"I see you, I will have a plan for you" Thursday pwyc blow it away in a bubble until you have a plan for it!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: "I see you, I will have a plan for you" Thursday pwyc blow it away in a bubble until you have a plan for it!

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:03 pm

I was gone all morning at d mom's but I did get things accomplished!

it was 52 this am. dh is cold and it is 67 in the house and 70 outside.
he wants all the windows closed but I convinced him to open the front door.

there is beautiful sunshine - miracles of miracles.

Stopped over at d moms. I rebooted her system and she is now on internet again. I also got her a dentist appointment which is one hour + away.
I also convinced her that she can take the fitness class and that i would come. so fingers crossed.

dh is using the washing machine so I might go outside and use the power washer.
have a lovely afternoon
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: "I see you, I will have a plan for you" Thursday pwyc blow it away in a bubble until you have a plan for it!

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:04 pm

hello d lynn
hello d nancy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY D ELIZABETH!!!

hello d kathryn
hello d cathy
hello d twins
hello d harmony
hello d dee glad to see you are only doing one thing at a time!!! good for you!!!
hello d lucy
hello d lady
hello d harriet
hello d everyone

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:14 pm

timer on - lets go! 8-)

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:12 pm

dh is using the washing machine so I might go outside and use the power washer.
So, Blessed, is the power washer in place of being able to use the washing machine -this is how you 'wash' your clothes when the washing machine is in use? :lol: Picture Blessed outside doing her laundry with the pressure washer. At least it's not in a stream/river/lake?

Just talked with billing at the hospital. At first he told me there was zero balance due. Then he realized he was looking at my 2nd hospital stay from 5/16-5/17. So put me on hold to look deeper into my account. Indeed there is $82,000+ due on my bill for 5/11-5/14. BUT that being said, they're waiting on hearing from Medicare. Since they obviously paid all the 2nd bill I'm sure this one will be too. And that's what happened 2 1/2 years ago. So we both agreed I could quit worrying. So that's been blown away in the bubble. And, Lady M, the call was made from there earlier so I feel better about that too. Whew, she says while wiping her brow.

DD and I went to W mart. Lots of things I couldn't find on the shelves. Grrr…. Had to substitute some things. But miraculously they did have 3 or 4 cashiers. DD was talking about going to Wmart down there last fall -this was after they did away with so many cashiers. DD often would use the self checkout but they were told to use that as there were no cashiers -she told them, "I don't work here" and left their cart. Perhaps more of us should do that. I'd rather wait in line than do it myself putting someone out of work unfortunately. That being said, now I need to order some things online that I couldn't find.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:34 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Know that would be a sight d dee!!!! :lol:

oh my gosh $82k wow - praying your medicare and supplemental insurance pays for most of it!!! I am wiping my brow after reading that too!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:36 pm

took a short break - I had no idea how dirty the house and the cement deck is/are. I have done another section of fence and need to work on the garden in the section as well but not today.

d mom wants to have dinner - I don't want to but will go. I think I will just have soup.
ta ta for now.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:56 pm

Dee the same thing happened to me in W mart the other morning. Absolutely no cahiers, but there was someone at the self checkout assisting customers. I told the guy that "I don't work here." IF I hadn't been sent there by dh to get cat treats, I would have left the buggy with it's contents. More stores are doing this and I can't stand it.

Had a very restful afternoon in my recliner reading. It's joyful to stay home and just read without worrying about getting the dishes done. I think I will start setting the table for supper as soon as dh leaves for work after lunch. LOL!!

I have put out 2 matching placemats with one on the table and one on the island. I decided yesterday that if stuff doesn't fit on the placemat, it doesn't get space on that flat surface. Let's see how that works as soon as I get rid of all of last week's flyers. I really want a work-free home so I can spend more time reading this summer.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:15 pm

But Kathryn, [picture whiny voice] I can't take on another passion! I have genealogy and I have stamping, which I don't get enough time to do, and I'm saturated.

