The Day After - Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: The Day After - Friday PWYC

Postby CathyS » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:43 pm

Dh came home early. I think that's going to be the new normal this summer. If he doesn't have anything to do, he will come home early on a Friday.

Right now he is cutting the grass.

I got all the empty envelopes and old tax stuff burned. I started by putting three regular size split logs in the barrel, put pre-chopped kindling on top of that and a lot of newspapers and flyers on top of that. A few matches thrown on top and then I let the newspapers and kindling burn and then I put all the other stuff on top. Now it's windy and I can smell the smoke from the logs burning. Good thing I love the smell of wood smoke.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:55 pm

Blessedw2 - that is why I staked around a few plants, and why I banned the guys from mowing bc it was funny to them dson would ask which one of mom's plant did you cut off this week that it was so funny not! Been there with the blow up over the yard. I priced peoneys $50 apeace here you might tell him that it is spendy to replace!

I asked before I take things in at the thrift shop I :roll: have ___________ do you take these?

Got the board needed for shed loft acess. Not much else. Dd called was processing info. When I was over town.

I had lunch, and have a plan for dinner.
Pulled a tote full of weeds this morning.
Went to the used book store in search of a book w/out success.
I have rinsed the dishes.
Picked 8 purple beans they turn green when cooked.
I planted some onions out front nothing else seems to like it there.
Laundry is going.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:35 pm

Twins', the healthy habits, the Dailies, just a little social interaction - not a lot. Quiet is the byword, IMO. You, dh and the children seem to be caring for each other lovingly - that's going to benefit healing so much.

Dd and I had planned a big cleaning morning together but HRH had not let us know (or at least not clearly) that a friend was coming by for a visit. Also dd was zonked after her 4 days of work/classes and didn't wake up early enough before friend came. All we ended up getting done together was lunch for us and for him.

I did call about the course, and learned it was time to go ahead and apply. So I gave final touches to my essays and submitted all by 3:30. They say I'll be informed of their decision in about 10 to 15 days. So I'm going to put all that away and not look at it for a while. I hope I'm accepted, but it's out of my hands.

We also learned that a lot of logging is going to be taking place around here over the next few weeks or months, so that's a little depressing. But I'm sure they will do the best they can to avoid impact on the lives of neighboring people or wildlife.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:52 pm

well I was in a tizzy this morning wasn't I! it's rare that we have a blow up - but it sure was something dumb.
I blew it out of proportion - by having a complaining attitude.
I think on top of it all, I was frustrated and should have just said thank you and do what I needed to do.
I am usually so good about thanking him or taking the time to appreciate him. I was edgy first thing this morning and I should have stepped away. I knew I was the one who started it all. oh my goodness what a stinker i was!

I think when he did the game "I am always wrong" I lost it. I apologized for coming at him with an attitude and admitted I was witchy to a fault. He accepted that and smiled. But I tried to nicely say why I was upset but that I shouldn't have been a jerk I was- that I felt he hadn't heard me or didn't listen to what I had said earlier in the week about letting him know where the flowers were before he rototilled them down - he was then proceeded to that that he was never right and everything is his fault etc. (dh has a tendency to be passive aggressive or play the poor me card to make a point). That was a no no for me and it's a game I won't play. I know how much I try to show and tell him how much I appreciate him and always go out of my way to say thank you and admire what he does.

boy I should have gone for a walk instead of being such a witch.

I try to remember with my dh that he's trying so hard to do the right thing. Sometimes he just doesn't know, or doesn't think to ask, or whatever, and sincerely thinks he's doing the right thing and will be appreciated and praised for it
so so true d twins. thank you!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:57 pm

my brother came over and knocked down our shed for us and dh and I cleaned up.
He did an amazing job and how thoughtful was that!
I had asked him how to take it apart (without killing myself). I had planned on doing it a little at a time.
He had it down in an hour.
It was hard work and now it is gone! it was rotted etc.
dh called the junk people to get an estimate to pick the stuff up. They will be here tomorrow.

dh is quiet and so am I - I think we will have to do some talking - and more apologizes will come from me. I hope he will meet 1/2 way and say sorry for playing the (he) "is always wrong" card.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:07 pm

After delivering funeral food to the church I decided to take a few hours for DS10 and me to spend together. We did a couple of errands then ate lunch at the restaurant of his choice (Olive Garden). Then we did some shoe shopping for him and got a few school supplies. We finished up our Special Time together with sharing a Banana Split. We are together almost every day but it felt good to intentionally do something a little different and acknowledge & appreciate each other.

