Standing with you Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Standing with you Thursday

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:37 am

Morning...

Also thinking of Twins this morning. Her weather is 76* at the moment and partly cloudy. Sending prayers, love and hugs.

House blessings are in my future. After my second cup of coffee and Perry first up
it will be:

Clean kitchen
Water flowers
Fold laundry
Vacuum
Steam mop floor
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:44 am

Good luck with all that, Lady M.

"might" be something else in amongst stuff that I could just file or burn.
Or JUST maybe you'll find something good that you definitely won't want to burn. Money would be nice.

Twins, standing in the background thinking of you today. Hope your weather is better than ours.

Cold and rainy here. Lots of flooding in our hometown in central NY -places where I'm pretty sure there's never been flooding before. Know the Binghamton news said that the rain over our hometown was solid purple & stayed that way for quite some time. My aunt posted video on FB of all the rushing water past their place & they're way up on a hill.

Dh and I went to our cardiologist for an echo cardiogram for him this morning. First ones in there. Immediately the one PA said to me, "I JUST received a 42 page report on you. All upside down so I have to print it out before I can read it." Finally my records from the Lakeland FL hospital. Maybe now my cardiologist here can see just what they did.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:26 am

Smiling to think I may have made it in time for the last of graveside moment, to think of Twins' -
Thanks for that nice thought to mention this a.m.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:42 am

Good morning everyone! Or at least it's morning to me. DD17's room is vastly improved. The boxes she kept have been moved to the closet, the few remaining items on the ugly shelf moved to the other, and the ugly shelf is in the shed. Also, her rug is in the shed. It no longer fits now that she has a desk AND I have no easy way to get the cat hair off it. The latter would entail taking the rug outside and applying the shop vac (my only vacuum).

Today in carpool, I started the easiest crochet project on the planet - dishcloth in double crochet using the scrubby yarn. Since my last two projects have hit a point of frustration, I will take a few hours of no-brainer.

Tonight is an animal org board meeting that was moved from last week. I truly wish it were not, because when I have a Thursday evening without DD, I like to go to a knit/crochet group that I seldom get to see anymore. I was so looking forward to that.

LadyMaverick: I recommend calling the doctor's office before the appointment to give the information about the hallucinations. It is quite possible that a doctor might not pick up on the "code" that the cousin is a stand in for your mother. Especially if insurance companies limit appointment times. It is too important to risk not communicating it clearly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:43 am

Dee - YEAH for the information arriving at your current cardiologist.

Those 3 categories accomplished.

Next up -
* Find something to watch online while relaxing with my feet up. I have a little over an hour before I need to be out the door to pick up DMom.

)------editing------

Elizabeth - brilliant idea! Thank you! I just called the doc office and asked them to put a note on DMom's appointment about it. I hope this works to let him know without upsetting DMom.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:50 am

Just talked with the Care Manager at my Primary's office. And....it was she who had sent the 42 pages of records to my cardiologist and not the FL hospital at all. But the end result is good -I'm just not happy that they never got sent from there. This, even after I asked to make sure they'd been sent. I'm sure we're charged plenty for all of that.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:56 am

I started the easiest crochet project on the planet - dishcloth in double crochet using the scrubby yarn.

Elizabeth - you are just a wealth of information for me today. When I go to craft shows I'm always on the lookout for crocheted dish clothes and usually buy all they have when I find them. They are hard to find! I have learned the hard way that some people make/sell them with the wrong yarn and the dishcloths are almost worthless. DUH!! I know how to crochet so why don't I just make them myself? I didn't know there was such a thing as scrubby yarn. (yes, I am clueless). Is this the right yarn to buy to make dishcloths?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:13 pm

Working away at dh's paperwork. ... skippable... Finding stuff from his second divorce, which was nasty and involved a LOT of court paperwork. I gave it all it's own file folder. It's interesting that his first and third wife didn't take his last name and neither one ever caused him grief after the divorce. The second one took his last name and took him to court for spousal support for many years after they split and she was the one that left him! There was also a lot of tax stuff from his third wife all of which was over 10 years old. I called accountant and he said to shred it or burn it. I have it in the burn bag. (I buy large paper bags from the dollar store and put all burnables in them and then just light the entire bag.)

Also finding other paperwork that is getting filed in date order. I also found some historical stuff for him that I filed in a folder and put at the back of the box because it's regarding his dad's funeral service.

I think I found tax info for dh going back 40 years. If I get ambitious enough, I will do one folder for each decade.

I AM finding stuff that is from last year and the year before that should be in with household info for us in a different file box.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:32 pm

LM ~ I used Lily cotton 4 ply yarn. Sugar and cream, and peaches and cream (the generic version) for dish cloths, and hot pads.
I have not made scrubbies and have no knowledge of them.

I am back from the store got Rx and 3 other items I forgot, I decided to not get concrete bird bath bc of the weight.

Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:04 pm

LadyM, I was wondering about the yarn too and looked at what you found. It is 100% polyester. I made a dishcloth once out of something acrylic I think and it wouldn't pick up one drop of water. Not One. I use my dishcloths to wipe counters beside washing dishes. So I tried 100% cotton and that worked better. I'm interested in what Elizabeth has to say. Someone bought me microfiber ones once with netting on the back... and they didn't pick up one drop of water either.

Also interested to find out how the information given to the doctor ahead of time worked. I've been wondering how to tell DH's heart doctor how much he sleeps in his recliner if he isn't out working, and how tired he is when he comes in from when he does work.

Oh, about the nylon scrubbies I made by crocheting... mine fell apart pretty quickly. I sent a nice big one to Sunny, and I'm wondering how long that lasted too.

Thinking about Twins today, how the service went and how she is feeling by now.

So, today I've mended some work shorts of DH's. Decided the pair I fixed is the last time for them. They're getting more patched than original surfaces. Wouldn't have bothered with this pair but these were an especially nice material, sturdy but soft. I also repaired one of his tool carriers, reinforcing and lengthening a velcro strap which keeps it closed. Not very interesting sewing, but helpful to have this stuff done.

Some office paperwork done too.

Cathy, BWTG getting all that organized. I'm sure that will make things easier to find in the future.

My pre-wash cycle also has a separate cup for soap at the very back, hard to see. I'd been pre-washing things without putting soap in anywhere...until DD noticed it and pointed it out. So I guess my clothes were just getting an extra rinse in the beginning!

Time for lunch.

Return to “Post When You Can”