Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Tuesday PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:10 am

My back is out so I'm not feeling creative.

Here we go, a new day! Make of it what you can.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Tuesday PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:17 am

I woke up at 5:15 and never went back to sleep. Got up about 6:45 after trying to sleep until 6, then listening to the radio.

I missed a delivery to the apartment by UPS yesterday. I hate that you get one chance and then they send it to a convenience store for pickup. The issue is that isn't convenient. There isn't any parking so I have to walk. I know this is likely just an accessory so I'll be able to carry it home. I've made arrangements with the UPS guy if it is my new computer to not leave it at the store but to hold it at the depot and deliver after I call to say I'm home.

I got word yesterday the computer has been shipped so it will arrive before I leave. At least it should. The parcel that came yesterday was shipped on June 4. I'll have to look and see if I have a tracking code for the computer. I didn't care if yesterday's thing came fast because I didn't need it until I got the computer. Now I care and I can't walk for that parcel until my computer arrives.

My back is very sore so I'm not functioning well this morning.

It is also very windy here so I'm struggling with that. I closed the bedroom window because of the wind howling (I couldn't hear the radio) and yet when I got to the opposite side of the apartment, the wind had made a mess there. Plaster droppings to be vacuumed up. At least I didn't vacuum yesterday!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:51 am

Very windy here too, Kathryn. Hope the wind doesn't make more of a mess for you. Dh was going to fertilize some lawns this morning and even over 1/2" of rain last night -it's too dry to fertilize. Seems it's either too wet or too dry.

I spent a lot of awake time during the night trying to make sense out of everything the cardiologist told me yesterday. Wavering between determination and despair. I'll get there, just taking me some time. I'm just having a hard time believing I have 3 stents (one inside another) in 2 spots. But as I pondered it, that's the only thing that makes sense. Then I would keep wondering how can I do anything to make it different if it wasn't my doing.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:09 am

d kathryn i hope your back starts behaving and feels better fast!

d dee - I am praying!!! praying for peace, praying for health, praying for your doctors to do the good for you.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:29 am

I have to start on my dailies/morning routine
I am so far behind but I will have to remember P.I.E.

I am going to aunts house to power wash her outside furniture.
I have to stop over eating - I have had horrible nerves - so not like me to be constantly on edge.
So trying to breath in, do my routine (even though i want to work outside before I head out).

have a lovely day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:33 am

I am up got up early with dh and the dog. Bs was liw. I need to get laundry & crockpot going before
I get to painting on the inside of my she shed.
H got the trash out to the curb.
Washer twins are going.
Got some pics. In the garden.
91* is our forecast hi today.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:34 am

I haven't CUOP-ed but will do so soon. Long day yesterday, dmom is staying at assisted living (lots of pluses - they love on her, it's known to her, no moving stress) and they got in a hospital bed, oxygen and a nebulizer for her yesterday. Long day, because delays in getting equipment there and she sat up in a wheelchair several hours sleeping after "they" said delivery was imminent (durable medical goods co, not hospice.) So very frustrating and I didn't get home - after picking up dog meds until 6:45. Then dh and I went out to eat and had a nice dinner, walked the dog, and went to bed early.

More, be back later...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:44 am

Thinking about you a lot, Twins.

Trying to make sense out of my computer desk. Need to label envelopes for receipts right after I finally eat breakfast. Just finally took my morning meds. At least I have over 2,000 steps in. I AM DETERMINED TO DO ALL I CAN DO!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:46 am

From yesterday: Lucylee I don't know the status of the College World Series right now, but I recall that dh was watching it on Sunday as well! (Or was it Saturday? It's all run together for me.) He has always enjoyed watching it because he enjoyed so much being the rowdy fan when he himself was in college. That's one reason he'd like to move back to "Tally-town." (Shudder)

I need to get through a.m. routine and go see dmom. I have a dental appt at three and need to go pick up SU catalog before so won't be there all day, baring a downturn or issue with equipment.

Another phone call, I'm going to see the hospice social worker there today also.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:36 am

Hi!

I was up and out early. There was something on sale at Princess Auto that dh and I wanted. Flyer said limited quantities, so I made sure I was there when the door opened. By the time I got out of the truck and into the store, another man had also asked where this thing was, so the person helping me knew where it was in the store. "Auto" is not all that they sell. They have most of the stuff that can be found in Harbor Freight, but they also have odd stuff. They have a "surplus" section, which can be a treasure trove. Tiny fake rocks that you can hide a key in for your garden... that kind of stuff. Log splitters aren't auto, but they have them.

Dh is at the dentist right now.

Supper tonight will be spaghetti in a plain red sauce. No meat or anything he has to really chew on other than the pasta.

I have run the dishwasher. Bed hasn't been made yet.

Sky is blue and it's very windy here. When I was in the truck, it was warm, but out of the truck, it was chilly enough for me to have a jacket on. I have switched vehicles with dh, so now I have the car at home with me.

No basement here. Dh and I didn't want a basement, so this house truly had everything we both wanted in a house. Now that most major repairs have been done or finished, it looks good. I am still waiting for the 2 new doors in the hallway, but I can live with how it looks for now. Anything is better than what I walked in to on the first day.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”