Fresh Start Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Fresh Start Sunday

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:49 am

I appreciate having an opportunity to start fresh each day and each week.

I wipe away my blunders and failed attempts and start with a clean slate.

What are your ways of starting fresh?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Fresh Start Sunday

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:57 am

I started with a clean slate with my morning walk. I pushed myself out the door and did it this morning and now I'm glowing inside & out (sweat) with satisfaction that I followed through.

I noticed this past week that I was struggling to keep up with the grandkids when we were walking through stores, or parking lots, etc. We have always walked the same speed but suddenly it seems they have all started walking faster! OR....maybe it is me that has changed the pace of my walk? Truth. I am slowing down. That made me remember the phrase..... Use it or lose it. I don't want to lose the ease of walking so that motivated me to restart my daily walks. Nothing special just 30 minutes of nonstop walking and swinging my arms at a good pace.

next up -
** Personal AM
** Drinks & food prep
** Swim pool
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:58 am

d lady - this came at the perfect time for me.

I am trying to figure out how to work things out: have a good talk with dh about the other day so that we can be on the same page again. I don't think we are there yet. I am so used to being together on things; I really want to have a good sit down talk and get his feelings out.

With d mom home I am falling behind on my work here at the house. I have to balance time at the house for work, time with dh, dd older, others, and especially d mom to keep her moving forward. She has been happy but I am not getting things done.

I haven't had me time. no beach and no woods and definitely nothing that makes summer lovely. (not feeling sorry for myself at all - just a fact).
I have to change this.

d lady - I am with you on the use it or loose it. my goal this week is to get back to walking and stretching.

What a lovely way to start Sunday - wiping off the blunders and moving forward. We are all human!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:01 am

hello all. thank you again d lady for starting us on this spanking new brilliant Sunday!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:54 am

I don't think I posted at all yesterday -read I know, but evidently never posted. It was a really do nothing day for me. I definitely need to get back on the wagon & get my tail "waggin". :lol:

I put a new thread in the kitchen topic. Figured LadyM's recommendation needed saving somewhere. Please feel free to post any special 'recipes' you happen on for inside and out. Weed killer, "elephant snot", you get the picture.

We were going to go to church this morning but I just couldn't seem to get myself in the groove. Realized that what was dragging me down was most likely a migraine. Took med for that and am slowly recuperating. Think I'm going to a nearby town with dd in another hour & a half or so. Forgot why she needed to go but one reason to go the direction we're going is she needs gas. By using my card at B J ' s she can get gas almost $.25/gal cheaper than anywhere near here. I remember now -she has to go to the S print store as dpuppy pulled her phone off Friday & broke the glass. She has some sort of insurance & can get it replaced cheaper.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada-DH

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada-DH » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:02 am

Good morning, Ladies! I hope everyone is well. For those who have been following my travels, you should know about my latest additions.

Last week I thought my week of travel was going to be quiet.

It wasn't.

Yesterday, I finally climbed to the summit of the longido rock on Mount Longido (third attempt over the years!).

And some other stories about the children in my class, how to carry a baby, and (as requested by some) I added to the beginning a map of where exactly I am in Africa.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/june-201 ... ken-holman (you do not have to be a member of LinkedIn to be able to read this).

Safari njema! Thank you, again, for your interest in reading my stories.

. . . . . . Ken

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:47 am

waving to d dee and d kathryn as well!
I need to wag my tail as well d dee! lol
thanks for sharing d kathryn

I need to list everything today as I am in a fog. (sorry ahead of time) 8-) ;)
dishes emptied from dw
counters cleaned
talked to dd younger
talked to dh and dd older
talked to d mom
I made coffee to have during week for iced decaf coffee.
next work outside on pool I think. I should do dailies first. my want is outside but inside my brain says : finish the process.

check in again. :D
changed one cat litter and washed it out.
vacuumed first floor well

lunch - done
found something from d mom's living place to do with her. June 29th. I think she will like it.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:00 pm

I am Still working on corners my office as this was a 2 day journey for us, more musical furnature in that room. I have the dresser and work table where I want, I am sorting paper supplies & putting stuff away. The printer and paper for the printer went in hubby's office. Taking a break to s2s, then walk the dog around the block. Then lunch. Done. I will be doing more on this for zone work this week if I do not finish by Mon.
Trying to complete the process.

Waving to every one!
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:36 pm

I keep thinking that "I'll feel like doing ______________ (fill in the blank) tomorrow." Sometimes I do but often I don't. I sent dh to the grocery for me. Z (our "other" son) came by with his significant other and his ddad for a visit. I'm kind of piddling around the house putting things to rights slowly.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:35 pm

Hi!

I finally finished the last of the original 5 books of Game of Thrones. The last one took a lot more time than it usually takes for me to finish a book. UGH! Talk about boring. The last 10 pages or so were good, but much like I have heard and read, it doesn't clear up a lot of things.

Dh thanked me for such a nice day yesterday as we were going to bed last night.

I didn't do any laundry yesterday, so I have 2 loads to do between now and bedtime.

Supper is left over chicken and some cold salads that we bought this morning.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”