Asubuhi na kuwa na siku njema Jumapili! (Good morning and have a good day Sunday!)

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Asubuhi na kuwa na siku njema Jumapili! (Good morning and have a good day Sunday!)

Postby Harriet » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:16 pm

What a joy to come here among intelligent and thoughtful citizens of our world.

Thanks for the oasis of sanity.

((Twins')) I wanted to post to you last night and computer froze on me. Thinking of you.

CathyS

Re: Asubuhi na kuwa na siku njema Jumapili! (Good morning and have a good day Sunday!)

Postby CathyS » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:51 pm

Hi!

We have had a marvelous weekend here. If any of you or your husbands watched the Canadian Open (golf) it has just been a picture perfect day.

Going back outside.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:54 pm

Kathryn, I do have a medical and financial POA. I gave hospice a copy of that when she entered hospice 14 months ago.

Then again, she could wake up better tomorrow but I'm not thinking that will happen at this point.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:05 pm

I got the lawn mowed, today in the front yard killed a snake with the mower. Ack! Glad that it over!
A bull snake but they look so much like a rattle snake it is unnerving.

I watered the beds in back after I showered.
Trying to think what is for dinner.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:06 pm

Twins: that's what makes this so stressful for you.

I had my mom's power of attorney and signed the DNR when she was admitted to the nursing home. One day I was out walking with her and realized that if she collapsed with a heart attack, I would probably start cpr because I could not leave her to die. It mattered not that that would be a poor choice, I couldn't be responsible for her death.

I've met others who have shared the same feelings as me, including the mom of the young boy I mentioned in my earlier post today. That was a fear she had that was adding to the stress of knowing she would lose him. In the end, he just died. So she didn't have to face that choice.

I have no advice, I just have a sense of some of what you might be thinking. I pray the choice is clear or better yet, out of your hands completely.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:43 pm

My mother has had a long life, much longer than I ever imagined. She's 92. She had high BP and was diabetic and then had breast cancer in her 70s. Her quality of life for at least the last year (she will have been at assisted living two years later this month) hasn't been great, tbh. She's increasingly lost her ability to carry on a conversation or know people or remember anything except things that might have happened years ago. But she's been relatively content or happy if that's such a thing in the shape she's been in. She hasn't been angry or unpleasant, she's had people there at assisted living that loved on her and saw how sweet she is now. As I said, I've lived for quite a few years wondering when the "shoe would drop," I just didn't expect that both my brother and sister would have passed away. My brother's only been gone a year and two months ago, while my sister died in Oct 2016 so I suspect the grieving compounds somehow. All this is the rational stuff. The emotions are a different place altogether, not rational however.

My father will have been gone for 20 years next month. He was born in 1911 however, mother in 1927.

Reading some about the process of dying, the withdrawal, clammy skin and lowered body temp are indications. But there's not a crystal ball to say how long.

I'm supposed to be away for a week beginning 22 June, so I've emailed re: possibly cancelling my institute registration, although haven't made a hard decision.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:46 pm

Dinner is long over. Time to get off the couch.

I had leftover church sandwiches and the last of the soup I made on Thursday. Plus leftover salad from last night. Not a lot of dishes to wash up!

I think I will walk up to the bank and deposit my pay from today. Then wash up the dishes and work on my bullet journal for next week.

DSIL sent the meal plan for cottage week. It looks good. We'll eat out twice and bbq almost every other night with leftovers for lunches.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:48 pm

I need to do some planning for tomorrow but instead I am going to sit with dmom for awhile.

And that said, she could still improve. She's only been on antibiotic for 24 hours.
Last edited by Twins' Mom on Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:49 pm

(((Twins))) However this works out, don't be hesitant to use us as a safe space to work out your feelings. We're here for you.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:10 pm

Hugs and prayers (((((Twins)))))) and any others in need of them.
Yes to the compounding of grief multiplied.

Many thanks to Ken for sharing his photos and discriptions that 'take us there'.

Monday yoga and lunch are done.
Afternoon bus to group , then shopping todo.
If I don't buy too much I'll walk home with it.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”