Fresh Start Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Fresh Start Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:12 pm

LOL, Harriet!

I'm glad dh managed it, he's been frustrated by not completing that. He says he's done with mountains now.

I talked with him at our rest stop on the way home and he said he was stiff this morning but did his daily walk so he wouldn't get too stiff. Then he sat for 3 hours doing up the travelogue and could hardly stand/step when he got up to go to dinner!

I should cook my dinner now, after all it is after 7. I'm not hungry and there's no-one to cook for me. Having all my meals prepared for me this week was lovely. Five of the nights were home cooked food, so it felt much better than when we eat out every night.

Yesterday while dgs and I were chatting on the dock he asked why the cottage didn't have a dishwasher. I said it was because Uncle G and E had gone home! Then he asked again and I said it was because when people are on family vacations, doing dishes together is family time. He really liked helping me with the dishes. Even with the ones he couldn't do (sharp/heavy/fragile), he sat in his high chair and watch me work and chatted with me.

The week was full of wonderful moments like that and dozens of "Big, Squeeze, Bear, Hugs." Twice this week I put him in tears because I'd give him a kiss too and say, "I love you." Best guess as to why, his parents only say "I love you" when they are leaving so he was upset I was leaving.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:18 pm

Kathryn-in-Canada wrote:Twins: Dd bought an old, musty, trunk, once and Febreeze worked magic.

Haha that's funny! It was that Febreeze smell I was trying to get out of the end table wood. I hate that smell! Anyway, glad you had a good trip.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:10 pm

Put numerous dryer sheets on or in something stinky. A bar if your favourite soap will also work.

Dh and I sat out in the back of the garage area and burned some wood in our fire ring. I came in before it got completely dark. I love living in an area without streetlights.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:36 pm

I'm back to the world of traffic noise and no night sky, just light pollution. Not that I saw the night sky while at the lake - only a fool would venture outside at night. But walking back one night after dark was tricky, even with an almost full moon.

I put out the mass email about the meeting next week. And did a load of laundry.

Dishes aren't done. I stopped typing this in order to take my vitamins.

I think my heart and the better part of my brain was left at Hay Lake.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:12 am

Dgs and I enjoyed church with my dmom, and she did a good job. She said she thinks this is the first time she has sung a solo in public since ddad died. She did one of his favorites — Build My Mansion Next Door to Jesus.

When I took him home, ddil and ds were doing clean and declutter of the play area in the back of thei den — which unfortunately is the main entry area of the house. I offered to help and they actually let me! So — a small area of the den is now clear and somewhat organized... but oooohhhh... y’all wouldn’t even believe how much more to go.
I don’t think anyone in that house understands the principal that this has to be ongoing... a tidy house is never a one-and-done event. It just amazes me.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”