Tuesday Tactics

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Tuesday Tactics

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:48 am

Dgs and I are at the lodge. They have Banagrams, plus an Appletters and Pairs In Pairs, plus 3 scrabble games. Dgs loves letters so I let him pull all three out. He just dumped all three sets of letters onto the chair next to me. Thankfully they are slightly different so sorting will take less time than it could!

I've just managed to connect with dh. Bye!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:56 am

Awww Twins so sorry to hear abt your mom. Sending you hugs and prayers.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:42 am

DD has come & gone. She snuggled with DGD8 for about 30 minutes and then chatted with the rest of us. I am so very thankful for no drama interactions.

I am working on coordinating with the extended family to gather Saturday morning. My paternal Grandfather built a home that is now a part of Federal Wildlife Refuge. The home isn't used and the government boarded up the doors & windows to prevent access. Someone broke into the house and put graffiti inside and out. So we are going to remove the graffiti this weekend.

I have done a little research on the best ways to remove the graffiti and have started gathering supplies. One of the refuge employees said they think most of the graffiti on the inside of the house is written using charcoal pieces from the fireplaces. Hopefully, that will be easier to remove than the spray paint that was used on the outside of the house. Grandpa built the exterior of the house by using native cobblestone so care must be taken to remove the paint with minimum damage to the stone/concrete.

Next up -
** Living room dailies
** Weeklies for swim pool
** Kitchen weeklies
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:49 am

(((((Oh, DTwins))))) so sorry that this has happened for you. Do come here and post away and grieve as only you can. Praying for you as you go through all this. My mind is a tumble of all the things you have said over the past several days. We love you & our hearts are heavy for you.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:23 pm

Oh ((((((DTwins))))) I am so very sorry over the loss of your dm. My first thought was thankfulness that you were with her and that it didn't happen while you were out of town. I am also thankful that you had family members visit beforehand. You have been through so much losing your dsis, then db and now dm. You were always there for each of them. I hope you are feeling the love and caring that we are all sending you. We are here for you.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:26 pm

I have placed a copy of Twins' Mom's morning post here, over into J and C.

Those who may come in tomorrow or later will realize this happened.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:48 pm

Those done. I also took DS10 and DGD8 to school for lunch and playing with friends. DGD8 friends left after playing for about 15 minutes because they were hot so she was ready to come home. DS10 wanted to continue to play with his friends so he is off on adventures with them. I am so very thankful for our small-town that makes this possible.

DH volunteered at the clothes closet this morning then went to stay with his DMom. Yesterday he was with his DMom for about 12 hours.

Next up -
** Prep vegetables
** Kitchen dailies
** Bathroom dailies
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:50 pm

TwinsMom: I am so sorry. I am thinking of you and your family.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:53 pm

(((Twins))) I am sitting here with tears going down my cheeks.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:21 pm

Hi everyone! I am working on setting up and scheduling jobs that have to be run at the beginning of each month. Briggs is at the vet again. I think he needs more steroids. Even one of the side effects (increased appetite) will help him. He is on his way to becoming a hairless cat, which would be ok if his DNA coded for that, but it does not.

While DD17 is away, I have planned a massive PUPA in my house. I started with the most annoying first. The hallway had become crowded to the point it was hard to get in an out of the door when I carried cat crates or groceries. It is beautifully empty and the laundry room door is repaired and rehung. The newly painted closet door is also rehung. I have not decided what tonight's focus will be. Maybe kitchen tables. I am deliberately not cleaning, that is scheduled after the PUPA. I also have to practice dance for the performance Friday. I can remember the dance, just need to work on timing.

LadyMaverick: I doubt that intermittent fasting is a good idea for kids. Strongly recommend a discussion with their physician.

CathyS and anyone who would like to exclude sites from web searches:
To exclude pinterest and ebay from your search results for mason jars, use this in the search box: mason jars -site:ebay.com -site:pinterest.com
It will not exclude the sponsored links at the top, but will from the real results.

<Rant alert>
I had a weird conversation with my mother, in the middle of things, she said, "Have you closed your closet door?" Huh? She knows that I leave one of the MBR closets open. She proceeded to harangue me for 10 minutes about how I have to keep the cats out, put a brick in front of the closets so they can't get them open, train them better, not allow fur on my things, and close the closet door! I tried to explain that they have moved heavy objects and anything large enough to deter them would be a pain for me, the door is broken and is hard to move whether you want to open or close, it is ok if they shed on the cat towels, and I have used this system for years. Oh the horror! What in the blazes brought that on? I realized I could have lied, but didn't think fast enough, I was too shocked. Of course, if I pretended the closet was closed, I would have probably gotten the dusting lecture instead.

I was probably still in shock from the conversation with the xBFF, who suggested I buy the camper from my x (the one my car cannot tow easily), keep it in my yard, and instead of saving for a new camper, buy a NEW CAR instead. What the phooey? I've known for some time she values them more than me, but to seriously suggest I plan a major purchase to allow the x to rid himself of a camper so the other woman can replace it with something she likes better? xBFF also regards my 21 years of marriage as training so the x can be happy with the other woman. After about 3 years, she has finally noticed she sees less of me, but hasn't a clue why.

Return to “Post When You Can”