"I see you, I will have a plan for you" Thursday pwyc blow it away in a bubble until you have a plan for it!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: "I see you, I will have a plan for you" Thursday pwyc blow it away in a bubble until you have a plan for it!

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:27 am

Slowly I've done everything except to empty dishwasher, clear kitchen counters and make the bed. I need to hand the second load of line dry and start another load.

I'm going to work here at :15 before the hour to the BOTH, then go out to Tarjay, mother and groceries.

Happy Happy Birthday Elizabeth! ENJOY your day your way!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Re: "I see you, I will have a plan for you" Thursday pwyc blow it away in a bubble until you have a plan for it!

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:13 pm

Those 3 accomplished.

DH and I will be attending the monthly luncheon at our community center today. We will drop DS10 off at school to eat with his friends while we eat with ours.

We have a meeting with rehab facility this afternoon about bringing DMIL home tomorrow. I've sent a text to DD asking if DS10 can stay with her while we are in the meeting. DD hasn't responded ....yet

Next up = more dailies
** Swimming pool
** Kitchen
** Living room
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:18 pm

♫ ♫ HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELIZABETH! ♫ ♫

I get a kick out of reading how your pets have YOU trained...to make your bed...to get up...! :lol:

Usual things today. Desk chores after dailies and then laundry. All hanging up to dry now.

Dee, maybe the hospital didn't even turn it into insurance before sending you the bill? I know with ours we get papers from our insurance and with medicare which details what they were charged and what they approved and what they paid. Mine show what is patient's responsibility. The Medicare law is that if the patient doesn't sign a paper saying there could be charges to them, they're not allowed to charge you. Sure hope it works out well. What happened the first time you were in the hospital (last year)?

Interesting discussion about K Mari routine. I remember P&P years ago, the first book I read, saying to declutter 15 minutes / day. And I thought, oh that won't work. For me that would be annoying. I would be so focused on what I didn't do and left for another day of 15 minutes. I prefer to take a block of time and get a job or at least a great portion of that job done. Now that I have most of the house done, I'm just keeping my eyes open around here. Like the other day I did the 2 Rx / vitamin drawers. Different strokes for different folks, ya'know.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:29 pm

LOL, my dh keeps reminding me that I am the human, especially when I complain about the dog waking me up in the morning.

I went off on a genealogy tangent. Now will work for 45 then do errands.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:08 pm

Hi everyone and thanks for the birthday wishes. Originally I was supposed to have a board meeting tonight, but it is for major changes and several people could not make it. Since this is also the last day to see DD17 until next week (travel with the other family), I am glad to spend it with her instead. She has been coming over and reading recently while I do sewing. Not exciting, but companionable. Weekends are often have time at the amusement park.

Last night, I got the animal org stuff back to its storage unit, so my car can be ready for cat clinic Saturday. I lost time by eating Chinese food on the way home, but I wanted to prevent a migraine headache. The ocular migraine from yesterday lasted about 30 min, which is typical. Like most of the time it did not develop a headache. When I got home, I put all the tools away from the swamp cooler work and did other kitchen cleanup. Laundry was washed but not put away. Right now cat care is taking an inordinate amount of time. I paid the one forgotten but not overdue bill and did some cooking.

Tonight, I would like to eat out, but that is hampered by DD's celiac. I also want to rehang the closet door and whip the LR into shape. That will not likely be completely done tonight. Because DD is not here this weekend, I would like to work in her room. She won't mind because we have already gone over what stays and what goes.

I wish my cats would train me for things besides catering to them. I hated nagging from my x and my mom, but for some reason a cat can get away with it.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:41 pm

I think cats and dogs can get away with it because they aren't humans and they don't have a nagging tone to their voice. Why is it I can tune the cat out, but not certain humans.

Pouring rain here.

Happy birthday Elizabeth!!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:49 pm

Twins: you like digging through records to find links and threads of family.

If you were to Konmari, you would be digging through your possessions, discovering the memories, stories, and joys they have been a part of. It is about rediscovery of your history, as well as reminder of what brought you joy and what will continue to bring joy in terms of the life you envision for yourself. It is a fun exploration of oneself.

