Friday Focus

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Friday Focus

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:20 pm

Congratulations, Madhouse, to your sweet daughter!!!

hello d lady!

hello d lucy!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:55 pm

Welcome to MadHouseWitch! It is nice to see you jumping in and posting!

(You can read all about her over at Across the Cafe Table.)

I've finished my clothes and the room is almost all tidied, just a few things to put away. My music friend called and we talked an hour so I took a break. I'm starving. Had a protein bar and milk and am still hungry. I might just opt for a really early dinner, we'll see. First I'll have some cucumber. I should walk over and get carrots, I'm out of them now, having used the last of them in the soup last night.

I'm dressing in my new jeggings and a top I bought while in Toronto.

I noted I have 'too many' dresses. Under Konmari you keep what gives you joy and I love all my dresses. So I will just have to work at wearing them more often. That shouldn't be hard, in fact it should be joyful!

I seem to have far more summer items than winter. I think part of it is that some winter things (fleece sweaters, blazers) are still in my main closet, not moved to off-season.

I did get rid of most of the 'when I lose weight' clothes. So I have a green garbage bag of items to donate and kitchen garbage bag of clothes to toss out. That leaves more room in my drawers, which is a good thing.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:59 pm

Good afternoon! It has been totally overcast here today; I think we had some rain around 7 am, much needed and there is more in the forecast the next few days.

Can't remember when I last posted, but dh and I have kept busy this week with ordinary routine, etc. with some extras.

Tuesday afternoon Ds#1 and his dfamily came to visit. They thought we might be moved by the time they get home from their trip and wanted to see us. When suppertime came I suggested making a trip to W-M for some fried chicken dinner. Ddil-D, dgson15 and dgd18 came with me. We ended up with the chicken, pepperoni pizza, BEvans mashed potatoes and salad with mini donuts for dessert. Everything was gone except the potatoes. The whole family left this morning on a trip to So Dakota with their boy scout troop. It is a 10-day trip (three days travel both ways and four days to tour the area. Some of the sites will be Mt. Rushmore, Wind Cave Natl Pk, Crazy Horse Mem. and an archeological dig site. A wonderful trip of a lifetime for some.

Wednesday, Mr. NewHomeOwner came to pick up another pile of mail delivered to him here. He says he told everyone he knows not to send mail here. I don't mind, I just keep stacking it up for him. He told us we can stay here until July 1, as his friend's daughter will not move from her house till the middle of July. He has offered to help us any way he can. He is a really nice man!

Yesterday was errand day. We made a trip out to two grocery stores to pick up RX refills at both places. We also filled up a shopping cart full of groceries, almost $200 worth, so our pantry is full again. Also stopped at a local gas station to fill up the car. I also worked out in the yard for a while, cutting up the palm branches. We can't just pile the branches up by the curb for pick up. The trash company will not take them loose, they have to be cut no longer than four ft. and tied in bundles, or put in bags. Makes extra work for us.

Today my focus is to finish putting away groceries from yesterday. When we come home, dh always starts putting away the refrigerator and freezer items, then we put away most of the other supplies. Sometimes some has to wait till the next day if I am in need of a rest. I am also catching up on laundry. I found a load of clothes in the dryer from last weekend --- :roll: I have one load in washer now and another waiting. I spent some time grooming dMinnie. She is shedding her winter coat a lot. She even lets me run the vacuum hose with the small brush attachment over her. That gets the sand and dust out as well as some of the loose shed. She's looking good now!

Hello Harriet. We are making progress towards our move. We packed up our large pictures yesterday, no, it was Wednesday. Had to find a tall box, then we wrapped them in bubble wrap. Next to do is our clothes, keeping out just enough to last two weeks, like we would pack for our vacations.

Harmony, I'm hoping your eyesight will get stronger again, even if it takes a little longer.

Oh, Congratulations to your dd graduating today, Madhouse.

Waving hello to everyone.... :)
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:16 pm

Good afternoon everyone! It's PAYDAY for me, and I am working on building up my savings. I actually have money leftover from the previous pay period. Not much, but still good. This evening, I will do the bills and budget and transfer that money plus more from this pay period into savings. Last night, I did get the errands run, paid a bill, picked up most of the mess from painting in the hallway, put away LOLs, and did much cleanup in hallway, LR, and kitchen. Had to do the cleanup because the cat coordinator is picking up Alfie and Ziva tonight for the adoption clinic tomorrow.

I have met the new neighbors and they do NOT have chickens!!! (Cue Hallelujah Chorus with volume 11). They have 3 rescue dogs, all bichon frises.

The essential thing I must do tonight is get everything together for the event tomorrow. I will be doing a special event during the regular adoption time. Briggs was supposed to attend, but he is not well enough, though he is improving. Dance class is tonight too. I still have not dealt with the financial paperwork all over the 2nd kitchen table. I have a long list of things that need to be done this weekend + stuff I WANT to get done. DD17 wants to go to the local amusement park.

