Journey to the Corners of the Room Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Journey to the Corners of the Room Saturday

Postby Harriet » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:25 pm

Wow, thanks for that recommendation, LadyM. You never know when someone in one of our communities may need to know. I think I can remember that name. I'm so glad it made the work light. Yes, I know the "is something crawling on me?" feeling after even thinking about ticks.

lucylee, you did a good thing to attend. Hope your dmother finds soloing to be like riding a bike and easy to move back into. Bound to be good for her. Along with many who are announcing visits now all at once :roll: , HRH also has his mother calling to ask why he isn't visiting her yet. :lol: Yep, he is instantaneously cured and ready for guilt, Mom.

I tried to nap and actually found it hard but did snooze a bit. The tiredness or weakness is still with me though. I dunno. :? HRH made a late lunch for us and I cleaned up. Storms here have made the day seem tired, too.

The bottom drawer of a set in my kitchen wouldn't close suddenly. Took it out and found a big surprise. 5 potholders had fallen, over time, from the drawer above it into the crevice behind. Finally, I guess, one big enough to stop the drawer fell. And I even found a very nice still-boxed paring knife from the second drawer!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:32 pm

Well I have the mower in the back yard ready to mow but h. Decided we needed to go to lunch and thrifting, scored his 2 filing cabinets and office chair and a door for a desk top and a desk for my sewing! Plus a bowl for a bird bath and planter shelf, and pink fanny pack for walks. We had lunch out and took two trips to refrieve our finds. My desk is reminisque of the style of furnirure we had when I was a kid but now is shabby skiek I had a chair that goes with it. My desk and his chair were half off and the door we got at the habitat store. H. Has his set up now sorting. We can manage these so much easier than a big heavy desk.

The table he was using was mine I have back for my sewing room transition upstairs.more corners are getting cleaned in his office as I type.

H. Got his office set up. I mowed the back yard.
Dinner is in the oven.
I mowed the front yard.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:39 pm

a quick hello! waving at you!
I have been asleep all day (deep sleep) - my body is exhausted and somewhere a headache is lurking - it better stay away 8-)
I even slept when d mom stopped by - she said her heart rate was a little high, but when dd checked it was fine.
I am glad dd was there for her.

I was supposed to go to a concert tonight but had to cancel. But at least I am rested!
wishing you all a good night! d lynlee - good day to you!

d harriet I am glad you took a nap!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:48 pm

Before I went to knitting, I closed the garage door and turned off the lights and the stereo. Saw dh's phone on the freezer and the light was flashing to let the owner of the phone know something had been sent or a call had been missed. It was a text from my dd wishing dh a happy birthday. I was very happy that she didn't forget.

Fried chicken is baking in the oven along with the scalloped potatoes. The kitchen is completely cleaned up and we haven't eaten yet.

I had to go to the store to get more bread crumbs before we started prepping the chicken. Saw 2 beautiful tarts in the bakery. One blueberry and one strawberry. They are hiding in the fridge in the garage waiting for dessert time. No candles... :lol: 8-) I wanted that strawberry tart. It was just sitting there glistening...
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:54 pm

Dh, ds and I went over to assisted living and very quickly and efficiently loaded the things we were taking out. DD has decided that she wants the chair but likely will not like assisted-living-old-people-pee smell of it. She's wanting to reupholster it and its partner. The two chairs were one of the first purchases that dh and I made in our new home together 32 years ago. Since only the unsafe lamp is going to Goodwill I can take the lamp (and chair if needed) there myself. I'm smelling the old musty house smell of my dmom's house that exudes from the chest of drawers and night table.

I begged off going to the pool party/cookout after all and instructed dh to give Z a huge hug for me. I was pretty broken up leaving assisted living for the last time: another transition to weather.

There's nothing I want to do or feel like doing. I napped earlier.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:07 pm

dd younger went to outpatient as she has a horrible rash and welts as well as bruises all over her body and she doesn't know what is going on. they gave her a steroid shot but told her to get a blood test immediately on Monday. She doesn't have a dr. there so we shall see what happens.

d twins I am glad you were able to take a nap. it's good that you stepped back from party so that you can have time for you!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:50 pm

Oh, blessed, hoping she gets over this quickly. I know it must worry you. And every time she sees a new dr she probably has to explain so much all over again.

One more corner explored in the kitchen on a counter where containers were being allowed to multiply. Dining room looks much better, which points out the top of the china hutch and how it needs declutter too!

Return to “Post When You Can”