It's a daily process - consistency - continue the process pwyc WEDNESDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: It's a daily process - consistency - continue the process pwyc WEDNESDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:55 am

upstairs home blessing and straightening is done! yes, even with a weather headache.
taking mom to container store soon. i am also looking for a hanging system that I can easily take down in dd youngers closet as that is the entrance to the attic that we don't use.

hello d lady - glad you are safe after those storms!
I will be thinking of your dh and your d mil
yay for being done on cooking for the day
well done on your work - some jobs take a short time one day and long on the other - isn't that funny how that works.
cheering you on through your day!

hello d kathryn
so happy you had a great day yesterday - so much fun. have a great day today!

Hello d nancy
yay on your dailies cheering you on as well

hello d harriet good morning to you too!
what a good idea of setting up your water first thing!
amen on the lifeline!
i understand about attending some of the restaurant activities esp. greasy meat filled ones.

hello d lynlee
so happy you did tai chi good for you!
hope your headache goes away!
sweet dreams

sweet twins I am thinking of you with all my heart as you go through your day!
having a visitation was very thoughtful of you!
glad your dd is taking care of the food at the house. Everything is a shock and it's hard to have to think in those terms. So happy your sweet dd is there and has help.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:57 am

I will flip flop laundry (washing sheets and blankets) and then pick up d mom at 11:15 am
I will take a tylonel! It's an eyeball/forehead/temple headache.
I don't want it and am doing work as if It isn't happening ... ;)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:01 pm

Happy anniversary to Mr. & Mrs. Sunny.

I have completed journaling, and walk the dog.
It was breezy out and stronger gusts will kick up later on.
I did the swish & swipe in the bathrooms.
Got the trash cans put away so the wind will not blow them away.
Did the dishes.
I pulled a wagon load of weeds.

I am rethinking a task, I was going to plant sweet potatoes that I have sprouted but will wait foir a day with no wind warnings up.

Heads up West winds are bad gather up emergency supplies & be prepared. Power outtages have happened South of us.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:27 pm

This Saturday 4 of dh's hometown friends that he has taken so many motorcycle trips with are coming here on their way to the Grand Canyon. Dh can't go because his back would not take that long of a trip. One of the twins is just coming this far and will go back home on Sunday. They are all staying the night here. Dh is smoking ribs that day for an evening meal. Dh has also invited his local friend and his girlfriend. The local guy went on several trips with them. Now I have known this was happening for several weeks but of course I waited until Monday to dig in. At least I will have everything clean and then can wash sheets, etc. again after they leave. Then I can clean again just ahead of the wedding next weekend. Why do I wait until the last minute. every. single. time!!!!

Better get busy............

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:34 pm

I posted in J&C to Twins, but then forgot to come over here. Dh and I just finished lunch. DD stopped by with my handicap pass (I'd given it to her on Monday to be sure we had when we were going to be heading to Olean on Tuesday. It's hard remembering to change it from car to car. DD's on her way to lunch with dcampmanager/friend.

I'd like to go walking but am feeling a bit too light headed. Hate that! Think I'll take a bit of a rest & watch an episode of "Heartland" on my ipad.

Glad you're week is going pretty well, Kathryn. I'd forgotten your DS/GF were joining you.

I took a couple of things out of the storage bin in front of our RV this morning so dh can put the 2 milk crates of liquids -weed killer, etc, etc. in there. That way he only has to lift them onto the golf cart this fall when he puts that in storage. we figure it won't really freeze in the rec hall. Will put something underneath them though -just in case. This way I'll only have to load one crate with household liquids -dish detergent, laundry detergent, etc. I'm trying to start getting all that kind of stuff (for year's end) written down instead of waiting till October.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:27 pm

Dee - You're doing a good job of organizing things, places to store them and documenting when actions are needed. BWTG!

Those 3 categories are completed. I added shocking the pool which is a weekly task unless the chlorine level drops. I test the chlorine level daily.

It was disheartening when I walked outside and saw the pool area. There wasn't any damage done (thankfully!!) but everything was covered in tree leaves. I'm guessing I scooped out about 40 lbs of wet leaves from the swimming pool. My arms got a good workout. I haven't cleaned up the leaves from the deck and walkway around the pool. I plan to utilize child labor to accomplish that by giving both kids a bag and have them pick up leaves and branches before they go swimming tonight.

I took the kids to eat lunch at the school. DS10 left from there to go with a friend to the splash pad at the park. I brought DGD8 home with me so she could collect her books to return. She loves attending the weekly book club. Which starts in 3 minutes. *POOF*
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:49 pm

Did I say

Happy Anniversary to the Sunny couple

? I remember thinking that was such a good line, but I don't see it anywhere so maybe it didn't get posted.

