Tuesday Tactics

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Tuesday Tactics

Postby Harriet » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:46 pm

i can't catch up on posts and hate it, but will post this, having read up to LadyM's graffiti concerns at least.
I need life to slow down and let me off a while.

A somber day. "rest, Twins', rest" runs through my mind.

LadyM, I'm so sorry anyone would do such a thing and I hope it can be cleaned.

I got a disappointing phone call from one dcousin who is upset with another dcousin to the point our planned get-together won't be happening. Looks like they're right back into a standoff we had once before, as they react to the past more than to the now. I had recently chatted with each on the phone, saying this was so positive that we were planning visiting with each other, and that our parents would want it this way. But it was left in the hands of one who would be hosting, to email one who would be traveling. The email was abrupt, the other read it in the light of bad memories, children got involved worrying about things that might happen, and the whole get-together is off. 2 cousins have already passed - we don't have time for this.

Had once promised myself I wouldn't ever ask others to pick up the offering at church again because it drives me crazy waiting. But I let it happen again, didn't I? Sigh. After calls and emails, we're still no closer to arranging to get it into my hands and it's going to be mid-week tomorrow, will take time even after I get it, of course, to get it into the bank. Only certain ones are authorized, of course, so I can't just ask someone I could see more easily. Double sigh.

Dd39 called and I think she wishes she'd never done it. I bent her ear about many things.

Everything is okay with their family except that my youngest grandson is very mistrustful at swimming lessons. HRH is insisting she take him out of the lessons, then, and let him teach it next year, when HRH feels better. (smile - there are plenty of adults to teach, such as parents, but HRH is convinced he understands grandson best)

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:22 pm

((((Twins))))
hugs and prayers. I hope you can take time to 'just be still' with all the busy ness of the coming days.
I'm glad your DM had still been in the place she knew and where she was loved when she passed.

My bedtime was not far off 10. Sleep came, and mostly stayed. I think I needed to alter my blankets a couple of times, with no undue delay in returning to sleep.

bed made
tmeds
breakfast cooked
eating now.

I'm thinking over options for today.
I would like to prep a little for visiting dd and dgds.
tai chi return could be benifitial, if I can resist the urge to compete in repeat this move endlessly exercise marathons. The social aspect would 'do me good' as well. Just checked. I'd need to leave in 20 min to catch the bus.
a load of washing would be helpful.
mow another segment - enable exploring in the yard is a wish.

ok. that is 4 to dream upon, and maybe take some action
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:57 pm

Hello, villagers ~
I've been dealing with home stuff all day and have made a fair amount of progress.

One of the things I'm counting as an accomplishment was making a test run of packing for my 6-day trip in August. I tried to fit the wardrobe I thought I would take into a small carry-on case to see if I can avoid having to pay the airline to check a bag. Right now I have to call the test a failure. I needed to fit 3 more items into the case but it was already stuffed full enough to be over the size limit for what the airline says is acceptable for a carry-on with no fee.

I'm not giving up on the idea yet because there are some other things I can try. I have 2 thin cotton shirts that will fold up smaller than the 2 knit tunics I wanted to take. I put in a pair of regular jeans but I just remembered that I have a pair in thinner summer-weight denim that will pack smaller. I saw a video about either folding or rolling items and then placing in zipper pouches so they stay tightly folded. I also saw a tip about using plastic bags that allow compression to save room.

There are still 2 challenges, though. First, I'm a big woman and my clothes are a lot of fabric. Second, I'd already made the decision to take casual clothes, but I'm going to business meetings and classes, not vacation. No tank tops and shorts -- not that I ever wear those in public anyway! Modest clothes need more space.

I'm grateful to my friend for loaning me her case this early so that I can run more packing tests.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:12 am

WHERE might I find “thinner, summer-weight denim jeans” — BookSaver or anyone???
I have searched and searched.
I do NOT want “skinny jeans,” btw... just ordinary straight/relaxed fit “mom jeans” will be 100% to my liking.
I had some years and years ago, but eventually they developed holes in Unfashionable places and I had to let them go to the trash.
I don’t like to wear shorts or cropped pants a lot, but jeans are sooo hot in the summer.

I was not as successful as yesterday but I did —
— type church minutes
— talk to dmom
— work on dh’s “book” a bit more
— cook supper, s/s kitchen
— finish laundry

I did not finish vacuuming. That’s on the list for tomorrow!
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:55 am

Lynlee wrote:I'm thinking over options for today.
I would like to prep a little for visiting dd and dgds.
tai chi return could be benifitial, if I can resist the urge to compete in repeat this move endlessly exercise marathons. The social aspect would 'do me good' as well. Just checked. I'd need to leave in 20 min to catch the bus.
a load of washing would be helpful.
mow another segment - enable exploring in the yard is a wish.

ok. that is 4 to dream upon, and maybe take some action

tai chi happened.
Bought a year's membership. If I go 21 times it will be at cost benefit, compared to a yoga class cost. Weekly is my aim at least, and to not overload myself with repetitions that are too much of a trial, and had me run away in years past. My lower back is complaining, over the same thing it disliked a year ago.
I stepped off the 'floor' when the 2nd set of that began.

lunch has happened.
I need a rest. I may or may not attend to the other tasks mentioned earlier, later today.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”