My cough is still hanging on since EASTER and it is annoying me.

At payroll, I am trying to import a SQL database table into a tabular model database and it is giving me fits. The person I need to help me is out of the office, too.

ETA1: Dodged a bullet. DD and I are going camping at the end of June at a wolf sanctuary. A friend has planned camping the same weekend. The obnoxious whistling guy is going and I have good reason not to!

ETA2: Problem solved on the import. New data has been entered and is in process of deploying. I will look at some emails in the meantime, deployment takes a while on a long database.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:59 pm

Know all about the 'brush' saga, Sunny. DD/dsonil had their trees trimmed & the company piled all the limbs, facing the right way, along their whole frontage. The Polk Co. 'brush' people came by & tagged it, saying it was "non-compliant". DD talked to them about 2 weeks ago & they were going to send someone else out to check it. If it was still tagged it's up to dsonil to somehow get rid of it. An almost impossible task & as you know, they can't burn it. Know they'll have to do something if the county won't take it or they'll start piling up fines. Not sure how the tree companies can get away with this though.

Congratulations to your dd, MHW. It's definitely a great achievement these days.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:23 pm

Got distracted.

Finished up the bedroom (that was basically nothing) and took the donations to the car, the garbage to the chute and brought up my grocery bag holder from the car to remake in a more sturdy version with a thicker box. It is great to have them all folded and ready to grab in the back of the car.

My car is getting stuffed with donations, the stroller, a recliner lawn chair for ds, a winter duvet for dd and three returns to assorted stores!

After coming back upstairs, I started work on cleaning off my sorting table. Now that dh is gone, I'm not using it because I can pile more easily in the room I'm working in. Also, with my clothing done, I have a good sense I won't be using the majority of the remaining saved boxes, so I spent an hour collapsing them to go out in the recycle.

I'll use the table for the sentimental stuff, and then I'll try and fold it up and put it away.

I have my tall storage cupboard, a hall drawer, bathroom stuff, cleaning supplies, toys, movies and music, bike stuff and knick knacks left to do. Then I'm to move on to sentimental. Then I'll be done.

Sentimental could be a minefield. But that won't be until I get back. My goal is to the get the rest done before I leave on my trip (along with accounting stuff, a babysitting time, oil change in the car, brunch with a girlfriend and getting the bed and carpet out to my refugee next Saturday.

Tonight I'll work on the sermon. But first, dinner.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:12 pm

I am a little frustrated that I am not able to do as much work as I want.
I fell asleep watching the news (before I took a shower - geesh).
Shower is done and now for bills - I don't want to but have to.
dh wrapped up the hose for me when I was not looking
he also wrapped up the electric cord for me - wonderful

hello d kathryn you have been working really hard on your konmarie - wonderful

hello d dee how frustrating that they said the brush was non-compliant. I know, here, they will not pick up a tree that is cut up as the tree company is responsible for it.

hello d elizabeth yay on pay day

hello d sunny how nice that your d s and family came for a visit. how fun for everyone to visit those sites. yay on making progress on your move!

hello d nancy - yay on your painting.

hello d everyone.

can some one give me some physical energy. :D 8-)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:35 pm

blessed, you may have some of mine but it may be frayed. ~~~~~ sending anyway ~~~~~

Briggs getting better is good news, Elizabeth.

Dd20 and I moved some furniture around in her room again. She has too many pieces and we're going to have to get something out of there, now that she's invested in the drafting table (which she loves).

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:52 pm

Did a bit more paintind got the bottom of the mini tool box. Both projects are dry now.
Windy and rainy here. Piolet lite is out. It is warmer thant tent camping lol!
Luv my pup heater!
Got the washer going now.
Had my dinner, h is fasting for blood work .

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:25 pm

Nancy: I hope you stay warm.

I'm calling it a night. I haven't worked on the sermon, will do that in the quiet of the morning, instead of the quiet of the night.

I'm pleased with the progress today.

Tonight I got the recycle out (I took cans down and checked the paper bin and it was empty so I came back upstairs for all the collapsed boxes.) It feels good to go into the office and see 1/3 less clutter under the sorting table.

I found a home for one of the drawer organizers (most of my drawers are too small) and folded up the plastic bags I found and put them in their home.

Bit by bit, tiny things are adding up to something big.

The kitchen is cleaned up from the day and I've filled the Brita jug and the kettle for the morning.

I forgot to water the plants so I'll leave a water jug out by the kettle so I can do it in the morning.

Lovely sunset tonight so I've enjoyed glimpses of that while I work around the apartment. I only got 3800 steps today. On Monday I did 5K without ever leaving the apartment! Today I was working only in one room so didn't get many steps despite 3 trips taking things out of the apartment.

Return to “Post When You Can”