You are choosing what to keep (no limits, if you want to keep every style of jersey your team ever had because they all spark joy, the only requirement is you find a way to make sure you they spark joy regularly for you.) Rather than making your life fit a prescribed picture (for instance the capsule wardrobe, or minimalist living, or making everything in a room fit a certain style of design - country, mid-Century modern, Scandinavian), you get to discover your personal, joyful, style.

In the subreddit for Konmari, people are posting 'after' photos of things like 20 purses all displayed in their closet. That sort of thing causes me anxiety but for them, it sparks happiness. On the other hand, someone posted a picture of their tea things in the cupboard and it also sparked happiness for me, because that's something I identify with. But the first person has successfully Konmari'd as much as the second person. Someone else posted pictures of her tiny apartment and there was a comment that she could spray paint a few of the items so they'd be less gaudy. Yet those items were in her favourite colour. Looking over the photos again, you can see that colour in every room. I hate turquoise and yet this person was in love with her space now that a colour that sparks joy to her was visible everywhere she looked. Another artistic person chose a strange colour palette (that I would normally say I hated) but her artist's eye transformed the space to be both peaceful AND energizing.

That's why I love Konmari so much. It isn't so my home ends up all white, with few possessions and me dying my hair black and wearing skirts, sweaters and sitting on the floor all the time. Marie Kondo wants me to find the joy in my home/life, not search for joy by imitating her.

In her writings you can see the journey she has taken to understand that other people mostly don't find joy in the things in which she finds joy. Between the first and second book there seems to be a much greater understanding of human variations (or maybe the second book is less preachy.)

The TV shows give us a glimpse at what her philosophy can look like when applied in assorted North American times of life (small kids, newly cohabiting, empty nesting, making room for a child in one's life, relocating and downsizing, dealing with loss, dealing with clash of cultures within a relationship and how it makes one hang on to stuff.) The end result of the Konmari process in each one of the episodes looks different because each person or couple is finding their joy. If everyone was doing some sort of cookie-cutter process, then the final results would be closer to identical. Basically the only thing that is the same, is everyone has their clothes folded. But the what, how much, and where of the clothes are unique to the people.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:54 pm

I had a nice brunch with my childhood Best Friend. I think I should just drop the 'childhood' descriptor because I don't really have another BF at the moment. Aside from dh, that is.

I hit the dollar store for a nightlight for the cottage's bathroom. Helpful when going to the bathroom in the dark in a strange place!

I'm home now because I realized I can't run errands today, I need to be here working. I'm out again tomorrow to the same area so will run the errands then.

Tonight I'm going out to see Late Night. It is only on in the theatre tonight, this week. Hopefully, that will create buzz and it will have a good run in the weeks to come. Women inspired, written, produced and acted movies need to supported, that's why I'm making the effort to go by myself tonight. Dd can't come, neither can my BF. But the last time I went to a movie by myself that had Emma Thompson in it was Love Actually and that turned out to be a wonderful movie (and memory.) So off I go tonight.

I'm answer questions for the accountant today as well, so being home is better.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

I have a plan Thursday!

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:55 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELIZABETH!

I am mostly on track with my plan. I might be a day behind.
I have done most of my painting this morning. I am taking my 2nd [or third break].
It feels good to have this much progress accomplished.
I have one more side on shelves to paint but they need to dry first. I need to do the ceiling, and loft floor next maybe tomorrow.
I think h. Has convinced me to expand the shed.

I got the painting stuff picked up and put away.
I got the dishes done.
Made the bed.
Working at a few dailies.

I got the work station & step ladder set up for painting on the ceiling tomoirrow.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:57 pm

Definitely hoping it wasn't scamming, LadyM. I was trying to be careful. But mostly what I gave him were #'s for my health care insurance. I will be calling the billing office however. Although they called to 'set up a payment plan". And perhaps I was a little too rattled at first. At least I didn't give him medicare or SS# or any banking #'s. If it were true I'd tell them we planned to pay $10/month -that should take me way beyond my life expectancy. :D
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”