Watcha doin' Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Watcha doin' Wednesday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:48 am

I worked outside for quite awhile. I finished the one section I had started last week - wood chips on as well.
I have a sandhill crane out in front so I have to wait a bit to go outside to work. The red winged black birds are going crazy and pecking at the crane. We never had red winged black birds here and now they have taken over our bird feeder - letting all other birds know it is theirs. such stinkers.

The sandhill crane keeps coming near me so I think I will have an early lunch and then go out front before the rain comes. I might get pecked lol! 8-)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:37 pm

Blessed - BWTG on your accomplishments! Yikes to Sandhill cranes!

Those 3 daily groups accomplished. Also did a few extra things. One of them was brushing DGD8 hair and putting it in french braid. It is a time consuming and sometimes painful process to get all the knots out of her fine hair but she remains adamant about leaving her hair long.

Next up -
** take kids to eat lunch with friends at school
** Swim pool dailies
** Kitchen dailies
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:14 pm

Hi everyone! I know what I will do for anti-procrastination day, clean my house. It is so bad, I am annoyed with it. And I am not exactly Martha Stewart! Every room needs attention, even the hall and laundry rooms. Even closets! You name it, it's awful. I also must drop animal org stuff at storage. I may have to eat out because I had a visual disturbance part of a migraine. I may not may not get a headache, but it is best to take precautions by eating a lot. I am still having trouble typing from it, but recovering.

I was able to save myself some trouble by picking up a foster cat myself instead of having the coordinator do it. Saved coordinator some aggravation too, so win win. Cats are not happy with me because medical circumstances are dictating that no one gets to sleep where they want.

I did get the bills and budget done, but forgot one bill. It is not due yet, so it is easily taken care of. It took a long time to deal with all the feline medical stuff.

We got an interesting letter from a vegan organization for the animal org. They want us all to help institute vegan workplace policies and ensure volunteers are also vegans. (1) What employees eat is not an employer's business. (Unless of course they are paying for the food). (2) We have so many volunteers we can afford to lose most of them? (3) What are we supposed to do with all our cats? They are obligate carnivores.

At payroll, I need to get a new report done.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:01 pm

Elizabeth - WOW about the radical vegan campaign effort.

I've accomplished those 3 things. After eating lunch both kids played on the playground with friends for about 30 minutes. Then DS10 walked home (about a mile). I took DGD8 to Good Book Club meeting. I was going to stay with her but it was very well staffed (1 adult per child) so I decided to come home and eat lunch then I'll return to get her.

Next up -
** Living room dailies
** Bathroom dailies
** Check DS10 effort on completing his Daily cards
1. Know what you want.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:04 pm

I would love to go vegetarian but I can't do vegan. I lost track of going completely vegetarian when I started major decluttering but that was just an excuse to be lazy cooking. pescatarian is more my thing - and I feel guilty about it. I don't think the agency should tell people what to do.

d elizabeth, hello, those optical migraines interrupt the day!!! praying you don't have it the rest of the day, week and years!!!! (no painful ones either).
yay on getting your bills done!

hello d lady! yay on your 3 daily groups done! hope you have a lovely lunch!

after lunch I went out front and when I was sprinkling fertilizer on the small flower bed in front the crane thought it was feeding time. Someone has been hand feeding them, (not good). I will write our local nature people and tell them and hopefully they will put a note in our local flyer to not hand feed the wild animals.

I was able to finish mulching and the crane just pecked at the grass 5' away from me. No healthy fear of people in a wild animal is not good a good thing.

Bird feeders are not the problem bc they had a healthy wariness about them; but this year there is a want to be hand fed. why do people do that?!

i would love to continue working outside but its drizzling and thundering.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:20 pm

Elizabeth: Closets always need attention. I have hardwood floors, no pets and cleaned out my main clothes closet when I put in the small shelves and bins back in Feb. When I pulled out all my clothes last week to properly Konmari, the bins on the floor came out with dust bunnies attached. That's only 3 months. They should not have got that dusty, that fast but they do.

I loved having carpeted closet floors; You couldn't see the dust as easily.

I finished Konmari on the toiletries. I left the things in the linen closet since I did those a last week. I did redo the guest bathroom (which I did almost all of when I did travel supplies because I put the guest toothbrushes in there) as well as my bathroom. I did not touch dh's because I've agreed not to touch his stuff. He keeps his bathroom very clean so it isn't as if I have a reason to go in there and shovel it out. He knows where I keep extra toiletries or asks if he can't find something.

Unfortunately, in the last year he wanted a comb and ended up buying one because I thought I had some extras but couldn't find them. I did, and found them today.

Very little got tossed out. Some very old shampoo left by a guest was used to clean the toilets as I disposed of it. I'll put out hair volumizer and a gel of some sort on the giveaway shelf because I've discovered I'm not the sort of person who uses product (I'm ignoring the $21 price tag on the volume stuff.)

I've taken two 2 oz bottles from a nice hotel we stayed at and refilled them with shampoo and conditioner for the guest bathroom. And there's hotel lotions, mouth wash, shower caps and other travel odds and ends in a pretty basket in there. I have two winter decorations in that room and I pulled them out from under the sink and put them in the cabinet, so when you open it, it looks pretty. There's also a hair dryer in there.

