From Friday springs the weekend!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: From Friday springs the weekend!

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:03 pm

Days can change on a dime. Thankfully this change is concerning but nothing more than that.

Was leaving the Costco in Far Haven and ds called. He asked where I was (just about to get on the highway home, where are you? "Broken down on the 401 along the Seaway.") I told him to hang on until I could park the car and I'd call him back.

He has auto club and extended towing. That also includes towing a trailer. Which is useful since the car currently has the his trailer because he's on the way to a Spartan Race weekend outside Toronto. He managed to limp car to an exit and even get to the top of the exit so in fact he's broken down on a side road. Much safer than a freeway. He says the homeowner he's in front of is very nice so he felt he could leave the trailer there if necessary. That's my boy, chatting with everyone! I'm very proud of him.

Anyway, we determined he didn't need me (I had stopped driving there because I was 25 minutes closer there to him than I would be from home.) I also discovered the GF is coming to the cottage too! There's more than enough room for her, just food will be an issue. For instance, dd was planning PB&J sandwiches which, with the GF's life-threatening allergies, is no longer an option until they leave.

Thankfully, ds has three cars so they don't need a ride to the cottage, once he gets home he'll bring another vehicle instead.

I then proceeded home, stopping to pick up the parcel from the UPS drop-off place which is not convenient at all. I had to walk 3 blocks from a parking spot that wasn't technically legal.

Once home, I found an email asking to set up a meeting with the transit authority here to speak to residents. So I've been doing that.

Then dsil called asking if I had room for the double stroller. It is the only one with full bug protection and we'll need that for dgd. I thought she was being carried in the backpack but she isn't big enough (and there's no bug protection for her.) I'm bringing bug head coverings for me and dgs so in this one case, I don't believe dd is being overprotective. The concern is West Nile disease from mosquitoes.

So now the plan is for me to pack tonight, load up my car with what I'm bringing and/or placeholders for things like food and then go over to his place tomorrow morning. He'll load in the things they need me to bring and then we'll see if there's room for the stroller.

So, no Konmari for me this afternoon, I'm off to pack now.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:13 pm

Hi!

Dh came home for lunch and he's been home ever since. He took the afternoon off. We had lunch and he cut the grass and then we went and did a small grocery shopping. We stopped by the local re-usable construction materials type of store and got 8 bricks for $4 to put under the fire ring.

I put all of the new-to-us "Crown" bottles (used for preserving and jams) through the dishwasher. There were enough for 2 full loads. Every single bottle had a old rubber ring seal that had to be removed. Some were dried to the point of crumbling. As much as I like recycling, these couldn't be recycled or reused or donated. Now I have to wash all of the glass tops. We will use them as décor in the pantry, the hallway, the living room and the library. Maybe even the kitchen. Hmmm... I might put a small one in the bathroom.

Dh has an appointment for a hair cut tonight, so I am having supper at the food court at the mall. Greek food, most likely. They grill lamb chops so nicely.

Bed was made before 7 a.m., dishes are done and drying... who am I kidding, they need to be moved from the rack to where they belong.

It's extremely windy here but it is sunny.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:10 pm

It is extremely windy here too. Things are blowing around on the balcony. We get glimpses of sun but then the rain comes again.

The weather forecast keeps changing. This morning dh said we'd have great weather in another day. I pointed out that Wednesday afternoon they forecast no sun until next Tuesday yet, Thursday morning was sunny. I managed to avoid getting soaked in the "rain all day" day that was forecast for today (good since I had to unload the furniture from the car, plus walk several blocks to get my parcel.)