Ended up going to a pleasant lunch with the group, which had turned out to have so many cancellations that there were only 3 of us and the other two were elders. So that was a good thing. As you can all imagine, I was the soul of discretion and never voiced an opinion at all. And if you believe that, there's a bridge in San Francisco... ..

So I don't feel I've gotten much done around here. Time to clean a bathroom.

helia

Postby helia » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:20 pm

I'm stopping by to say "HI!" to all you hard working and winsome SHEs! I skimmed today's posts and it seems I've missed some major life changes for some of you.

I hope you feel better soon, Twins.
And Kathryn, do you have 2 grandchildren now?
I enjoy your upbeat spirit as always, blessed.
And I enjoy reading about your organized day, LadyM.
And then there's Harriet's down-to-earth wisdom and sense of humor.
I always wait until the last minute too, 1Lilac. That's quite the crew you'll be hosting, but the ribs sound good!
Happy Anniversary Sunny and Mr. Sunny!
Writing things down like that sounds smart, Dee.
That must be quite some wind where you are, nancy.

This spring was SO busy. I'm not sure what happened; there was lots of hosting and some travels. For example, the first 3 weeks of May, dh and I had all of 2 evenings together, including weekend evenings. Hosting, separate traveis, and meetings took up all the other evenings. Also, I got put on a deacon team in January (I think?) dealing with a client who has required a fair bit of time. That's also been new. Payroll has been busy, but not more busy than usual, I don't think. Currently, I'm having a bit of a reprieve in my busy schedule. We just got back from our big vacation trip this summer, and I have 2 more weeks until I start up again at payroll. I'm hoping to get caught up on some things the next two weeks, though honestly, serious jet lag has slowed me down this week. We just got back from 2.5 weeks in S Korea and Japan on Sunday. It's an 11 hour time difference (body time - they're 13 hours ahead of us), so it will take some time for my body to readjust.

I don't know if you remember, but one of the biggest conferences in dh's field meets in June every year, alternating between Kyoto, Japan and Honolulu. I've started joining dh on the Hawaii years. This year, we decided to build a family vacation around the Kyoto conference. Since so many of dh's grad students are Korean, he has a lot of connections there, and it made sense to visit Korea as well! In Korea, dh gave a talk at a university in Seoul, and we had dinner with one of his ex-students. We also got to see my ex-mentee who is Korean American and has been working in Seoul for about 3 years now. She's doing well, so that was gratifying to see. When I was mentoring her, she seemed to have constant inner turmoil. Visiting Korea and Japan was really interesting and educational - and fun! We visited an ancient palace (Seoul), ancient burial grounds (S. in S. Korea), several different temples (Japan), several museums, and different neighborhoods; we stayed in a traditional hanok in a traditional hanok village in Seoul. We also visited Jeju Island in Korea where we walked through a nutmeg forest and hiked up a volcanic crater. In Japan, during dh's conference, ds, dd21 and I took the train to HIroshima and saw the memorial park and museum there. Rather sobering and a bit disturbing, Overall, it was a fabulous, if exhausting vacation. I felt like I gained a little perspective on our school's Korean and Japanese students, of which we always have several. And now I feel like I need a vacation after my vacation. LOL!

Anyhow, ds and dd21 (!) joined us. Dd23 couldn't join us b/c of her celiac disease + she had travels for her own job during that time. We missed her, but it was nice to see ds and dd21 since we don't get to see them much anymore.

I lost 6 pounds on the trip b/c I had a mild tummy issue going on + we did so much walking.

Today: I went to yoga earlier this afternoon. And I got clean sheets on the bed plus all the regular morning tasks done. So, a very slow day. I'm enjoying that! :) .

It's 3:15, and I'd like to accomplish more today. Next up for me:
- laundry room: fold and put away all the clean bedding and towels that have been sitting there for months
- yard work: work on weeding and cleaning up the flower gardens at the foot of the driveway
- walk to B and N to buy grad cards?

Dh and I are going out on a dinner date tonight, so I don't need to make dinner.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:49 pm

H E L I A!!!!! what a joy to see you! waving to you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:52 pm

Hi!!

I went to see the accountant today. Stopped at Cost co on the way home for paper towels and Minute rice. Came out with paper towels, minute rice and a package of salami. Took a part back to a supplier for a credit.

Supper tonight will be (be still my beating heart...) hot dogs! We are having coleslaw and BBQed corn on the cob to go with.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”