Saturday Why - pwyc

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Saturday Why - pwyc

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:19 am

I have so much chaos in my life, it's become normal. You become used to it. You have to just relax, calm down, take a deep breath and try to see how you can make things work rather than complain about how they're wrong.

Sometimes we get so used to the chaos in our lives and forget that we don't have to engage in the stress of it. (sometimes we don't have a choice but most of the time, I think, we expect way too much out of ourselves and at times get used to that energy.)

where are you in your day? not what you are doing; but, where are you yourself today - are you taking time for you to smell the roses or are you stuck in the rut of "I have to do this.. this... and this. (but do you really have to do everything - No!") Don't loose yourself to what is going on around you - you deserve so much better!

Why - What is your why in your life and can you centre yourself again to who you really are on the inside, (your own internal compass), instead of getting caught up in the noise.

It's a new day! A new weekend! a new way/a new beginning!

Step back and access your focus so that you can get off the roller coaster (at least for the weekend)! You can shine through the noise in life.

You are wonderful and deserve wonderful to come to you!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: Saturday Why - pwyc

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:27 am

after yesterday I needed to regroup my mind to what was important to me. I needed to stay off someone else's beliefs, games, and outward appearances.
I can not change other people (my new mantra) but I can change how I choose to engage or not to engage!

I have been up since 5:45 and sat and sat and sat. I watched Garden answers which took time but I enjoyed starting my morning this way.
Today will be a lovely party, I am sure, for my d niece! d mom knows I won't be home.

I need to stop by the:
bank
Barnes and Nobles
store for some strawberries, graham crackers and a piece of cheese cake - make a whole in the middle of the strawberry - fill with cheese cake and gently press cheese cake end in cracker crumbs.

I think I will do my dailies and put away. no yard work as I have to leave at 2
have lovely day

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:44 am

Blessed - Thank you for the start and the much-needed reminder. Don't engage with stress.

I slept well last night.

Today's focus is our Mothers.

DH will be staying with his DMom for most of the day. DSisIL stayed with DMIL last night. DMIL can't be left alone but DH and his siblings haven't settled who will stay with her when. Home health and the therapists coming to DMIL home will happen next week. Getting DMIL settled at her home is a work in progress.

I will be at the local pharmacy when they open this morning. That pharmacy was closed when I got DMom out of her last doctor visit yesterday so I called the doctor office and had them send the 4 prescriptions to next closest pharmacy about 25 miles away. We made that drive only to be told they didn't have one of the meds in stock (Ativan). So now I want to get that prescription filled at the local pharmacy this morning. I am hoping the Ativan will calm DMom. I could write a book about that subject.

Taking care of DS10 and DGD8 seems super simple compared to taking care of our DMom's.

Next up -
** Personal AM dailies
** Kitchen dailies
** Bathroom dailies
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:04 am

Getting DMIL settled at her home is a work in progress.
very true d lady!
praying for your family and d mil!

good morning d lady!!!

I am doing dailies along with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:06 am

dishes are on again. I didn't turn them on last night as the dw wasn't full enough.
dog/cat have been fed
counters, stove, sink clean
I would love to vacuum but the family is still asleep.
laundry flip flopped from last night

Next
litter and animal stuff outside
laundry routine
paper routine 1 "
continue the morning routine.
bathroom routine
car - I didn't do it yesterday
purse - I didn't do it yesterday
pool mmmmm

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:40 am

LadyM, you guys really have it with elder care right now; when it rains it pours. [how long can family support dmom/dmil in homes?]

I am hoping the Ativan will calm DMom. I could write a book about that subject.

Yes, I've been there also with the Ativan for dmom back when she was getting so wound up. They are giving it now at bedtime to help her get through the night too.

I was there for supper with her last night and she was just too exhausted to even care about eating. They had kept her sitting up hoping she would eat some supper and, while she ate some of what I fed to her and drank some juice, she just didn't care much. They keep assuring me that she's physically strong still - I see it when she grips something or when she's getting up or down and is holding on for dear life. But seeing how exhausted she was last night hit me hard.

I worked on a Father's day card for dh yesterday but didn't get anywhere. I need to go upstairs and produce something!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:01 am

I was up at 6:30 to take T-med and went back to bed. Dh had gone to races with DS-A & DGSs 19 & 6. Didn't get home till after 1am so he slept in.

I really blew diet and exercise yesterday -didn't even get 1,000 steps in and my BS this morning was quite high (for me). Back to the grind today for sure! I can't afford to fall off the wagon.

DD and I went back to the Christmas Tree shop last night so I could pick up some more melanine bowls. I'm using them as bowl cozies in the microwave to put our glass bowls in. I had bought 2 earlier & decided I really liked them. Had to look & look last night but finally found a small stack & bought 6 -2 more for here & 4 for FL. They work great & were $1 apiece. So very affordable. Then went to BJ's for gas -it's $2.79 everywhere here & was $2.55 there. Then went on to I H O P to use 2 certificates that expire 6/30 for 2 meals. I still wasn't thrilled with my meal & I'm usually not hard to please. Brought well over half home & ended up tossing it this morning. DD's OTOH was quite good.

It's still windy out here today. I want to try to walk in it though. Can't afford to be lazy.

I'm having a really tough time with constantly thinking about having to go for this stress test on July 16th. Not sure I'm going to be able to do it. I haven't been on a treadmill in 24 years and am still deathly afraid of them. (That's how my shoulder became so messed up -by falling off one while my hand was still hanging on). This saga will continue in another month.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:49 am

I was up in the nite with low bs [blood sugar]. Am in regroup mode today focusing on dailies my laundry got h. Current last night. Rebooted the dishwasher. Journol and planning done. H cooked in pie irons for our dinner.
Wahoo! Blood sug. Is accaptable number! :mrgreen:
I will do a round of sorting decluttering in the plant cage area now it is in the shade and the basement is too cold.
I will need a plan for dinner I can think on that while I sort stuff.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:09 am

I spent a block of time tidying up the kitchen this morning. I only had a few dishes last night (after washing up the quiche prep dishes) but they were large so my counter was full. Plus I forgot to wash up the baking sheets I used for the bacon (I cooked it in the oven on tin foil, so cooking and clean up was a breeze, just big things.)

Then I finished packing up the food (I hope) and loaded everything into the car (3 loads). Now I'm waiting for word that dsil is ready for me and I'll drive over and we'll try and load his stuff in too. My car is about 55% full. At least on the first level. We could start layering stuff, but if I can avoid that, I'd prefer that. I still have a lawn chair and travel crib to go in, both are optional so I'll wait until I see how bad things are going to be. Food and cooking stuff for 5 adults, and 1 child for 7 days takes up a lot of room. Not to mention clothes, toys, etc. etc.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:07 pm

You're leaving tomorrow then, Kathryn? Sounds and looks like a glorious trip -let it be so.

I've made goulash for lunch -was going to make it for dinner but dh is probably going to DGS6's races tonight -it's only about 4 miles from here. If the wind is right we usually can hear the larger sprint cars running. I usually don't go and definitely not when it's chilly/cold and windy. But dh can't bear to miss any of the kids races/games. DDIL-R posted a great picture of DS-R and dgs14 this morning. They were just leaving to go as "Father & Son" referees for Lacrosse in Canandaigua, NY. Didn't even know dgs had taken the referee test. I'm sure this will be really good bonding for them. DS is in large demand around the state for tournaments & such. Say nothing of the good pay he gleans. Going to have to print out that picture if I can figure out how -it's really good. And just when did our son get to be this handsome 'older' man? He should be 20 (& I think he thinks he is!)but he's 54. Ye gads! When did that happen?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”