Simple Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Simple Saturday

Postby lucylee » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:15 pm

Pretty simple day around here, I’d say. I only just now got s2s! We’ve been watching baseball, and I’ve talked to dmom — who isn’t sure she wants to spend the $$$ for concert tickets this far in advance. She and I made plans to go to a funeral tomorrow — long time family friend, who played organ at my wedding. :( She has a stroke, and then a blood clot. Pretty sudden, I think. She was about my ddad’s age and worked in the same plant with him for years. They actually carpooled some when I was little.

Dgs is waiting on me to come get him now. Supper is chick-fil-a — peach milkshakes are back! :)
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:20 pm

My day took an unexpected turn. Dmom has a respiratory something and is beyond confused, almost not even responsive. I might could understand 1% of what she was saying. She was running a slight fever. Hospice nurse came to see her and prescribed an antibiotic (although it's probably viral it will prevent further infection) and prescription mucinex. I'm returning there later to sleep in the chair to monitor her overnight. No sign of pneumonia so far...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:37 pm

(((Twins))) I hope your time with DMom goes as well as possible.

I finished those 3 things plus some extra. I stayed at the pool for 45 minutes while the kids swam. Then I prepared supper for them both.

I'm watching Outlander on Netflix. I tried reading the first book a few years ago when everyone was giving it such high reviews. I didn't finish reading the book but I am enjoying the video series. I have to be aware if little eyes can see my screen during parts of it because it does have some marital relations scenes and has some battle scenes. I skip past those.

Next up -
** Dishwasher emptied and supper dishes loaded
** Put a dozen eggs in Instant Pot (hard boil them)
** Cut up fresh vegetables and portion into 6oz baggies.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:10 pm

I've printed off the service. And printed off an invoice.

I'm going to load my preaching binder and then do up the dishes. Or at least put them in soak.

Then maybe walk around the block. I have just over 1000 steps for today. That is not enough to let me go to sleep.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:52 pm

We did okay with the bbq grad, party, back home now. Bs is accaptable.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:09 pm

Good sense prevailed and I walked at dusk rather than after sunset.

Dishes are now done up. I'm off to bed.

I won't likely post in the morning. I have to leave here at 8:50.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:32 pm

(((Twins))) Saying a prayer that you and your dmom can get some rest tonight and the meds do their thing quickly and she feels better soon!

Have a good day tomorrow, Kathryn.

Congratulations to your graduate, too, Nancy! Glad all went well for the party.

We’re home and I’m letting dgs play a little while before bath time. Not much accomplished today but that’s okay. I’m going to look through some of those papers while he’s in the tub.
Tomorrow is another day.

MadHouseWitch

Postby MadHouseWitch » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:02 pm

Today has been... a no work day to be honest. With the graduation and the In Laws DID make it up, but they met us at the graduation, as they JUST made it to town. So they didn't come till this morning at 8AM. After Hubs had to have surprise work on his day off yesterday means that today just ended up being more grad stuff. It is fine as it only happens a few times in a lifetime!

So I am currently sipping wine, watching "Good Omens" and waiting for the DD to get home after HER weekend excitement, I saw her between events LOL. But that is 1/5 down to walk that aisle! That being said, this is the FIRST so it is hitting me kind of hard!

And I'm trying to to be too hard on myself for really having a true day off because of the festivities!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:20 pm

(((Madhouse))) — these ladies probably still remember what a basket case I was when ds graduated — and that was 17 years ago!!! But in my defense, he is an only child.
If you HAD done anything that wasn’t related to the grad festivities today, I would be scolding you (in a loving way) — you deserve to celebrate!
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:26 am

Ta-da!
My 18” pile is now condensed into less than 5” — all contained in 4 binders/folders, plus 2 4x6 photo albums and 1 3x5 cardfile binder.
I have only 2 papers that I have no idea where to “file.” One is instructions for using discarded ties to weave together for pillow covers... which I really doubt I would ever do, mainly because ds wears ties and would never let me experiment with his grandfathers’ ties... and the other which has instructions for handwriting analysis. Doubtful that is going to be very useful, either. LOL...

I still have a HUGE box of stuff to be put in scrapbooks; this is just my day-to-day stuff I’m working on now — housekeeping/cleaning plans, planner formats/sample pages, etc.

I gave TWO large, VERY nice monthly/weekly/daily planners to dgs... and I may have created a monster!
Eeeek — He is now joyously filling out the blank pages, using my partial months as a guide and making up activities as he goes. OH. MY. GOODNESS.
Of course, I don’t think I will create OCD tendencies in this child. He told me earlier that he looks down when he walks to keep from tripping on toys because his house is so messy. :(

Anyway, I gave him the planners bc filling out an hourly plan was just another chore that weighed on my mind. I don’t need hourly plans, my days don’t need to be that structured anymore. I love the IDEA of it, but it just isn’t reality for me.
My Mead Five Star 9 1/2 x 6 notebook is all I have ever been happy with for daily planning and I am going to stop trying to improve on it!
Along with my monthly wall & purse calendars, it serves as planner/journal/prayer diary and it is all I need.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”