Monday Maneuvers (not Inertia)

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Monday Maneuvers (not Inertia)

Postby CathyS » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:07 pm

Hi!

I was up and out early. Took back some parts, went grocery shopping in Niagara Falls and then drove to a greenhouse in Port Colbourne to buy a beautiful 3 coloured violet for dh along with a sign saying "I like to play in the dirt". The last time we were at that greenhouse, I asked him if he liked that sign.

Supper tonight is BBQed corn on the cob, chicken drumsticks cooked in the oven with a breadcrumb coating (AKA my cheap version of shake and bake) and 4 potatoes "baked" on the BBQ. Based on how horridly I have been BBQing chicken, I decided to just cook them in the oven to safe me the anxiety of cooking them on the BBQ. Even if I boil them first, they still flare up on the BBQ even before I put the BBQ sauce on them... so I've given up on that for the time being.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:04 pm

I have been to the store. Got food unloaded and but away.
I cleaned up the plant cage, and work station is moved.
I stacked a bit of fire wood.
Emptied bbq ash from last nite.
Had lunch & I have a plan for dinner.
Planted all but 8 of the plants I started. Yea!
I have dumped trash.
Waving to everyone.
I vacuumed lr, & swiffered other hard surface floors.
I keep checking fb to see if the neighbor had her baby.
Watering now.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:09 pm

Soooo much here today that I need to copy and print out... ;) (And yesssss... I am STILL working on my paper clutter!!!)

From LadyM:
It is an attitude thing for me. I don't like to be lazy. There is a difference between the body needing to rest and just lollygagging around being lazy. (IMHO)

It helps when you are surrounded by others who are motivated. Most of everyone that I am around tend to be workaholics and busy all the time.

I lead by example. I expect DS10 and DGD8 to do their daily work but that doesn't go smoothly if I'm not doing mine.

I play games with myself to keep going. I post here the next 3 things I'm going to do. I don't allow myself to take a break & post again until those things are completed. I have a detail list of things that are to be done for each of the daily categories. I always check that list to make sure I have completed each of the detailed items. I am accountable to myself. It brings me joy when I see a long list of completions that I did in a day. No one else sees them, but I know.

Well, yes... and the lazy part from Harmony's friend at church. I bet y'all were all thinking, "That sounds just like LUCY. I didn't know Lucy and Harmony went to the same church!" :oops:

First, I have a real problem with lollygagging around being lazy... :oops: (That was one of my ddad's favorite words, btw, lollygagging. Hmmm... wonder why?)
Second, I am definitely NOT surrounded by workaholics, certainly not even in my extended family circle, since ddad and dmil passed away... (although dmom IS becoming soooo much more active recently.)

But the three things game. I think I can work with that...
I already told myself -- as soon as I read that, LadyM -- okay, I'm going to DO that. NO POSTING until I have something to show for myself.
And my main focus this week is going to be to work on developing the BWP routine. Even if I have to switch days from time to time, I am going to HAVE a plan and do my best to follow it. So today is WHB day, and my top three were to
[ ] change the sheets
[ ] vacuum
[ ] clean bathrooms

I did NOT do THOSE particular three before posting, but I do have a short list of ta-da's:
[x] s2s, morning routine
[x] 2 DPCs
[x] post office, paid phone bill
[x] drug store
[x] sheets off the bed waiting on washer
[x] one load of clothes in the washer
[x] paper declutter (probably spent at least 45 minutes on this, and I have some questions later)
[x] mended a pillow case for dh and a shirt for myself

:?: PAPER CLUTTER
* sheesh *

My 18" stack is now whittled down to a much more manageable thing, neatly organized in loose-leaf binders and folders.
One for anxiety and stress management tips,
one for spiritual guidance, Bible study notes,
one for health care records,
one for planner and housekeeping tips, etc. THIS one is still waaaay too big, and I tossed all the print outs from F lylady and P&P and CEO (wasn't that her name?) because I know I have that same info duplicated in their books, as well as easily available on the internet. I did not toss out soooo many print outs from THIS site -- soooo much wisdom you ladies have shared with me all through these many years.

