Friday Focus

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lilac

Re: Friday Focus

Postby Lilac » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:21 am

Just a quick check in. Last December our dfriends from our hometown called and said their dgs had been picked to be in the annual Shrine Bowl (football) game. It is high school seniors and the teams are divided up eastern Ks and western Ks. The game is in western Ks this year and we decided to go to the game and spend Saturday with our dfriends. We made hotel reservations in December. So dgd22s dcousin on her dads side, decided to throw her a bachelorette party/shower the same night. I really hate to miss it but I hate to disappoint our dfriends. At some point the party will be on a party bus. Dh told me that dgd22s friends would probably have more fun without a grandma on board. So I bought a nice card and enclosed a check, large enough to ease my guilt.

Today we have had our dog, 1 year. Last month he stayed at a kennel while we were out of town for my great nieces hs graduation. That was the first time I had been away from him. He did great at the kennel. She charged $72 for 3 nights, so we paid her $100. It is worth it to us for him to get great care. Also by over paying, I hope we can count on her in an emergency. I didn't want the girls or dgkids to take care of him because if we all had to be out of town at the same time, I want to have someone outside of family to be able to take him.

I finally was able to give myself a pedicure and get some nail polish on this evening.

Earlier today I was changing out my winter clothes for my summer clothes. I have decided to set up a table in the guest bedroom and stack all my summer clothes on it. Once I wear them and it is something I like and want to keep then after laundering them, they can go in the walk in closet. I have way too many clothes and I am going to force myself to get rid of anything I don't wear this summer. I can put the table away and stack the clothes in laundry baskets when we have company the weekend before the wedding and the weekend of the wedding. After the company leaves, the table needs to come out with the remaining clothes. If I can just force myself to do this, I can accomplish my goal. The one thing that might hold me back is for the second summer in a row, the store I buy the majority of clothes from has had very little that I like, so I haven't bought much. On the other hand their fall and winter selections have been great and now I am really loaded down with those seasonal clothes. So I will need to do the same thing with the fall and winter clothes.

Well I better head to bed. I am going to walk in the morning with both dds before I get ready to leave for the overnight trip.

blessedw2

Re: Friday Focus

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:54 am

d harriet - thank you for the extra energy!!! I will take it!
so happy your sweet dd got herself a drafting table - so cool!

lilac!!!! Hello hello
you have been busy! so happy to see you!

hello d nancy!
hello d kathryn! hello d everyone!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”