I hear what you're saying though. Trouble is, a lot of the stuff is dkids and dh's and that leaves me not sure what to do. Kids stuff I can give them a chance to pick up, then donate, but dh is like your dh who believes if there's room for another vacuum cleaner then what's the problem with keeping it? He doesn't think about the physical space things take up. (I found his old CPAP a while back and he put it back on the shelf in our closet - this is at least 15? years old? And he has a newer one also. But there's room on the shelf so what's the problem?) He sent links to dkids for clothes - there's a surprise. His closet is stuffed full, to the point that I sometimes surreptitiously let things go so I can what he does use away. (And he'll check the give away box in the garage sometimes, too. :lol: )

Cathy said:
I think cats and dogs can get away with it because they aren't humans and they don't have a nagging tone to their voice.
I think it's because we know they can't talk to express their needs, so we listen to them more. And they take advantage of that.

I called about an eye ck up and I can't do it until I come back from genealogy institute. They are out of town next week, then I'm away.

Dmom was good except for talking crazy after her nebulizer treatment. :shock: I wore a mask, I am coughing some. Probably could use some of her albuterol myself. :lol:

I need to get going again.
-two loads of laundry to fold, reboot load in washer over, start another
-put away rest of groceries
-start list for tomorrow

DH is home already. I have trouble working once he's home but going to try to keep rolling.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:44 pm

Meeting about bringing DMIL home tomorrow went smoothly. There were 10 people attending the meeting - DMIL, the rehab facility caseworker, 3 therapists that have been working with DMIL, the nurse in charge of DMIL, DH and his 2 siblings and myself. After the caseworker told the overall situation each of the therapists gave their detailed report of DMIL progress and status. The nurse also gave a report on progress. Then they asked for questions. I was the only one that took notes and the only one asking questions. I asked about 1/2 dozen questions and looked at DBroIL and DSisIL for their acceptance of the answer given. ANYway, a plan is now made for who, what, when and where.

DD invited DS10 to stay at her house tonight and he accepted. That meant DH and I are without ANY CHILDREN for the whole evening & night. This almost never happens. Maybe once a year. DH and I looked at each other in shock and asked each other what we wanted to do with our freedom. I listed off several activities that couples do together (eat out, go to a movie, etc) and asked DH if he had any interest in doing them. We made the mutual decision that none of them interested us. We decided we wanted to come home and do whatever we want. We came home and got into our recliners, put our feet up for almost 10 minutes before a car pulled into our driveway. Ugh.

DH DAunt has been here talking non-stop for over an hour. I just want to SCREAM this is our precious time alone!! Please go away and come back when we are in normal mode.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:01 pm

LadyM: I'd be screaming too. And I'm not southern so it wouldn't be in my head, it would be aloud!

I did toys and bike stuff. There's a pile of bike stuff that I don't know what it is so I kept it because dh will know. I'm seriously thinking I don't need a 24" inner tube since my bike has 26" wheels, though.

The toys were really quick. Apparently, I've been culling as I go. So instead I rearranged things. I have set of 3 decorative boxes that stack against a pillar and have a teddy bear and my Winnie the Pooh book on top. The top box had my microwave heat-up bean bags for sore muscles. The second box has cars and truck, the bottom one has Duplo. The top box weighs a ton so dgs can't get to his toys.

Today I moved...

The light timers and the outlet splitters from the a drawer in the kitchen to an empty desk drawer in the office. The rest of our electrical stuff (power bars and extension cords) are in a bin in a cupboard in the office so this is logical placement.

I moved the bean bags to the kitchen drawer. This is next to the microwave so that is logical.

I moved coloured pencils and drawing papers into the top bin. That makes it light so dgs can move it or get out the drawing stuff himself. Although, at the moment it is a bit empty because I then packed the stickers, pencils and paper for the trip. Along with the sand toys, a puzzle and some things for dgd.

I've had my dinner, washed up the dishes and am heading to the movie now. If there's time there are two stores I'll be picking up things from at the mall next to the theatre.

Return to “Post When You Can”