I still need to go through and organize this binder (and probably the others also) but HOW to organize THIS one??? Good gracious...
It's unbelievable how much I have saved... and it's hard to "define" and separate pages on such a general topic. I guess I will try to decide what the TITLE of each page should be, and go from there. I mean, obviously, some pages are SAMPLE PLANNER PAGES... some are obviously ZONE CLEANING.
It's unreal, but I can't bear to part with it!

Also, the binder is waaay too big to keep on my bathroom vanity, and there is no where else good to put it. So I'm thinking on that. Perhaps in the bathroom closet, and if I discover things I need for DAILY reference, I will move them to a smaller folder on the vanity?
Hmmm... I should do that with ALL the folders. :idea: Thankfully, I do not have to look at the anxiety management folder on a daily basis. It is almost embarrassing how much I have saved in this area AND the spiritual guidance section too, but I'm afraid to part with anything that was kinda a lifetime to me during my rough patches.

Also embarrassing... along with two books on
Help For Your Nervous Suffering
... I have TWENTY exercise and diet books in the bathroom cabinet, along with weight and exercise records on calendars since 1997... when I weighed approx 40 pounds less (that was 4 years before Paxil.) Obviously... something is not working here... :roll: :oops:

Another question. Have any of you ever sold books on a mazon?

Washer has stopped! BBL! :D
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:38 pm

Harriet, my stress test isn't until July 16th -really hoping to get things started for cardiac rehab sooner than that. Dr's supposed to contact rehab after test to set up & then I have a "pre-appointment" & then the initial one where they show/tell me what to do so we're talking another week or two. Really would like to start next week. Then dh has an echocardiogram this Thursday (I had one last Friday). Togetherness is great, but this is nuts!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:48 pm

Lucylee, my friend at church is almost 75 years old! Definitely not you! :lol: But she has had some major health challenges over the years and like me when something happens, she slows down. I'm thinking you must have a humongous sized bathroom!

Speaking of paperwork, I did go through and toss a lot of stuff out of 2 desk trays at my desk. Sorted mail and reconciled one bank statement. Finally added a check back in that I'd sent DSiL to reimburse him for something small... and he never cashed in about 6 months. I guess he threw that one away. We continue to think of him as a son-in-law even though he's an X. He stopped by on Saturday with a beautiful silver necklace he brought me from his recent tour in Israel. I was blown away.

Blessed, I've been on this antibiotic for a week and this morning was my last dose so I should be feeling better soon. It did it's trick. I am eating yogurt to get some good flora back into me now.

Kathryn, that's horrible about DGS and the flies. I had no idea. We don't have such things here. Except people who live next to cattle experience some great big flies, though I don't know if they bite. I hope he will be ok.

I won't say how long I napped this afternoon. :oops: Time for dinner.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:03 pm

Oh yes -- I meant to say -- Kathryn! (((HUGS))) for you ALL, especially dgs!!! I don't think we have biting flies, although the fly problem was MUCH worse when there were cows in the pasture surrounding us. Of course, I don't spend a LOT of time outdoors, so I'm not an expert on what's out there, you know. But that just sounds horrible for little dgs... I am so glad he didn't seem as bothered as the adults were. Maybe like mosquitoes used to do my dbro. He would break out in huge whelps but he never seemed bothered by them. It drove my dmom crazy! (They were much worse at my paternal dgparents' house, we think because they lived closer to the river, although not within several miles. The area of the county they lived in though, was called "the valley," and it was much lower-lying land than here where we are, and prone to flooding.)

My bathroom countertop is L-shaped, Harmony, and has the normal standard sink everybody got 30 years ago if they didn't tell the contractor something special. There are 5 cabinet doors, with the one under the sink being just a tad larger than the other, standard-size doors, and there are four drawers on the sink side. Then on the short end of the L, there's the vanity drawer and the knee-space. So it's not HUGE, but it is CROWDED.
It looks sooo sooo much better now though!
* Oh -- I forgot, the closet is the standard size with bi-fold doors, and three shelves.

