Monday Ongoing

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Monday Ongoing

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:21 am

I have a Benadryl hangover this morning. I took two 25mg last night in an effort to sleep better and not cough so much but I woke up coughing at 12 or 1 and moved upstairs. I think its the same cough that I get in the a.m. and it's allergy at this point, so I need to add in the Nasonex and see if that helps. I should have done that already.

Dh suggested I not cook tonight and he's wanting to go out for dinner. That would probably be good for me, I hope when the time comes I can do it.

I cooked myself an egg omelette this morning with spinach and cheese. The fruit bowl left from Thursday has a funky smell/taste to it so it's toast. I opened the greek yogurt and it has stuff growing too.

I know that the funeral home submits a form to social security. I'm not sure whether that info goes to the VA (Veterans administration) so I need to check on that. The local guy who helps with that is out of the office today so I"ll try that again tomorrow. I'm on hold with the the former employer from whom she had a pension.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:24 am

I think a big thunderstorm with rain would be good for me, or a day of rain. The storms keep passing us by in the daytime and I'm managing to somehow sleep through the night time storms.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:31 am

waving at you all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:52 am

I'm not doing well with my plan to sit and watch a show. So far I've watched 30 minutes of "Night Shift" on Netflix but I got up 3 times during that 30 minutes to do something because I don't like to sit for long.

On the other hand, I'm doing great at working my way through my dailies and weeklies that are due today. I also went outside and painted the parts of the septic system that is above ground. I paint it each year with camouflage paint so it fades into the background and doesn't draw attention to itself.

I'm feeling energized and want to do things so I'm not going to make myself sit here without taking breaks. I'm feeling kinda weird in that I'm taking breaks from sitting and resting.

I now know it isn't the physical part that needs a break as much as it is the mental/emotion side of me needing one. We are in week #6 of extended care with DMIL plus DMom constant needs. With DH gone doing 12-hour shifts with his DMom, there isn't anyone here to pass the childcare baton to and go off duty for a bit. It helps me to stop, analyze and realize what is causing me to feel the extra load.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:07 pm

Played a bit of a game with myself just now to get myself up and off of the computer. ALL clean laundry and ALL clean dishes are put away for 12!

Dh popped by to pick something up and told me he has a "Very big" job this afternoon and he wouldn't be home for lunch.

I think I am going to wipe off the kitchen table and clear the crossword puzzles off and sort some paperwork. I had considered going to the library and looking at the free books, but my body is saying I'm not going to far from the bathroom for a while.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:12 pm

You are such a wise woman, LadyM, to figure out what you are needing. Caregiving wears down on everyone in the family, doesn't it?

I am in the depression phase of grieving. I can't think of anything that I could do or buy or read or eat or drink or anything that would help me feel better right now. Maybe more of the rye bread that I should get rid of, but that wouldn't last long, and dh has been eating some of it. I should ask him if it's okay to let go.

I can identify with Harriet putting her home back to rights. That's how I feel after our Rosh Hashanah reception, or a big party. And now.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:19 pm

Sending cyber hugs, Twins.

Just returned from the post office. Think the postmistress and I (fingers crossed) have worked things out so we should start getting our mail here again. Showed her the picture dsonil sent me yesterday of the 'change of address' form which was sent here and the yellow sticker put on it and it was sent back to FL. Not sure what happened. But when I did the last 'change' I got the receipt saying "temporary" and someone somewhere evidently hit the wrong key & it became a 'permanent' change. We're hoping this does it! Think I got it all straightened out with health insurance this morning.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:41 pm

Hi everyone! My dance performance went well Friday and there was a live band after, so I got more dancing in. Friday was also payday, but this will be an ugly month. Long term care insurance annual premium is due and I have to buy tickets to Mobile.

My weekend plans got changed in a hurry! DD17 was in CO with her other family, so I thought I had a free weekend and planned accordingly. They got back early, so she came early, arriving just after I got the cats back from clinic. Since I went from there to an RV place, she came with me. I'm glad she did because her input caused me to change my "selection". (Selection is in quotes because I did not BUY anything, my task that day was to set a savings goal). I want an R-POD 172 (http://www.forestriverinc.com/rvs/travel-trailers/r-pod/RP-172/969). My previous choice was the 171, but DD pointed out the advantages of a queen bed and two bunks vs two queens. The next chore on camper-quest is a visit to my financial planner for either a bucket of cold water on all this or a plan to achieve it.

DD did like the massive clear out of her room in preparation for its repainting. Sunday's plan was a bike ride with a friend that turned into a hike. It was one of DD's favorite people, so adding her was not a problem. A good time was had by all. This same friend is putting together a campout and I realized that it was a weekend that the x had not requested, so I requested that time. Well, the x said he had a camping trip planned that weekend and he had told me he wanted it. I seriously doubt that, because when we went over scheduling he WATCHED ME PUT HIS AND MY TIMES IN MY DAYRUNNER!!! No, he is just being a turkey. His solution is to have DD decide where she wants to go, which I think is a terrible thing to do to her. She is leaning toward going with me. We will be two people in an eight person tent vs five people in a popup camper, one of whom is her stepbrother. I'm worried she will choose me and the x will make her life a misery for it, despite claiming to be ok with whatever she decides.

My recommendation for Harriet on facing an onslaught of visitors: maid service! You have enough to deal with, hire this out.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:12 pm

At 3:15 I am setting a timer for 15 min to work toward at least finishing a.m. routine today.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:48 pm

I worked 30 min and I'm breaking for 30 min now. I need to fold some laundry when I go back and perhaps swiffer/sweep some dog fur.

Elizabeth, I love the camper. Cozy, but enough room to maneuver.

We have severe T-storm coming in...

Return to “Post When You Can”