Monday Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Monday Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:11 pm

Yi, indeed, Dee.

Mother is a little more responsive this am and hospice nurse wants to keep her in place w a hospital bed, oxygen and nebulizer, and a lockbox for a night nurse to give her night meds as needed. I think hospice nurse is still talking to the director of resident services... Based on monitoring her for the last year Lauren thinks that mother may plateau here. Of course no crystal ball or promises. She thinks mother aspirated something. They are to give her meds in applesauce for now also.

I have several errands to run later and that will be good for me. Dog meds to pick up, package to the UPS store and to pick up new stampin up catalog. Tomorrow late afternoon I have a dental appt, and we’d have a DAR meeting.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:50 pm

Home from city running some errands.

Visited DMIL in rehab. She continues to improve with the countdown at four days until she leaves there.

Shopped our "Buy This" list at Sam's. There were only 2 items on the list that couldn't be purchased there.

Before I left I put some lentils on to cook in Instant Pot. The house smelled wonderful when got back home.

I took the kids to eat lunch at the school with their friends. Two of DS10 friends are here now playing with him outside.

Next up -
** Bedroom dailies
** Bedroom weeklies
** DGD8 dailies
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:12 pm

I am back from ton saw dd at the store,
things I needed got unloaded and put away.
I have paint for inside shed, out side it stull in the bucket I need to figure out how to get it out.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:19 pm

Even more "Yi", Twins. Saw my cardiologist. They were very surprised to learn I'd had another heart attack while still in FL last month. "SUPPOSEDLY" all my records were sent to my Dr here. They found no records whatsoever so are trying to track down what was done while I was in the hospital there. BUT!!! that being said when the Dr talked with me he said that when he did the heart cath here in October, 2018 that HE put new stents in the old stents that were put in in FL hospital January, 2017. Said they were beginning to narrow at that point. So does this now mean that I have 3 stents in each of those 2 spots? I'm finding that all hard to believe. Hopefully if he gets my records (soon I hope) that they'll tell a clearer picture of what was happening. According to FL hospital they put a different manufacturer in than my original ones -but perhaps they knew not that Dr here had replaced those with the same manufacturer that they just put in last month. Even so, seems like the narrowing process was awful soon after they put those in. Is this all clear as mud -that's about how clear it is to me. I have to go back on Friday for an echo cardiogram and then again July 16th for treadmill stress test. I'm already freaking out about having to get on the treadmill. Then Dr will set up cardiac rehab for me after they have a 'base line'. Meantime I'll just keep on a walkin'.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:20 pm

Waiting for my car oil change.

Had a good time with dgd. She's 5 months old now and interesting. She also recognizes me and gets all excited when she sees me. We played, I sang for a bit (she loves singing) and then we went for a walk and she fell asleep.

After dd took her back I did some research on car options.

Then I took my car for the oil change. Checked Toyota and they don't support Android Auto so that eliminates all Toyota and Lexus cars.

Did my return at Costco (across the parking lot) and did a turn around the store for my afternoon snack.

Just got the call the car is ready so away I go. Three or more errands await.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:23 pm

When dh came home at lunch, we were discussing dental visit tomorrow. Because he missed last week's second half of the cleaning, this week is just a cleaning and the actual "surgical" stuff will be "sometime in the future". which could be Wednesday or next month. Sheesh!

Supper tonight will be 2 burritos that dh took out of freezer at lunch time, a few Jamaican patties each, Jamaican rice for dh, maybe some minute rice for me... told dh it will be like a buffet. We also have some left over fried chicken from Kentucky made by the Colonel. ;) Should be an interesting meal.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:02 pm

I have painted the west wall outside on the potting shed.
Taking a breather before I pick up & put away blocks, sawhorses, etc away.
Hydrating now.
Checked my bs it was acceptable.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:16 pm

((((Dee)))) I hope & pray the medical teams to quickly get your and DH health challenges dialed into just the right meds and treatments.

Making progress. I've had a couple of sidetracking detours.

We now have a new compressor on the septic system.

Another elder wife stopped by to get a check from DH to pay for Father's Days items to be given out in church. This lady and I have never "clicked". We have never had any problems but we have a lets-get-things-done relationship instead of friendship. ANYway, I always feel uncomfortable when she is in our home. She apparently feels comfortable because she makes herself at home and goes to different parts of the house without an invite. #Whatever

DS10 now has 5 friends here playing. I look at the full glass storm door that I had shiny clean this morning. Now it has multiple fingerprints and smudges. I wonder why I bother cleaning it daily. But then I remember how it brings me joy to look at it for that few minutes that it is shiny clean/clear.

Next Up -
** sheets out of the washer, into the dryer and then onto the bed.
** DS10 dailies checked for completion
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:17 pm

Waving to y’all...

Thinking of you twins. Been through what you’re doing three time already so I understand your thinking. My mom is 91.5 years old and I know her time is coming even though she’s in pretty good health.

LadyM... Sweetie and I just started watching Outlanders this weekend and are already on Season 2. I had a migraine yesterday so we spent the majority of the day viewing it.

I read the first book and loved it, but never could get into the second one. Go figure!

My house is in good shape. All laundry done and put away. I did a major grocery run this morning due to my migraine yesterday. Had my first pickle ball lesson on Friday and loved it. Next one is tomorrow night.

Dee hope your medical records show up.. such a hassle sometimes.

The heat is on!!! High today 108* with tomorrow at 110* and Wednesday 112*.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:19 pm

Rosie : too hot for me!

I've finished my returns. Without enough protein in my snacks today, or enough snacks for that matter, I chose an early dinner at Ikea. Now I will pick up some artificial flowers for the balcony and head home.

Return to “Post When You Can”