From Friday springs the weekend!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: From Friday springs the weekend!

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:39 am

I still hold the weekend as different. Not the break at the end of the work week, but time with dh and usually social obligations. Honestly, a lot of weeks I'd rather not have a weekend!

Dcleaning lady is doing her magic and I'm piddling around with genealogy.

I need to light a fire under my bottom and get moving!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

MadHouseWitch

Postby MadHouseWitch » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:15 pm

part of our weekend here starts on Friday as DH has Fridays off, so it has become our errand day, even if I go alone on some. Because we are down to one car for now, both vans had some major engine trouble. The older one is not really worth fixing and the new one we need funds to rebuild, that is the hope/plans for the next bonus. DD was driving one minivan, and (totally not her fault) but the timing belt slipped and caused engine failure. The other we had freaky 15 min worth of flooding and DH drove through a puddle and drowned the car..... The drowning victim is worth a fix, it is the newer car. SO, as such I don't really have a car most days of the week (sometimes I can take DD's if she is home, it isn't officially hers... but it is hers if that makes sense? She had school, and did choice to a different district, the bus worked for a time, until DH got a new job with different hours and location, so she really had to drive. Anyway when the van she'd been driving had its issue we were actually planning on getting another car so that one time it wasn't the catastrophe it generally is. But I still don't have MY car.

After the other van drown we joined the car payment club and got one on finance, I'm less than thrilled about it LOL but I like the car!
So DH and I are going out to do some errands, He wants to stop in and say "Hi" to some people he worked with before he took this latest promotion. DD13 wants an ear piercing shes been waiting for, and this way she can "show it off" the final day of school Monday, She ASKED when she was 11 so she's had a bit of a wait LOL.

next up:
dailies
errands
moving some things in the living room minor things but still requires hubby's help!
DD is doing some garden work, I'm not sure I'll help or not, most of her work might be while we are out IDK, then again she may come with so that is TBD
I'd like to get a bit more done in the bedroom but I won't be torn up of it doesn't happen

Dee, good luck with the Echo! they are not the most fun, but it could be worse, I had one recently to check on my repair (ASD repaired when I was 2 1/2 open heart surgery) but I got some nice PAC's, which are benign but unnerving a few months back so as a follow up they checked on things! I hope your results are also so fortunate!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:23 pm

Taking a moment to sit and have lunch.

The morning was very successful. The apartment my refugee is moving to is lovely. I'm so glad I got to see it.

The accountant meeting went well. Next was WM and now is Costco. A few items and gas and then home or to pick up a parcel being held for me. Depending on rain. I may walk instead of taking the car.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:33 pm

My paint work is done for today. I am happy with my color mix for the ceiling. Yea! We are dfinately going to expand the shed! H loves a projedpct as much as I do. :mrgreen: we like to work on things.

Went to two yard sales, got a shabby shiek effect painted in the accent color I like desk, chair, & footstool in antique cream color, that match already done! Also a teak book shelf. That is unloaded and in the shed and pics are up on fb now. I still need to paint the loft floor. Laundry is in the dryer. Eggs are in the IP [instant pot] to devil later.

I am taking a bit of a break.
Eggs are p eeled and cooling.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:10 pm

Nancy - POTB for your hard work and vision for repurposing the shed! BWTG!

Those 3 accomplished. I served hot dogs with homemade chili for lunch. Quick n easy. Most definitely a kid pleaser.

DMIL has her last day of in house therapy this morning. She does 3 hours and it totally exhaust her. We are giving her time to take a nap before loading her up for the trip home.

Next up -
** Swimming pool dailies
** Bathroom dailies
** Living room dailies
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:22 pm

Boy, I am having a real battle with Don Wanna today...
Tomorrow is another day.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:37 pm

Good morning! My weekend will be unusual: no DD17 this weekend, next weekend, or anytime in between. She is traveling with her other family. Last night, I learned that one of her teachers this year had all her students look at their first career choice and determine if it is possible to make a living there. (Veterinarian - she can). The teacher also called on them to choose an alternative if the first does not work out. DD's is financial planner, something that I didn't know existed when I was her age. But she has heard both parents talk about ours and has even been with us when she was very young. My second choice was accounting, so not too different. Until recently, I didn't know she had considered anything else. Her cousin appears to be heading toward theater, she should have the assignment. Always a good idea to know what you want to do and the costs/benefits of doing it. I did not at her age, but no one worried about the income of a child headed toward science who was not planning on teaching.

I had good intentions last night after DD left, but got another ocular migraine, so got very little done. At least I got the last LOL washed so my cat clinic t-shirt is ready. Tonight, I MUST get cat food. There are three items on my grocery list, but I only remember dishwashing powder. Since groceries are right next door to dance, I may pick that up anyway.

I got a convenient oil change discount in the mail, telling me that my deceased car is due. I'm sure it can be applied to the "new" one. That will probably be Saturday after clinic. Saturday, I must also consult with the knit/crochet group about my sweater sleeves. Or maybe I just need to spread it out flat tonight to figure it out. I want to take care of my tornado zone of a house too. I will miss DD, but can definitely use some catch up time.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:54 pm

Lucy 1
Don Wanna 0

20 minutes took care of all three bathrooms

Weekends don’t mean much anymore here except during football and basketball season at College Town. We do change our routines a little though — Saturday breakfast is usually H ardee’s, and of course Sunday is church and a lot of end-of-the-week chores — groceries, garbage, etc.
Friday afternoon routine has become a normal thing, riding around listening to “TrueGrass” — the classic bluegrass program on XM radio.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:17 pm

Thanks LM & others on your positive feedback and comments. I need to scrape the loft floor again [done] and mop the shed main floor or not bc it will be replaced.
I washed out the brush with the paint color I am done with ane one other [done].
87* today's hi temp. Is five degrees cooler than yesterday.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:46 pm

Back from the Dr's. Thanks MHW. My ultrasound was especially painful this time -only because of the position you have to put your left arm and it just doesn't want to go that way. Dh did go with me even though I told him he didn't have to. Glad he did as he did get to talk to the PA. She's quite concerned over the medicine changes and what's happening. He was supposed to go in on the 24th for an echo cardiogram but she moved it up to next week. Wants to see what his weight is doing and how is BP is. She will talk to the Dr. in the meantime but was really befuddled at the meds he's now taking. So I'm pretty sure there will be changes in the offing. I won't know the results of my echo for a bit. Seemed to take forever this time.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”