Standing with you Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Standing with you Thursday

Postby lucylee » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:11 pm

Thinking of you today, (((Twins))) and hoping you were able to come home from the visitation and lie down for a while.

Kinda LOL at LordM... ;) (((LadyM)))... yep, I can see Mr. Lucy doing just that sort of thing here.

Cathy -- where do you PUT the bag when it burns? I have considered doing that, but didn't know where to "contain" it for burning. I don't have a metal burn barrel/bucket or anything like that. I suppose it would be fine just sitting in our paved driveway and burning, wouldn't it? (((HUGS))) for all the aggravation and memories of all this stuff you've unearthed, but good that you are able to declutter it from your life!

Guess what!? My dmom unearthed something I had been looking for FOREVER and she didn't even know it! She just told me that she had found the original drawing I did for our house plan and my ddad's blueprints. I could not find one single copy around here and I was just kicking myself for letting them get away, and lo and behold, she comes across it accidentally.
OTOH -- she is looking for a copy of ddad's will and she cannot find it anywhere. I do not think the lawyer keeps a copy of these things. Sigh. OTotherOH, it may be just as well. She is looking for it for one of these "heir finder" things, and it sounds like a reputable agency, listed with the BBB, and they claim she has $4500 coming to her from Medicaid or something -- expenses from ddad's cancer treatment that they paid out of pocket but shouldn't have, I guess? So I don't know if she's doing a smart thing or not, but she says she subscribed to that identity theft program too -- what is it? Lifelock? So maybe my inheritance isn't going up in smoke... ;)

LadyM -- when I needed to tell doctor about dmom's benzo-dependency, I was able to whisper to the nurse as we went in, and she put a note on dmom's chart, but that was just a stroke of luck for me. Someone was going OUT that dmom knew and they got to talking. If I had to do it again, I would definitely call ahead or at least slip the nurse a note. Good that you got the phone call in. I hope it goes okay with your dmom today.

DGS spent the night with us last night and he did not sleep well, ending up in our bed -- but he doesn't remember anything about it at all, just knows he woke up in our bed and had no idea how he got there! He was very restless in his sleep though. His excema is acting up -- they forgot to take his lotion with them while they were out of town -- :evil: :roll: -- and he was scratching and fidgeting a lot in his sleep. He told me he only took one bath while he was gone -- :roll: for six nights! :shock: -- and I asked him if he was being raised by wolves. (He said NOOOO... :lol: ) I'm not entirely sure I believe his account of the one bath, but I'm not entirely sure I DON'T believe it, for that matter. Shaking my head... trying to keep my mouth shut... sheesh...

So far today, I'm very unproductive. Talked to dmom for a long while. She and I are going to a funeral visitation tomorrow -- an aunt of ddad's. We also need to finish up shopping for dgs' birthday gifts, so we were making our plans for the day.
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:19 pm

Great thought for LadyM, Elizabeth. Here's hoping they don't skim past it and it works out.

My 'refurbished' crock pot arrived. I already love it. Originally it was $90 but there was a guaranteed (90 days & I was able to purchase a 4-year product warranty for $3.99). Total was $27.40. If this works I'm a very happy camper (literally). It has a metal insert instead of the ceramic & it's so much easier for me to lift! You can also brown/saute in it. Can also bake though I'm not sure I will.

My Wmart order came too. I bought 8 cans of French style green beans because I couldn't find any in the store. That'll last me the summer. I immediately put my ingredients in for the cabbage soup recipe I make for us and it's cooking away for the next 8 hours or so. Can't make as large a pot as I do in FL but that's ok.

DD asked dh a question yesterday that has him thrilled to pieces. Actually I'm not sure who's more thrilled -dd or dh. Asked him if he'd consider buying a navy blazer -she had asked the head of off ice officials (for the Orlando Solar Bears hockey team) if he might want to hire dh to do some of those jobs. Absolutely! was the answer. Anything from keeping score to being a goal judge, etc. DD works anyway & they can go together. It would give dh something to do over the winter -he gets so bored. They're also putting their resumes' in at the L akeland ice arena that is opening soon. Just for something to do. That's only 10 miles across town. DD is really already 'hired'. She actually 'dropped' a name from the Orlando organization who had told her to tell administration he'd sent her. Just has to submit her resume'. So dh will be going to most of the games in Orlando with dd -if she goes back to work in Clermont/Davenport I'll have to drive him up to her school. But, if she per chance gets hired at the high school in Lakeland, she'll be coming home anyway first. Which probably also means I might go to more games. The only reason I don't is that neither dh or I want to drive back from her school at 11pm.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:34 pm

LucyLee We have a burn barrel that I put everything in and then there is a heavy duty wire mesh covering that someone gave dh that I put over top so nothing floats away and lands anywhere. Just in case. We do have a huge water tank very close to the barrel, but we want things to be safe.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:49 pm

Ahem.

Arts, Crafts and Needlework thread would love to hear all the dish (punny) about adventures in textiles, if anyone has successes. :) Or wants to complain. :D Had another thought about man-made fibers in kitchen items - melting against a still-hot item is something to consider. The person who knows it's man-made may not always be present.

I myself must head over to A, C and N and discuss adventures in flower pressing.

Morning was a good appt for HRH with kidney dr (post in J and C). He was tired afterward and napped. So we are see-sawing in strength as expected. Dd20 was messaging him asking for his attractive handwriting on a project but he was so tired his handwriting was shaky at first, had to put that off.

