It's a daily process - consistency - continue the process pwyc WEDNESDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: It's a daily process - consistency - continue the process pwyc WEDNESDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:53 pm

hello d dee, hello d harriet, hello d lady, hello d lilac, hello d nancy, hello d cathy, hello d everyone!!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:59 pm

took d mom to lunch, the container store, then to home depot and then to the pastry shop (which I shouldn't have).
I just got home and have decided to work on paper work and then walk on the treadmill.

tomorrow I am taking d mom and d aunt to get sticker for d mom's car and have lunch there.
I picked up mom's schedule at the retirement village and she has agreed to go to exercise classes with me (my goal is to have her meet people)

ta ta for now.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:00 pm

Hi everyone! This things that keep me going are the evening routine and lists! (The evening routine is actually a list that I mark off every night).

Last night, I worked on clearing the kitchen tables. One is covered in financial stuff and filing, so that is not a trivial task. I made sure to practice the dance for Friday's performance. I sewed some elastic into my new pants and they fit much better today. Before all that, I picked up some lace so I can finally finish a UFO (pink antebellum Barbie dress). Alfie woke me up at 5 (way too early). He misses Briggs who is still at the cat coordinator's house so she can take him to his next vet visit.

At payroll, I completed mods to a report and am about to start mods on another. Wednesdays are normally a free day for me (the only one actually) and I will continue the PUPA plan. I think I will work in DD's room. I want to get the ugly metal shelving into the shed. She has gotten rid of enough stuff that it can all go on her bookcase. I would love for her to get rid of more, but she is not ready on the stuffed animals and dolls. Most have been moved to the shed, but there is one box of each still in the closet.

Happy anniversary to the Sunny's!

I am thinking of the TwinsFamily.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:06 pm

Cathy - you did well if you only bought one thing extra when shopping at a super store! I find it so easy to walk out with more than what is on my list.

Lilac & Helia!!! it's so good to see you both posting!

Happy Anniversary to Sunny & DH!
May every day together be celebrated!

I visited with a lifelong friend while DGD8 was attending her book club. LLFriend and I decided we need to set a time to get together on a regular basis. We made arraignments to eat lunch together on 2nd Thursday of every month and will start with that arraignment and go from there. She is lonely and wants to interact with people more so she is considering driving for Uber. I didn't know that was a possibility in a rural area. She has always been one to think outside the box so I'm interested in what she comes up with.

DS10 and friend are picking up trash at our little town park. They are doing it without being asked which makes me double happy.

Next up -
** Kitchen dailies
** Living room dailies
** Bathroom dailies
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:13 pm

Oh my, Helia! Hello, hello. Has it really been since January that you last posted? I don't know how I missed that. Yes, there has been lots of things going on here in our little village in that last 6 months. Hoping you'll be able to at least peek in from time to time, even if you don't have time to post at that moment. You might be able to 'pick up' on the important events by just skimming the J&C thread. Maybe not every post but the ones asking for prayer or good thoughts. Good to 'see' you at any rate.

And did I miss wishing Mr & Mrs Sunny a Happy Anniversary> Oh happy days to you both!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:27 pm

Hello everyone. I wasn't able to check in here yesterday and finally just now finished cuop-ing Monday and yesterdays posts. I was exhausted and crawled into bed early last evening. Dson#1-C and his whole family came yesterday afternoon. The dgrandkids told us all about their trip to So Dakota and ddil brought her laptop to show us all the pictures they took. Then we got busy and packed up more boxes. At suppertime dh and dson went to W-M to get a rotisserie chicken and fixins' to go with. We added the chicken we had picked up on Monday, so had plenty to eat.

Lady M, I'm sorry that someone has marred the home your grandfather built. I'm sure it will take a lot of work to set it to rights again. It looks like a beautiful home. Could someone still live in it? I'm not sure what wildlife refuge rules would be?

Harriet, I'm sorry that the planned cousin-get-together didn't work out.

Twins, (((Hugs))) and prayers for you and your dfamily.

Kathryn, nice to read that you are having a nice time with your dfamily. (I am enjoying seeing pictures and reading about Ken's trip).

So nice to see Lilac and Helia posting.

Thank you all for the anniversary wishes. We are exactly 51 years on Saturday. We enjoyed an outing to Perkins at 4 p.m. Sunday afternoon for an early dinner.
May every day together be celebrated! -- Lady M.
Thank you; we are feeling so blessed at having had this life together and treasure each new day more!

I has become dark rather quickly and now with thunder and lightning close by. See you later...
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:39 pm

Trying to keep those consistency tactics going!
I guess my #1 tactic today was that I followed LadyM’s advice and refused to let myself post until I had my top three done! Hooray!
* vacuumed master bedroom & bath, “focus” vacuuming in bath
* changed dermatologist appt for later in the summer
* made corrections on church minutes and emailed to pastor’s secretary

I also did my morning routine – s2s, etc – before leaving the house, went to the post office, made one other DPC (trying to track a package for dh), and played phone tag with dcousin, finally making connection and getting a bat bag from her for dgs.

Oh – I am drinking my water, also, Harriet!

(((Twins))) It’s good that you are honoring the Jewish and non-Jewish traditions for your dmom. You remain in my thoughts and prayers. I know physically, you have just about hit your limit. Good that dd can take care of some things. Please accept any and all help you can in the next few days and try to get as much rest as possible for yourself. (((HUGS)))

So good to see Lilac and helia popping in!

And – I want to add my wishes for a happy anniversary to Mr. & Mrs. Sunny!

And I meant to say I hated that about your grandfather’s house, LadyM! I just don’t understand what people get out of vandalism like that.

I am WAVING TO ALL!!! When I am so PRODUCTIVE ( :lol: LOL!!!!!) it is hard for me to keep up with everyone and respond to all that I want to!
Tomorrow is another day.

MadHouseWitch

Postby MadHouseWitch » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:48 pm

I've been here READING but have not managed to POST! This week seems like a bit of a wash, I've not done nearly what I would have LIKED to but I've done some stuff. I got some things rearranged and some decluttering but the dailies are just barely getting done

Today I'd like to get my clothes folded (my laundry day is MONDAY and that didn't happen, they got done Tues but not finished)
Sheets need washed, DD has been taking over the washer since she has been working in her room.
I struggle some with What MOM wants vs the other stuff going on in the house and the wants of others
yesterday was a day of meetings and it was just broken up enough to make me feel not productive.
I've been fairly low energy this week, and I know WHY I just don't like it HAHA.

also the routine is going to be all cattywampus due to summer break starting this week. We have to get used to the NEW one for SUMMER! and I have to get used to having extra hands *BWAHAHAHAHA*

next up:
Sheets
Laundry folded
dishes

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:26 pm

I walked the dog around the block again it was her idea to do that.
H is home. I need to figure out waterimg. Done.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:41 pm

Supper is finished. Last night's pots and pans are soaking in the sink. All burnables are burning in the barrel.

Housewitch (LOVE the name BIG TIME!!) Instead of doing all the laundry on one day, can you toss a load in every morning until you are caught up? Teenagers need to learn how many hands make light work. Even the ones that sleep in because they are on vacation. As soon as they wake up, they can lend a hand. As in, "Bob, could you please help me get these dishes done so we can go to the beach for the rest of the day?" for example.

So nice to see so many names that I haven't seen in a while... Lilac and Helia!!
Last edited by CathyS on Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”