Watcha doin' Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Watcha doin' Wednesday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:20 am

Watcha Doin'

Is it anti-procrastination day?

Is it time with family?

What do you need?

Tell us all about your day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: Watcha doin' Wednesday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:28 am

I have been out of the house the last couple days and I am hoping, since it is supposed to pour all day in the Chicago area, to do put away and anti-procrastination tasks.

Yesterday d mom came with me to my aunts house. We had a lovely time! My d aunt and my d mom were friends when they were younger (my uncle is my dads brother but my aunt and uncle divorced a really long time ago as he wasn't happy and found my new d aunt who is a better match - but he and his first wife (my aunt still) are best of friends still and his new wife (of now 40 years) is lovely and friends with his first wife. (how rare is that). I power washed the outside furniture. the furniture needs painting so dh will touch it up maybe next week. The patio needs sweeping and cleaning as well. I think we need to do that next week.

My d mom, my d aunt and I went out to lunch as well and I did errands. (fun was had by all).

I have been up since 5:30 and need to get my bahookey in gear.
wishing you all an awesome day. :D :D :D

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:51 am

I'm up. Bed made. Bedrooms dusted (I was listening to the news so not ready to leave the room.)

Had tea and chocolate out on the balcony. Took the phone with me so I could chat with dh during his daily call.

I've answered a long question on reddit and am now finding my hip/back is sore so it is time to put out the kneeling chair, stand up and perhaps s2s and then have breakfast.

I have another open day so will do bathroom items, cleaning supplies (since a good portion are stored in the broom closet in the guest bathroom) and, if I'm focused today, the toys and front hall miscellaneous drawer.

That leaves, bike stuff and entertainment (movies/cds) to be done, hopefully on Friday and then when I get back from the cottage I'll have a week to work on sentimental items.

Tomorrow, I'm out of the house for at least half the day. That will be when I buy any food I need for the trip. Dsil is going to do all the supper cooking (except for 2 nights out) during the trip.

Saturday I have to move things for my refugee family (so really need to get my back working properly so I can load the car without having to ask for help) and pick up cottage stuff from dd's (their Nissan Micra is barely large enough for themselves, and the food they are bringing, let alone suitcases, high chair, travel cribs, toys.) I just hope there will be room for my things (my pile is getting large because I'll be bringing food too, so two coolers, plus clothes and games and baby things from my house.) I love my Prius V but it isn't a big car, it is just perfect for dh and I when we travel.

So it is a busy week, I need to get moving.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:16 am

waving hello to you d kathryn!!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:25 am

I just finished CUOPing from yesterday. I'm feeling bleary eyed this morning - last night I realized I might have caught a cold, and this morning it moved into full blown status. I've messaged hospice nurse and assisted living people to let them know I won't be there, barring an emergency. They do have face masks but mother doesn't know me with a face mask and I'd rather not bring germs in there at all. I emailed re DAR meeting that I can't make it and that I must take care of me today.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:30 am

Where is the cottage, Kathryn?

I've been up for quite a while but am feeling fairly lazy this morning. Going to force myself to walk out that door and off the deck very soon. Was over 11,000 steps yesterday & today I'm still at less than 500. Lot of catching up to do. But I am so determined in my spirit -now if I can only get my body to go along with it.

DD's coming by shortly for my post office box key so maybe I'll walk that way. I should make a trip to the grocery store -maybe tomorrow. ;)

The sky is blue but it's still pretty cool outside and breezy. Maybe I'll get the check written toward our sign at our FL church & a note to our friend. Then I'll give them to dd to mail for me. Off I go to at least get that task done.

Do take care of YOU, Twins. I've had this cold for 2 weeks now but it's rather on the 'down side' I think. For one day it started to go to my chest & I just said, "Hold on there!" So now my head is still just full.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:06 am

I just realized I didn't post yesterday. I stopped by several times and CUOP but then was drawn away by something before posting.

Yesterday was Microsoft monthly Update Tuesday. I had several updates to install and still have a couple of updates from Intel in the queue. I'll try to get them installed today.

Next up = Dailies
** Personal AM
** Front Porch
** Drinks & food prep
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:15 am

Dee: https://www.haylakelodge.com/ I've booked cabin 5.

I can hear birds here all the time but the traffic noise is also constant. I'm looking forward to just the sound of birds with my morning tea next week! (Yesterday because I had the windows shut due to the wind, I also had a bit of a break from the traffic noise. Closed windows hush it to a manageable level but I like the fresh air so keep opening the windows.)

I need to get moving now. I have s2s, tried on the jeggings I bought the other day to make sure they fit the same as the white ones (they do) and tidied up my bedroom by putting away the dry laundry. Then I had breakfast. Then I sputtered to a stop.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:32 am

Slow start today for me. A bit of a break.
I need t o wash sheets downstairs. Been putting it off.
Some dailies, walk dog, then paint trim work on lower part of the shed is first up on the painting project.
I have painted touch up areas on main bart of shed.
Time to put sheets in the dryer. [My anti P. Task ]
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:42 am

what a cool cabin d kathryn- beautiful lake!!!!
I understand about getting a break from the noise. we lived for a couple of years in farm country on 10 acres of woods. I loved the peace and quiet and once in a while trackers. but night time was magnificent. I still haven't adjusted to the noise even though we are near the marsh. we have been in this house for 20 years.

hello d lady! cheering you on through your dailies as well

hello d dee! yay on your steps yesterday!!!

hello d twins! hoping the cold is just a one day deal and that you feel better soon! you a wonderful dd!

hello d nancy! happy day to you as well!

Return to “Post When You Can”