Tuesday Tactics

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Tuesday Tactics

Postby lucylee » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:41 pm

(((Twins))) I am so, so sorry, and I am praying for you and your family.
Tomorrow is another day.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:48 pm

Thank you Elizabeth. Some people are too wrapped up in their own world to notice the change in others.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:22 pm

I doubt that intermittent fasting is a good idea for kids. Strongly recommend a discussion with their physician.

Elizabeth - Thank you for voicing your concern. It made me stop and consider again what I'm doing. I'm 100% okay with it and know the doctor would be too. IMHO when the word Fasting is used then it triggers concerns. I could have put it in different terms instead of saying Intermittent Fasting. A different way of describing our eating style is….the kids and I are eating 3 meals a day with no snacking at night time. The kids are not limited how much they eat at meal times. When they get full they stop eating. They do have treats on a daily basis. IMHO they have more sugar than is healthy for them. But that eating challenge has been fought and lost over and over.

DS10 has 2 friends here playing with him. They are currently playing outside. I've put ice, water and cups on the front porch and the boys are stopping to get cold drinks every 10 minutes or so. They could come inside in the A/C but they choose to play outside. DGD8 is playing in the fun room that has A/C. She does NOT like to sweat.

I am getting close to completing the items on my checklist. I still have to brush the swimming pool sides and water the container plants but I'll do those later when I'm watching the kids swim.

Next up -
** continue monitoring kids playing
** type elder meeting minutes
** visit with DMom
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:36 pm

Dh's doctor calls what dh is doing "fasting" but he gets to eat as much as he wants twice a day as long as he is sitting at the kitchen table. No junk food in front of the TV after supper. He can have as much liquid as he wants whenever he wants it.

I need to get up and off the computer. I did sit outside for a while. No clouds, no wind, no rain and it's almost hot.

My accountant needs me to go see him tomorrow. I have a stomach ache just thinking about it.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:55 pm

Briggs is back from vet. He is not better. More swollen lymph glands, more hair loss. Possible autoimmune disease, possible cancer. He has meds to help the immediate quality of life and a followup appointment to determine cause and treatment plan.

LadyMaverick: The change in wording definitely makes it clearer. When my coworkers use the term "intermittent fasting" it means to go without food one day of every week. Many of my coworkers bounce from fad diet to fad diet.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:02 pm

Minor change to supper. Asparagus for dh. Cold chicken drumsticks. Large bowl of coleslaw. Fried leftover potatoes from last night with some onion. I have tried asparagus at least 3 times since dh and I got back together and I just don't care for it. Memories of childhood. There used to be a cream of asparagus soup back in the 60's. If my dad heated up a can for lunch, it was totally expected that you eat every drop in the bowl. That was lunch and it didn't matter whether you liked it or not, you sat there until it was gone, no matter how cold it got.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:04 pm

dearest Twins I am so so sorry!!! I am praying for you and all of you! I am so sorry at the loss of your d mom!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:51 pm

(Twins)

Elizabeth, I'm sorry to read about Briggs. We've heard about him for so long I feel like I know him and do not want him to be sick.

Maybe the trick to NOT being lazy is to get up and out of the house. Today I had errands to run and was out from 10:15 till 2:30 and I've been busy since. So a good day.

First stop was to the GP. Saw the nurse practitioner this time and appointment was less stressful than when I see the dr. Considering whether I should change to her instead of the dr. I need to think about that. My next appointment in 6 months is back with the Dr. My labs were so good this time I asked her to check if it was my lab sheet! Best results I've had in years. Now if I just knew why.

Then I went to county office and got truck tag. It wasn't too busy there today.

Stopped at library and took out a big HUGE book I'm not sure I'll be able to read, but I'll give it a stab. I love long books, but this one is old literature, so we'll see how it goes. I liked the PBS series. Thought I had tried to read this book once before, but looking at it I know I wouldn't have taken out one this big when I was back in grade school. I guess I had watched another version of the movie and didn't follow it very well. So, we'll see.

Next was supermarket; got a few things and a bunch of stuff for upcoming birthdays. Speaking of special occasions, I think we missed Sunny's anniversary this past Saturday, the 15th., so happy belated to you guys! Got a few groceries and finally a teal and grey bike helmet. Tried that out on a bike ride after I got home. It worked fine, but I didn't realize it would make my head so hot! Course, we were riding in the full sun...so gotta expect it.

I hear DH getting food out so I better go get dinner going.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:04 pm

it didn't matter whether you liked it or not, you sat there until it was gone, no matter how cold it got.

Cathy - I've heard of that. I've seen some parents make their kids eat vegetables before they are allowed to eat other parts of the meal. I don't do either of those. I don't want to set myself up as the "Food Police". My overall goal is to teach kids about healthy eating and consequences. IMHO they need guidance but forcing them to eat something that they detest isn't going to be helpful long term.

I will admit to occasionally using bribery. As in.... I'll pay you $1.00 to eat that bowl of green beans. I truly don't know if it is the challenge/dare or the money but it gets their attention. After they eat the vegetable they usually say something like "Guess what? Green Beans don't taste that bad!" I don't do this very often, but sometimes it is useful.

I've finished those 3 things.

I sent the 2 extra boys home. They have been here 4 hours playing. It's time for them to go do something else and for me to get off extended kid duty. Monitoring DS10 and DGD8 is easy when it is just them.

next up -
** research house/land the elders are considering to purchase as a parsonage.
** Prep/serve/cleanup 3rd meal of the day
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:23 pm

(Twins)

I have done my 6 things, forget waht they are now, but took a nap in the chair. I am still geting over the cold and recouping more each day.
Glad I am feeling better. Got distracted when door bell went off breaking my concentration was a pest control guy had to tell him no bc dson
does that here, and has his own business doing that.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”