CI:
[/] change the sheets (they are about to go in the dryer)
[/] vacuum (public areas of house done, hoping to do master bedroom and bath tonight, after church council meeting)
[ ] clean bathrooms

I will also put the sheets on the bed tonight. I have two programs I want to watch on tv (dvr), so that'll be a good time to finish up in there.
Church council meeting at 6:00 and I need to go by the park and see if dgs's coach is there giving out uniforms. They have a game at 6:00 but there is a possibility of rain.
Tomorrow is another day.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:34 pm

Supper is over and the large bowl has been handwashed. Dishwasher will be turned on shortly.

I totally forgot about the flies up north.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:01 pm

End of day, fast checking because I forgot to plug in my computer to recharge today.

Dgs had a wonderful day and was literally falling asleep while chewing at dinner. It was hilarious. He hadn't napped.

Ds whomped me twice so far at Scrabble.

Dinner was delicious.

Another successful day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:10 pm

CI:
[x] cooked supper, s/s kitchen (dh put away dishes)
[x] DPC to D irectv people, solved that little emergency (no signal on any of our tv's)
[x] change the sheets
[/] vacuum (public areas of house done, hoping to do master bedroom and bath tonight, after church council meeting)
[ ] clean bathrooms
[x] washed three more loads of clothes -- need to hang to dry first two (they are spread out on the exercise bike!)
[x] church council meeting
[x] stopped at park, got dgs's jersey -- dh is disappointed that they didn't order caps -- says, "You can't play baseball without a cap." :roll:
-- I am * shaking my head * -- No way this man could have ever coached t-ball. DH does think it would be perfectly acceptable to wear last year's cap, which is red with an "A" for Braves -- LOL :?: -- I guess -- their shirts last year looked like the Atlanta Braves. Their colors this year are gray, red, and black. They are the "Little Devils."

I also sat down, read the paper, worked the Sudoku, and ate a piece of cheesecake. Now I'm having some shakiness. I guess pb crackers are in order? I don't really have much in the way of high protein snacks here. Out of cheese. * sigh *

My BWP is now as follows:
MONDAY -- laundry/WHB
TUESDAY -- WHB/zone
WEDNESDAY -- zone/computer, paperwork misc
THURSDAY -- catch-up
FRIDAY -- family/free day
SATURDAY -- family/free day
SUNDAY -- church/misc tasks

I'm putting two things to each day so I can carry over to the next day whatever doesn't get done, or look ahead if one day isn't working, and I can be flexible. The idea is to have SOME direction for the day when I get dressed, in order to guard against that I've got all day/week/month... rest of my life/whatever... feeling that leads to the inertia!

Y'all have been a HUGE help today... I want to remember some of these thoughts...

Lynlee said --
do things in part acts = begun is half done (thanks Dee), or part done at least.
drop the thought it 'all' should already be done perfectly, and beating up on self at every opportunity..
the flylady tacktic of beginning with one habit and consolidating /maintaining that before adding another. Though enthusiasm over that success can expand the process.
Encourage yourself for every effort you make.
Acting counts for more than relentlessly devising new methods. :!: NOTE -- :idea: that is a BIG roadblock for ME!!!
Make it into a game as to what I do next, with no compunction to do everything on some imagined list.
round robins between a number of designated destinations.
pick up 5 things and deal with them.
a chat room with people to cheer you on can help too. I guess if you are in the time zone pwyc was designed as that.
list only things done, or no to do list longer than 4 items.
an object in motion tends to stay in motion

Blessed said --
Instead of thinking I won't get anything done; I switched to thinking: wow what can I accomplish? It is amazing how attitude can effect my day!

Now -- back to the laundry and the sheets.
Last edited by lucylee on Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:12 pm

Dee, I guess the phrase "stress test" stuck with me, but I was remembering the timing of echocardiograms. Hoping both of you get good info quickly and without much hassle!

Got those 3 "next-up"s done, plus extra Desk Day work, plus HRH and I picked my car up at mechanic and dropped it off at tire place, went on to grocery. We should be through with all the vehicle stuff by tomorrow, thank goodness. It ain't cheap. And it takes the time of 2 people to do the running around.

Return to “Post When You Can”