Father's Day and Menfolk Memories Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Father's Day and Menfolk Memories Sunday

Postby lucylee » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:13 pm

Such a great start, Harriet!
Very appropriate for dh’s father’s day “gift. “
I gave him the rough draft of my collection of stories from his ddad’s life. He LOVED it. LOVED it!!! Spent 2 hrs telling me more to add to it, bc each incident reminded him of something else.

As I said before, Friday was my memory day for my ddad.
As y’all know, my relationship with my dad was s little more complicated. We butted heads sooo much, and he was so critical and had such high expectations of me. He and dh’s mom were so alike. Dh said last night, “I know my mother loved me every bit as much as my daddy, but he just let me be myself and... she was just so controlling and... smothering.”
I said, “Like I am with ds?”
Dh assured me no, that I do NOT go over and replace ds’s curtains without asking... or hard-prune the shrubs... or inspect the pantry...
sheesh. Yep, THAT was dmil’s style. (Ddad didn’t do those things, either, thank goodness!!!)

Anyway. We went to church and stayed for going-away brunch for preacher, came home and did the normal Sunday stuff. Ds called to wish Dh a happy Father’s Day. Said he would call back after their show tonight and AU baseball game.

(((Cathy and dh))) Just heartbreaking to see what horrible times you and your Dh survived, but so happy for the beautiful life you have made for yourselves.

Thinking of all who are in poor health or just puny, as Nancy said, and all those who are doing the caregiver role. (((Twins))) (((LadyM))) especially in my prayers.
Also giving thanks that Mr. Dee's doctor acted quickly!

I’m working on my BWP and trying to focus on making it s habit to HAVE a plan and follow it, as much as possible. If I knew that Monday was WHB day and just ACTED on it, I wouldn’t sit around thinking “What do I want to do today?” — right? That’s the idea. I kinda have the s2s 1st thing habit down, except for Saturdays, but I still have a HUGE problem with inertia after I’m dressed.
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:47 pm

DH spent all afternoon/evening with his DMom. He will return early in the morning to take his DMom to a doctor appointment.

When DH arrived home I asked if he would team up with me to deliver DMom's vehicle to her home. I heard through the family grapevine that DMom was saying some comments about me stealing her car. :shock: *sigh* I don't even bother responding to those comments. ANYway, the vehicle is back at DMom's home. Hopefully, she won't drive it while taking pain meds.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:10 pm

Father's Day is 1st Sunday in September here.
My Menfolk memories are invoked by my left temple family male pattern receding hairline that asks to be owned or covered. Among other things.

DD is having her spinal spur surgery shortly, so praying there that all goes as well as it possibly can.
I rang her dh this morning to send my love etc. She was unable to sit to wait, and had been allowed a bed.

home briefly from yoga.
lunch happened.
I'm otd again in a couple of minutes to a group.

I was fine earlier but fatigue is upon me.
Onward regardless.
poof
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:18 pm

dh had a lovely day! He said he really enjoyed it.
Mom came over for dinner and she had a good time too!
(I am surprised that she wanted to eat here bc she never used to; but she enjoyed it)
we played games and watched old videos.

d lady - you can't respond as it would send her deeper into her momentum
I hope she is not driving anymore. You can remove a part so that it doesn't start.
(((d lady))) I understand it!
the sweetest gift - your dgd giving your dh the fathers day gift.

hello d harriet
hello d cathy
hello d lucy
hello d dee
hello d everyone

d lynlee I am praying for your dd! sending you energy for your day!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:19 pm

(((LadyM)))

I hope dmom doesn’t feel ds has stolen her truck. She occasionally makes comments.
If y’all remember, dmom finally consented to trade trucks with ds, bc ddad’s crew cab Silverado was much needed by ds and too much truck for dmom’s needs.
Apparently dmom didn’t need ANY truck, however, bc several times when ds/ddil or ourselves needed to borrow hers bc we had one in the shop, or ds needed the covered bed he had traded to her — oops — we'd find hers with a dead battery. Every time.
So ds just decided to keep hers too, and he drives it at least weekly, and uses it occasionally when he needs the covered bed.
Dmom acts like she wants a truck... but she never drives it when she has it.

Lynlee, I hope your dd’s surgery goes well and she feels lots better soon!
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:21 pm

Note — we all tell dmom ds will return it whenever she needs it, and I have a key to it also, if he happens to be gone when she calls!
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:27 pm

Meant to say to Madhouse that I, too plug the weekly Focus cleaning areas into my general plan for a basis, but believe me, the urgent or the deadline often gets out ahead, lol.

Lynlee, how I hope your dd has an easy time of it and soon feels grateful that she could get it done. Best wishes for quick healing - glad her dh can be there for her.

I have a "things are not right" feeling, seemingly rooted in the tiredness that I hope can be shaken by a good night's sleep. The nap I took must have been fitful. Yes, there are some overarching worries right now but I believe we're slogging through them as best we can and they can't last forever.

Am I puny like Nancy? (get well soon, Nancy.) I don't believe so but can't know for sure until I get some serious rest and emerge less bleary-eyed! lol.

How nice to have given something that was so interesting to dh, lucylee.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:09 pm

Lunch went well. Dh called to let us know he could not come bc dgd was stranded in the town apx. 30 mi. Noth where other dgd lives. I told dson he was a good dad as he was getting ready to go and rescue dhg. After lunch I got a good nap in and I am feeling much better now. Yea, h was thinking of doing some stuff on Sat. I vetoed that we both needed rest. It worked out well.

H. Grilled burgers for our dinner.

LM in about a week can someone take a distributer cap or spark plug out of dmil cat so it cannot be driven?

Return to “Post When You Can”