Tuesday Tactics

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lynlee

Tuesday Tactics

Postby Lynlee » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:00 am

Yesterday we discussed maneuvers that are helpful to meet our needs and challenges as SHEs at home, and in our families and communities.
Take a spoonful of whatever you need and select your version of tactics to face today.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

CathyS

Re: Tuesday Tactics

Postby CathyS » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:14 am

Hi!

I've been making my bed before I leave the bedroom lately and it looks nice. Other than a bit of a hiccup over the weekend, the dishes have been done at all times for around a month. What a difference! Meals are usually planned a day in advance. I usually ask dh what he wants the next night when we are still at the table having supper each night. Lately I've also been setting the table after dh leaves at lunch time.

I am trying to get the island cleared. Having someone give us 2 Rubbermaid totes full of antique mason jars last week has put a delay in that. I found dates on the bottom of some of the jars with 1931 being the earliest date. One of the bottles has a blob on the bottom which, in my opinion, screams "hand made bottle". Whenever I try to research the Crown preserving jars, I either get P interest stuff or E bay coming up.

I am hitting the road and going to Port Credit to my favourite "local" needlework store today.

Supper tonight will be last night's leftovers. Cold chicken drumsticks, fried leftover potatoes and I will make coleslaw before I hit the road. We are also having 6 more ears of BBQed corn.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:23 am

The tactic I chose for today was to look at my support systems, and try a neighbouring township's version of the group I attended yesterday.
That was far easier than spending 6 - 7 hours of the day travelling to the city and back.
The good news was they keep the same leaders instead of continual switching them about, with no continuity of leaders attendance. One leader there I knew from the local group, and I really like her inclusive style. She is regularly at the group each week, and has challenged me to talk to the leader who irritates me, about that. A challenge there. I'm not sure my diplomacy is up to it.

Overall I have been making gains on attending to the 3Ds daily as required. (and not letting anything else get worse.)
There is no competition with what anyone else may be doing within their homes. For me, it is a much needed step to get consistancy in that. I find it far to easy to skip meals and attending to kitchen and washing tasks, and those tasks done keep life bubbling along more agreeably.

DSil says dd should be home for at home recovery tomorrow. Prayers continue there that surgery gave optimal results.

DDyounger rang re calling in on Thursday with her daughters. I look forward to that.

Sending best wishes to you all.

Waving to Cathy. Great progress there with everyday routine.
What a thing having to 'deal with' the antique mason jars.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:45 am

Good Morning! I slept well last night. I write that because it forces me to stop & evaluate the quantity & quality of how I slept.

Have any of you ever sold books on a mazon?

I have. I stopped because life got too busy to maintain the response time that is needed to sell items on a-mazon. You have to get them packaged and into the mail within hours of them being purchased. That meant if I went on a trip then I had to take the items for sale with me so I could get them into the mail if they sold.

I have returned to Intermittent Fasting (IF) and am enjoying it. This time I have the kids doing it too. We fast for 16 hours a day which means nothing but water between the hours of 5pm through 9am. Then we eat during an 8 hour period (9am to 5pm). It has been very freeing to be "off duty" with food prep/serving/clean up for many hours each day. The kids didn't like it at first and there was a bit of moaning and groaning about not having bedtime snacks. But they have adjusted and don't mention bedtime snacks anymore.

Next up -
** Personal AM
** Swim pool dailies
** Bedroom dailies
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:01 am

Cathy, so interesting about the antique mason jars.

Lynlee, that sounds positive about finding more local possibilities so you're not traveling so much.

Tactic - When I noticed inertia, yesterday and through this morning, I've tried to use what I suspected about myself (the possible "solving the world's problems" absent-mindedness) to my advantage. I got a kitchen counter-and-a-half organized, cleared and cleaned, while mentally talking to the world this morning.

Laundry was going during that time, and some now folded, the rest drip-drying. So Morning Daily Card is done well, and done before 9.

The decluttering yesterday got me far, but I still need to continue on the same tack and build on that momentum.

I know exactly what further Desk Day is for today because I imagined it onto a short written list yesterday. :)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:25 am

I am up not so at em this morning. I am still waking up.

My tactic for Tues. Do 3 tasks before I post.
Dog has been out & is back in.
Trash day Tues. I had some stuff from sorting on the plant and shed zone had not bagged yet so I did that and it is at the curb now!
I have a plan for dinner.
Cleaned purse, changed out to the new one I got yesterday.

Next Round:
I need to clip dogs nails & walk her done.
Shook out the rug I forgot todo yesterday.
Journaling done.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:59 am

DH put the laundry in and switched it to the dryer for me this morning. I went down about 9am and folded it. I've put one basket away & have one to go. Not sure if I'll get that one done before we leave or not. We're heading for Olean, NY (about 2 hours +/-). DD's driving -told her we'd buy gas & buy her lunch. Meeting friends from our church in Lakeland. We were supposed to meet them last Tuesday but I wasn't sure I'd be up for it yet. Unfortunately last night I was awake from 1am till after 6, then slept till about 7:20. Needless to say, I'm dragging.

Sneezing up a storm here. Hopefully that will stop soon & I can finish getting ready.

Well, this sat here and in between our trip is now off. Dfriend called and her dh is quite sick this morning. They'd hoped it would go away but not the case. So at least we hadn't started down. Even if we had, we would have stopped somewhere for lunch before coming back. No problem.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:01 am

I was with my mother late last night when she passed away. They called me at 1 p.m. yesterday and said there had been a change in her condition and breathing and I stayed with her until she died. My kids and dh came for awhile. My sister's son came by and my dcousin J's dd brought her for a visit.

I am feeling numb today. Both loss and lack of sleep.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:42 am

Oh Twins (((((((((HUGS))))))))))

I'm so sorry. I'm so glad you were there with her, though.

But still, I'm tearing up with you and virtually squeezing you tightly, hoping to transfer some of my energy to you.

Blessings.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:45 am

((((((Twins))))) I'm sorry for your loss. My heart hurts for you.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”