Picked up the car finally and it has new shoes. It was inspected so I need to pay state again for the privilege of existence ( :roll: ) and I may just go by the DMV to do it so I know it's done right.

Also while we were out, errands to bank and P. O. So glad some things are in the "done" column.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:00 pm

Ha! Ddil says dgs is definitely exaggerating his lack of bathing while visiting the other grandparents. :lol:

They just got back from dgd's evaluation, and of course do not know the final results yet, but they said the speech teacher said dgd would certainly qualify for speech therapy. That's only 30 minutes each week, I believe, but it's better than nothing! DDIL said dgd answered most of the questions correctly on the developmental/cognitive part of the evaluation, so she (ddil) doesn't really have her hopes up for the pre-k program. And with it just being 2 half-days each week, none of us really care. DDIL said the full-day pre-k might be an option next year. They didn't pursue that this year because they thought the other program was going to be the same as when dgs attended. Since dgd will be turning five in November, during the pre-K year, a full-day might be fine for her at that point. (Dgs didn't turn five until the summer before he started the "real" kindergarten program.)

So anyway -- I have some quiet for a bit -- they are gone and dh has gone to get a haircut. I need to clean the bathrooms, but I'm going to wait b/c he will be showering again when he returns.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:28 pm

I sorted a tote of painting supplies so glad I did found brushes & rollers etc. I can use to finish up the shed soon as I get the ladder or better acess to loft area sorted out.
Did two loads of laundry.
Ran a load of dishes and put them away.

Just got back in from the garden found 3 beans ready, this is why vegans are skinny 3 bean dinner!
Plus I figured out what has been eating the beans, the dog! LOL! Leaves bloosems and baby beans she ate while I was weeding.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:27 pm

Popping in to tell you about the dishcloths. I have never made one, but the yarn LadyM picked out is the right stuff. I do not need it to pick up water, I need it as a mild abrasive for my tub. If you do need it to pick up water, I suggest crocheting with a strand of cotton held along with it. In fact, I may change to that and have a few border rows of just the scrubby yarn.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:36 pm

hello dear ones!

I just came home.
took mom to vacuum cleaner place (an hour away)
stopped at garden store
donation place
lunch
we got ice cream too :shock: after the day was done - why do I do that!
stopped by d aunts
cleaners
etc.

I have to do my dailies
ta ta
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:20 pm

Thanks for the ideas, advice & suggestions on the yarn for dishcloths. I'm rather excited that I might be able to have a solution that I can make myself. I've ordered the scrubby yarn in polyester and also 100% cotton. It will be a learning experiment in making and testing each one.

DMom's doctor appointment went okay. I guess. At least it wasn't a complete disaster. The doctor brought up the subject of hallucinations by asking DMom if she has experienced them. I was surprised when DMom told the doctor that sometimes she sees things moving on the floor when she knows there isn't anything there. The doctor asked again while looking at me....silence....then I said: "DMom sometimes remembers things that were said that no one else remembers". The doctor asked me like what.....I wanted to wring his neck for making me say it and embarrass DMom .....I answered saying...DMom has said that I told her that I was going to take a gun and shoot her. DMom instant spoke up and said No I did not! I didn't argue with DMom and the subject was immediately dropped. The nurse gave me a look that let me know that they understood. ANYway, the doctor is now aware that DMom does have some occasional hallucinations. He said they are caused by the medication but they can not stop the medication because that is what controls the Parkinson. Without the meds, DMom would be frozen in a fetal position.

DMom brought up the subject of driving. She put her hand on my knee and said "This daughter thinks I shouldn't drive anymore". The doc and the nurse both agreed that DMom reaction time is slowed by the Parkinson, but the doctor did not say "You can not drive" so DMom considers that she has the doctor consent to drive. I am the only person that has told DMom that it is not safe for her to drive. So she will continue to drive. DBro told me yesterday that when (not IF) DMom has a wreck we will deal with the decision then.

DGS22 join me in taking DMom to the doctor. Then he went with me to get DS10 from DMIL home. By the time we got home, DGS22 spent 6 hours with me doing elder care. He is not a fan of it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:55 pm

Thursday
dd came in the afternoon with her 2 dds. we had a brief look around here, then went to lunch.
Thankfully the busyness of the place I chose was over when we arrived. I'm not sure I chose the 'right' place, although I believe that is the most I've ever seen those 2 eat.
Some action by budding ballerina dgd4. Since her first lesson she begins pvt lessons next week.
dgd7 showed me her ipad art, and text msgs with her bff.
What can I say. dd is busy between child wrangling and home schooling.
It was interesting to see that the phrase ' your not helping' to dgd7 worked. At Christmas time I didn't get that view. 2 special needs spectrum kids.
She had caught up with paternal dgm95 and her cousin and family while on a visit to the north.
I loved a snuggle pic with that grandmother.
I came home, had my normal lunch after downgrading my usual choice at the cafe.
A nap called me when I got home.

friday.
I bathed and washed my hair after not being sure when that last happened.
Expecting helper who takes care of the floors. I need to do a walk though relocating footwear.

(((Twins)))

It is great to read of everyone's progress.

Lucylee - I'm not sure if these exist in US, but here some folk got their hands on an old metal washing machine tub, with holes around the side, to use as a burn barrel. Unfortunately where I used mine the trees have grown over, and I daren't use it there any more. I would not dare burn something without a fire place that prevents it spreading. I need to find a new spot for the 'tub'. Unfortunately there are so often total fire ban times, and burning sticks and branches is frowned upon.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”