I was reading through past year journal entry for this day and saw that a year ago xDSIL was starting his month-long stay in ICU. While I was reading through journal entries, it made me realized that it was that event that triggered DGD8 to start living with us full time.

Next up -
** swim pool
** Kitchen
** living room
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:06 pm

I meant to post earlier.

Dcousin's firefighter dh didn't feel they could use the salad, so I took it to the community kitchen - they serve three meals a day to the homeless, offer other social services, and shelter in cold weather. There was a huge amount of salad and it was still fresh so I'm glad to continue dmom's tradition of caring for others. Since I was already downtown, I went 20 more blocks to the cemetery and said hello to mom and dad and dsis.

Ds offered to help me at assisted living so we went and wrapped up what I felt needed to be done today, probably in an hour. We threw some things out, put bed linens and towels in bags for them to redistribute as needed, and emptied mother's tall chest of drawers. We left a few things together that will go home with us. There's a much repaired and not up to code lamp that dbro had repaired that I had there for dmom as something familiar, and an armchair; we will donate both of those. There's the chest and small night table that we will bring home. The finish of both pieces is in terrible shape but it was very nice cherry furniture when purchased ca 1950-1955. I can't let it go yet, and dd or ds might want it yet.

I wrote a very heartfelt note to the rabbi with a contribution to his discretionary fund, suggesting that he should use it to "make real some projects that are close to his heart," and suggested that mother would love knowing that her care for others lives on in his good works too.

I ate well, except for breakfast when I ate cookies and coffee and whatever looked good, and I hydrated, as Nancy suggested. I haven't started trying to get my steps in. I should start keeping up with my blood pressure and stretching, and I need to schedule body work and get my shoulders unhunched and my back unkinked. I think my cold is receding - I was able to sleep without waking up in a coughing fit and going upstairs, although dh still says I coughed plenty. ;)

All in all a decent day, all things considered.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:42 pm

Put on bug spray went for a walk this morning. Bonus - dd could still smell it on me after I scrubbed with soap and water and put on fresh clothes. I could smell it on my hands too, after washing them 3 times. So I was banned from holding baby until I showered (which is tomorrow.)

Had a lovely walk. No sound but the wind in the leaves and birds, plus my foot steps on the dirt road.

Took dgs for a hike this afternoon, a 45 minute drive away. He was asleep before I got to the highway (less than 3 miles.) He slept to the parking lot of the trail, awoken by the rough road up to the ridge. He hiked like a pro (but holding my hand!) Up and down steep rock, stepping over roots. It was roughly 540 yards and we were done in about 30 minutes, including pauses and stops along the way. Had to put on bug spray at the summit.

We washed off at a Tim Horton's and each had a donut hole to celebrate first hike with Nana. Then to the store, gas, and the met daddy and mommy. He's exhausted now. So am I. I'm hoping to go to bed soon.

At dinner I was able to hold dgd after all, since they needed an extra pair of hands.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:06 pm

Twins, sounds like you are doing ok. Just give yourself some 'space' to do whatever you want and not do what you don't want to. Rest is always good.

I had a good day. House blessing done and it looks good around here now. All tidied up. Emptied the tall garbage can in the office, stuffed with papers.

Took my office chair out to the kitchen counter and worked on the arms. For the 2nd time I took them apart and replaced all the padding and the outer material. It was appalling how dirty the old stuff was. We'd done this together just a few years back but DH has a habit of using this chair when he's just come in from working...and all that dirt.... this time I used some outside material which has vinyl backing so I should be able to wash it off.

We had veggies left over and some soup for dinner. Sorta nice not to cook for a change. Tomorrow is pot luck for our elder group at church, and my initial says I bring an main dish, so gotta figure something out. I wish I had one of LadyM's big pans of food!

Dee, sure glad you all are safe.

Return to “Post When You Can”