Fresh Start Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
RunKitty

Re: Fresh Start Sunday

Postby RunKitty » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:45 pm

That's the perfect way to start your day with a clean slate, LadyM. Glad you could get your walk in. "Use it or lose it" is the reason I have started adding 30 or more flights of stairs to my daily exercise requirement. My mother recently had one of those seats installed that takes you up and down the stairs at glacial speed. I never want to have one of those, so I am taking steps (!) to avoid it.

Twins', please don't push yourself. You need lots of peace and quiet. If you could manage it though, a walk first thing in the morning might help. Just being out in nature could really be restorative. ((Twins'))

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:23 pm

I napped. For some reason seem extra light headed today. Dh has gone to a nearby accident (an ATV rollover with a 16 year old pinned underneath. Sure he was picturing DS-A & when he was pinned under a farm tractor all those years ago & he finally decided: "I'm going".)

DD and I went to town & made several stops: Dropped several bags at G oodwill & went in the store looking for a navy blue blazer for dh (to wear this winter at Orlando Solar Bears Hockey games) but didn't find one. They're only $6.83 there & for how seldom he'll wear it -perfect. We have a few more we'll check at before the summer's out. Then we went to B J ' s for gas, to the S print store to get glass replaced on her phone. They told her to call tomorrow as the glass hadn't come in & to plan on leaving it for a couple of hours. Next to A ldi's & lastly to Tim Horton's for lunch. The last 3 were all right together.

It's beautiful out & if I get feeling better will try to walk -at least down to dd's for dinner around 6:30 or so.

Just keep taking it slow & easy, Twins. Your body needs lots of healing.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:49 pm

Yes, Twins — allow yourself time to rest and heal. Maybe not to the point my dmom did in her Ativan-Norco induced haze, but do not rush yourself to be all and do all for everyone everywhere. You’ve done so much for others for so long; now just give yourself some time. Like others said — maybe a brief walk in the morning, drink your water like Harriet is always telling us, take a nap when you need a nap.

Speaking of dmom, I am sooo glad that is all over. Dgs and I are going to church with her tonight — don’t know if anyone else in the family will make it or not.
Dh is about worn out. He says having two dgrands at once is just too much for him.

Speaking of which, this is no matter to dh, bc I did all the work, but last night I put dgs yo bed and he looked sleepy. The bedroom was all neat and orderly. Dgd slept on a pallet in our room.
This morning, dgd and I walked in their bedroom and it looked like a bomb had gone off!!!
Dgs said: l couldn’t fall asleep.
He had a ton of toys out, plus 4 applesauce pkgs, and I don’t know what all.
I am just shaking my head.
We got it all put away before church, though, bc we had 11:00 church today.

I have been to Wmart, and put away all that stuff... done my allergy shots... paid newspaper man... and good gracious... it’s almost 4:00!
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:31 pm

hello lucky and lovely lucy
hello darling dee
hello kind kitty
hello caring cathy
hello terrific twins
hello nifty nancy
hello heavenly harriet
hello courageous Kathryn
hello lovely lady
hello all

we worked for a long time on the pump for the pool and moved some stones as well. (lots of trips to the pool store).
time for a shower and pick up d mom for dinner.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:32 pm

I have laundry going. I cleaned out the other desk I was using. :mrgreen: Sent dgd a message to see if she needs it for collzge she is going to continue living at home. One load of laundry is dry and folded. The last load is in dryer. Journals are current. So are the dishes.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:36 pm

Hello! Busy couple days here. Lots of stuff going on.

Sat. was a pot luck at church and I went with DH to warehouse store to get something to bring and we ended up doing a big shopping at next store. My phone was ringing during that time and I waited to answer a couple calls till I got home...

And then all the plans changed...or rather added to.... and more phone calls made. DH helped me get the chicken salad sandwiches together because it was getting late. I returned a couple phone calls on the way to church.

It was funny, I'm never that busy, only 2 or 3 people ever call me on that phone... and I had everybody calling at once with news and I couldn't get back to everyone timely. One lady even called my DH's phone when I didn't answer to see where I was.. :roll: .. and I called her back.

We made plans to get up to see Sunny and her DH tomorrow before they skip town soon. :cry: Today we took freon to someone's house to help her recharge her car a/c...all the while talking about our a/c which isn't working. We watched about 5 u-tube videos and figured out a possible problem and spent a couple hours working on the car. Otherwise we'd have had to take a truck up the road for our visit tomorrow. We think we got it fixed, and if it's not it'll be a new clutch plate to get the a/c compressor working. It's a magnetic thing and if it's too far apart it won't connect...so we managed to get a spacer out. Crossing my fingers. It was working in the garage.

So 3 days this week I'll be out with social stuff or appointments. And at least one day next week. I'll be ready to sit in a corner quietly when all this is over.

DD and DGD are coming up tomorrow also, it'll be a real reunion!

Twins, I bought a wood end table at a thrift store a couple years ago and it had a funny smell. I used several different cleaners on it and could still smell it. So I set it outside in the sun for a couple hours and all the odor disappeared. I think that was the trick that worked!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:01 pm

I see Kathryn's light is on. Waiting to hear how the rest of the vacation was. Nice to see her dh posting as well.

We have found a new-to-us channel This Old House. I used to watch that many years ago and dh watches it frequently. Having a channel where you can watch the same house from start to finish is nice.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:02 pm

There's no chance I'll push myself. DH, on the other hand, likely will. :shock:

I have to walk the ddog morning and evening so we have a short slow walk covered, lol. I am hydrating and trying to eat well. I'm still sleeping poorly from this cough - I'm to the point that it may be allergy. It's been 1.5 weeks since I got sick with this. I slept in our bed last night.

Tonight we're having a chicken pot pie that a friend brought on THursday p.m. She brought two so one went into the freezer. I'll make a salad to go with it.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:11 pm

Good spotting me, Cathy!

I'm home.

I was very sad to leave but I am happy to be home.

I've just spent 20 minutes looking at availability for us to go back. August is out (almost fully booked.) I'll book August 2020 while I book whatever I book for the fall.

The drive home was fun. I took the backroads and enjoyed the curving roads and stunning views of the highlands.

I let the others go ahead and skipped the lunch stop at 11, instead making it to MF's town for the second stop. We had planned on using the museum grounds again but as I arrived, 30 minutes before the others, the pipers were practicing in the parking lot. It was the 50th anniversary of the museum so we switched to the visitor's centre at the edge of town. It has a caboose so that amused dgs along with the promised bubble blowing with me.

I went straight to dd's to drop off their stuff and give dgs a big hug goodbye. I'll miss him but I'll also enjoy the peace and quiet.

I was home at 4:30 and fully unloaded by 5:15.

Dinner tonight will be stuffed potato skins. I'm glad I have 1/2 a carton of milk left. I completely forgot I had taken all my milk to the cottage.

Now, to read up on dh's week.

Twins: Dd bought an old, musty, trunk, once and Febreeze worked magic.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:04 pm

Congratulations, Ken-in-high-elevation.

Return to “Post When You Can”