I just know its cold. Currently it is barely 60. And next week isn't supposed to be above 70 so beach activities will be limited.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:36 pm

dd younger is home.
brother and mom were up to the same old thing with relatives dd and relative - doing the wonderful wonderful and how smart she is. and that has a scholarship because she is going far. Then said that relative has an expensive paying job. (I refuse to get involved - relative quit her job and I will never get involved in this stuff again). dd younger said she can't believe the comparison after all the the things that happened. I am supposed to have a date with relative but I will stay away from any topic or wonderful wonderful. ----

I had a nice dinner out with dd and d kind of cranky mom. I feel so much better - I think i am making a good choice by not reacting or saying that relative quit her job. Staying clear of the topics will be excellent for me and dd younger just said "oh really" and no response (when brother and mom did this again). she said she found it funny but I am sure it bothers her still. dd is doing the right thing by not going into the path of this stuff.

why do they always go back to these ways - I just have to remember that I choose my path and my path is happier staying away from drama.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:00 pm

Painted the 1st coat on loft floor in the shed yea it is coming along.
H. Is on his way home now.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:06 pm

I cooked up the 3lbs of bacon and have most of it in the freezer for the cottage.

I took 10 slices and made a broccoli and bacon quiche.

The apartment smells really good at the moment!

While the quiche was cooking I washed up the dishes. I also washed out the cooler. I think I might bleach it down a bit.

Update after dinner: The quiche was very good. I really enjoyed my dinner. I had it as a lighter dinner since I had eaten a lunch today. Of course, between cooking up all the bacon and then the prepping and cook time for the quiche, I'm finishing my dinner rather late tonight.

Now to finish packing.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:36 pm

quiche sounds lovely d kathryn

yay on painting d nancy.

I began painting on the arbor but it will be put ahead again until it's dry.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:06 pm

There is a quiche of the day at the pub and each week I see it and quite often think I'd prefer quiche to fajitas but we always share fajitas. Tonight, I got my quiche for dinner.

I've done some packing but not enough. I'm off to bed, though, because I'm tired now.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:14 pm

Days can change on a dime.

Mine did too.

We got DMIL home and situated then DH and I headed to the city to get DMIL prescriptions filled. On the way there I called DMom to verified she received the items I ordered for her. DMom was in tears from pain when I called. So I had DH turn around and take me to DMom's house while he continued on to get things for his DMom.

Long story short....I ended up taking DMom to doctor office three times today and to the pharmacy three times. By the end of the day DMom had received a steroid shot, prescription for steroid pills, 2 types of prescription numbing gel, antibody eye drop prescription, 2 prescriptions for an antihistamine to help control the itching, plus a Class B pain medication. What da Day!

I drove DMom vehicle home tonight to eliminate the possibility of her driving while on powerful pain meds. I could have had DH come get me or had DNeice drive me home but I choose to drive DMom vehicle home. It was the easiest way to make sure DMom isn't driving right now. Hiding or taking her car keys would have infuriated her. Problem solved (temporarily).

DMIL will never drive again. Today DH and his siblings made the decision to sell DMIL car.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:52 pm

Checking in.
I had a wonderful lunch date with my good friend. We chatted and laughed for 2 hours! Then I went to the grocery store and filled the cart because I hadn't been shopping for a few weeks. I forgot to pick up mail at the post office but I can do that tomorrow on my way to work. I put away all of the groceries. Tried a new recipe for baked chicken with apricot sauce and it was so good and easy that I'll make it again. Did a little cleaning in the kitchen after supper but then switched to relaxing and reading.

Weekend priorities:
1) Catch up the accounting for the library volunteers group, for which I am bookkeeper.
2) Catch up the accounting for my sewing group, for which I am president. The group's treasurer has been sent to Spain for the rest of the summer to establish an office there for her employer. The more I get to know her, the more interesting her life appears to be. Anyway, since I have been treasurer in the past, I know the job and it honestly is easier to do it myself than to train a temp for 2 months.
3) Locate the supplies I will need for 3 or 4 sewing projects. I know that I have the specific fabrics that I need, and I thought I knew right where to put my hands on them. Nope. They grew legs and walked somewhere else. :roll:
4) Yard work if weather permits.

Return to “Post When You Can”