With the decorations gone from under the sink, there's more room for dgs' potty chair which is stored under the sink along with the potty seat, pull-ups, diapers, bath toys, baby shampoo, and wipes. I long ago moved in a stool which resides under the garbage can. My grandkids are taking over my tiny guest bathroom!

My own bathroom storage isn't magically any emptier but I at least know what I have and where it is.

I used Goo-gone to get rid of more of the adhesive off bottles. I've been buying interesting shaped bottles and peeling off the labels to 'quiet' them in the shower. Without the advertising designed to catch my eye when in the store, the bottles seem more peaceful, making my showers more peaceful.

I try and switch between brands using one set of shampoo and conditioner for a month and then switching so my hair doesn't get used to the product. At present I have 3 sets of shampoo and conditioner, plus what is in the shower now. Normally I only have one set in cupboard, one set in the shower but I think with the "quiet" bottles, that means I'll always have 3 of each in the cupboard. We'll see how that works out and if I can reduce what I'm storing. I just know I'm not going back to having labels on the bottles.

I've cleaned the bedroom back up (that's where I was sorting stuff) and had a snack.

Now to move on and get the cleaning supplies done.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:26 pm

Hi! Very nice looking day here as long as you don't look at the trees blowing in the wind. It's not a bit of a breeze, it's a serious wind!

Went to the local knitting group this morning. Came home and sat outside in the sunshine for a bit. Came in and sat in my recliner and read for a couple of hours and most of it was guilt free. Dishes were all done after supper last night. Clean ones were put away while I waited for the water to come to a boil this morning. Bed was made before 7 a.m. and the cat was curled up between the pillows before 9 a.m. On the days that I make the bed, that is where she has her long sleep. On the days that I don't make the bed she walks around and around the house meowing at me. I guess she wants me to make the bed so she can curl up and get to sleep.

Tonight we are having potatoes wrapped in foil on the BBQ and BBQed pork chops. Don't know about veggies.

Kathryn my first husband's family spent a LOT of time in Lake St. Peter and Mink lake in the 50's/60's/70's/80's and early 90's. His grandmother bought a very tiny cottage right in the narrowest part of Mink Lake and Lake St. Peter had the only general store, which was an hour's slow drive along a very winding road through the bush. (Maynooth had the closest bar.) The grandmother used to live and work in Hamilton until she moved to Bancroft to be closer to the cottage. Snow was always expected when we went up for every Thanksgiving and every Easter. Have a great time!!
Last edited by CathyS on Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:27 pm

Kathryn - I'm fascinated with your Konmari progress. It's something that I dream of doing someday.

Home from getting DGD8 from her book club. I asked her to rate the meeting 1 to 10. (1 being the worst). DGD8 gave it a rating of 1000. :)

DH has left to go pick up prescription then visit his DMom in rehab facility. We have been to see her everyday this week. She has 2 more days of therapy on the schedule. The decision to where DMIL will go on Friday hasn't been finalized as they continue to work with her recovering from the stroke. DMIL goal is to return to her home.

Next up -
** Check DGD8 dailies for completion
** Enroll DS10 and DGD8 in vacation bible school online
** Scrub potatoes and put on to steam in Instant Pot
1. Know what you want.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:35 pm

I am feeling a lot better and wondering if allergy and not cold. Pardon TMI but I had a big hunk of mucus drop down in the back of my mouth (ugh) and my ears are less clogged and I feel better. I did take a good long nap - I must have needed it - but it was interrupted by assisted living resident dir calling with update that mother had been in wheelchair for a while and drank one of their little "nutritional shakes" and had some water. When the phone went off I was in such a deep sleep I couldn't identify the sound. I'm giving myself the gift of the rest of today, tho, to take it easy.

I can deal with supper without a trip to grocery. I had thawed chicken so I'll grill it and bake a sweet potato and add spinach salad.

I am going to nap a little more maybe, then hopefully get productive. I'm feeling some energy creeping back.

I got and responded to a nice email yesterday (about taking care of myself too) from a first cousin that I've recently connected with. He's older than I am and lived far away when I was growing up so I barely remember him then. His father died four years ago and that was the first contact with him ever as an adult, I think. He just sent back an email challenging me on what I am going to do to keep myself healthy. (His father was my mother's brother, he lived to be 97.) Need to think and respond, he is quite thoughtful and perceptive.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:23 pm

challenging me on what I am going to do to keep myself healthy.

What a thoughtful challenge to consider. I recently watched a video about what centenarians have in common. My goal isn't to live the longest but to have health & joy during the time I do live. How to best achieve that goal doesn't seem to be just physical related but is multifaceted.

Those 3 items accomplished.

Plus I supervised DS10 replacing a couple of light bulbs in his bedroom and bathroom. I applaud his desire to do things himself, but a 10-year-old on a ladder messing with electricity shouldn't be unsupervised (IMHO).

Now DS10 has the box containing various types of tape & glue and is attempting to repair the tires on his RC car. IMHO this method is not going to work but he is certain that it will. Sometimes a person just has to learn the hard way.

Next up -
** Take the kids swimming
** Water container garden
** Spray neem & oregano oil on plants in an attempt to win the battle against aphids.
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”