not that important. my goodness the fuss. would I feel the same way if he used my sewing machine or my instant pot? :D 8-) :D

the flies are biting. time for some bug repellent. We usually only get biting flies at the beach and that's 1 hour drive away. (I am sure all the water in the marsh hasn't helped!)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:11 pm

Hello d Harriet!

back to continuing the process. lunch first - wash 4' of the fence with the power washer, rake that area, plant the daisies, cover that area with mulch.
I weeded, after roto-tilling, a 5' area, planted 2 of the 5 daisies, I raked the area I roto-tilled, put down a 2 ' x 5' area of mulch and watered that area. (I became physically drained - grrrr) and put away all the tools and power washer etc. yay, cleaned up after myself. :D :D :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:12 pm

hi d twins and d nancy, d harmony as well. and to everyone hello.
CHEERING YOU ALL ON!

glad you had the cleaning ladies d twins.
yay twins.

MadHouseWitch

Postby MadHouseWitch » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:38 pm

My Daughter Graduates High School today!

I got a text from her asking to water the plants outside, she didn't have time gathering the extras this morning. Hubby ended up working on a day off (the benefits of Salary?) Because another store is having a Grand Reopening and they called other managers in to help out. We are going to go grocery shopping and get Pizza for dinner, nice and easy before the Grad ceremony.

I have NO IDEA if my In Laws are coming up or not LOL So a general pick up most likely JUST IN CASE!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:31 pm

Congratulations on your dd's graduation, Madhouse!!!
(dd = dear daughter)
That's a big step! Hope you have a nice evening -- with or without the inlaws! :D

LadyM, after I posted about the possibility of a fun outing with dmom, I remembered... t-ball. I know, I know, it is not an unforgivable sin for a Nana to miss ONE t-ball game, but... I'm pretty sure ds will be missing that one too, and my help may be more needed than usual. We should have a schedule soon so maybe they won't have a game that night anyway. I'll see. Or I will suggest to dmom that she ask my daunts if they'd like to go.

Blessed, I am so glad YOUR dmom is happy to be back "home" -- LOL -- I guess she calls both places home, right? Sounds like your dd is off to a good start, too.

Biting flies. Someone posted a picture of willow flies here -- I think they only appear at the river, but oh my goodness -- they were covering EVERYTHING and they looked something like dragon flies -- but it was hard to tell how big they actually were. I know my dbil always wants to go fishing when the willow flies hatch, but ugh... I wouldn't want to be near them! The video on FB looked like one of the plagues from the Bible. We used to spend a lot of time on the boat at the river, but I don't think I've ever seen willow flies like that. (I don't think willow flies bite, so that's good, at least.)

You know what comes to mind that I want to say when I'm reading about your dsis, Kathryn? Bless her heart. It's a good Southern saying that will make you feel better. Try it. ;)

Well, I made more progress last night with the paper pile.
I think my problem is, I want these motivational sayings and writings IN SIGHT all the time, LOL... like, I could wallpaper my bathroom with "stuff I need to remember." But having things in binders so I can turn pages, rather than in stacks that get all jumbled up, will be a huge improvement. Bathroom vanity may still be more "cluttered" than I envision in my perfect world, but as we all know, perfect doesn't exist in the real world. And even the streamlined hotel room would get awfully cluttered if I lived there a month, wouldn't it?

I'll work on organization papers later tonight. Otherwise, plans for the day include quick trip to post office & drug store, and what has become our usual Friday afternoon routine -- riding around the countryside, listening to Bluegrass Junction on the satellite radio. Tonight, ds & family are coming over to eat supper with us (take-out from fundraiser fish fry). We are waiting to hear what t-ball practice plans are and will time supper accordingly. Rain is predicted here all weekend.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:47 pm

I have walked the dog.
More paint is drying on my project. A wooden basket with just the right amount of i perfection now. :mrgreen:
I vacuumed 2 of three bedrooms edited to add upstairs now has been vacuumed.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”