Standing with you Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Standing with you Thursday

Postby CathyS » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:27 pm

Dh walked in after work and invited me out to Wimpy's for supper. Sooooooo...... omelettes are on hold until tomorrow night.

All of my knitting friends use 100% cotton for dishcloths. One of my friend's used some scrubby textured something from Michael's to make everyone in her family and all of the people in the knitting groups a scrubby for Christmas a couple of years ago. I put mine in my Christmas tree because I didn't want to wreck it and it reminds me of her. Since she did that, she has had 2 more strokes.

Dh has already gone to bed. I'm going to go read. I have less than 100 pages to go to finish the 5th book of the Game of Thrones series.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:49 pm

No CUOP, except to know we are standing with Twins on a difficult day in a difficult week.

I'm downloading today's pwyc so I can catch up off line.

I forgot to wear my pedometer today. That would be the day I got to do a couple of walks.

Dd, dgd and I went to the nearest laundromat, 45 minutes away. We pulled up and dd nearly cried when she saw the front door propped open. She is so tired of bugs and was hoping there'd be a break from them. As we were unloading the car, I commented I hadn't seen a bug yet. And that was outside. Turns out, we were there for over 90 minutes and I only saw 2 mosquitoes inside and precious few outside.

I walked down the highway a bit and enjoyed looking at the cliff rising from behind the buildings along the road. The other side had a river but I couldn't get across the highway on foot.

I then drove to do the shopping while the clothes were in the dryer and then dd and I had lunch across the street (which we drove too!) at a great fish and chips place. No bugs. No bugs. No bugs. Heaven.

On the way out of town I took a small road to the top of the cliff and hiked the 100m to the lookout. I had on no bug spray, hat, or netting. No bugs.

I'm going back there with dgs tomorrow afternoon so we can hike where there are no bugs.

Once home, we were hit by the bugs again. The housekeeper said they were the worst in the 25 years she's been working here. The owner did inside chores today, the bugs were too bad for her to do the planting she had planned.

Dgs slept this afternoon because it was just with his dad so he didn't have other adults to keep him from settling down. We had a delicious dinner of leftovers. I made myself a quiche (with dgs' help) and it was wonderful. Eggs (from our breakfast tray), peppers and onions, salt and pepper (I nearly forgot that but dgs reminded me he needed to mix them in), and sausage leftover from last night. There's a quarter of the pan left for dgs lunch tomorrow.

The fridge is emptying out a bit.

We had s'mores this evening but done in the microwave. The bugs were too bad on the porch to even blow bubbles. It is just awful here.

Tomorrow we hope for better weather. It was rainy here today but just a drizzle. No breeze. Tomorrow there's still no breeze but sunny. High 68.

Dd diagnosed my problem with the computer. It thought the control key was stuck down. It wasn't hardware, just a software issue, solved by a reboot.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:18 pm

Y’all know what? I have about 3 copies of my houseplans that ddad drew.
Sigh. I don’t know why I thought I had let them all get away from me.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”