Tah Dah Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Tah Dah Tuesday

Postby lucylee » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:31 pm

That is great, Elizabeth! So happy for you!
Tomorrow is another day.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:32 pm

WTG Elizabeth!!

Dh and I just came inside. We went outside after we watched a bit of the 6 o'clock news and we stayed out all this time.

For those of you that don't see me on FB, our wisteria bloomed AND we have strawberries!! Oh, we also have tomatoes starting! We did have a storm last night but I slept through it. Dh didn't.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:19 pm

I curated and resized vacation photos and then wrote the first part of my travelog and sent that out.

Off to bed now.

All but 2 items (one easy, one hard) were done from my list for today.

Tomorrow will be busy with the bus meeting but I'd like to finish the travelog. Then I'll post the pictures up on google so you guys can see them.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:39 pm

Elizabeth - Congratulations! You did a great job of analyzing your wants and needs then researching the options that would work the best for you. I'm so happy for you!

Cathy - YES!! So much activity in your yard and garden. Flowers, fruit and vegetables!

I am pleased with the number of things accomplished on my list today.

I have been thinking about phases of life and how quickly they seem to pass when looking backward. DS10 is attending his very last year of VBS this week. This school year will be DS10 last year in grade school. Next year he will be in Jr High. Somedays I think I can't do this......but looking backward shows me that it is getting done. One day at a time.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:28 am

Was today Mr. Harmony’s birthday? Happy birthday, Mr. Harmony!!!

I’ve been looking at years past on this date...
Tomorrow, dgs turns seven! So amazing how scared I was to be a grandmother, and how obsessed I am with him and his little sister now.

T-ball is sooo frustrating to the old ball coach in this house. Dgs — in his second year, remember — still spends most of his time with his glove in his mouth, chewing on it... and oftentimes he is squatting down with his butt on the ground. If he ever moves from his spot, it is to spin around and look at the scoreboard, or to kick up a cloud of dust, ala Pigpen in the Peanuts comic strip.
Last night he spent a large amount of time drawing in the dirt. I went to the dugout and told him he was not Jesus; to quit writing in the dirt. He said, “I’m keeping up with balls and strikes.” Which he definitely WAS, because he called the count out, loudly, if anyone from the other team had strikes. Coach told him they ought not to heckle the other team at this age.
Sigh.
At least he does hit pretty well, but tonight he refused to run when a wild ball would have advanced him from first to at least third, and when he did cross home, his run didn’t count because he didn’t touch the plate.
Dh — about to lose his mind... no way HE could have ever coached this age. He said tonight, “I’m getting too old for this.” LOL.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:38 am

Thanks so much for the glimpse of your coming-true plans, Elizabeth!

Happy adventure, Sunny and dh. All best wishes!

You and Harmony should video-conference! You need to keep each other in line.

BookSaver, I hope tomorrow finds you flushed with excitement over normal utilities.

No, lucylee, I only do the Focus Cleaning for a schedule. I have never learned about zones or other through-the-house-in-each-month plans, so it wasn't me doing both. I do better with through-the-house-4-times-a-year, I guess, with weeklies. I should really post more often in the cleaning threads. I guess I always figure I'll just be saying : "here I am where you expect me", when it's obvious. But really, I'm likely to be having problems I could mention :roll: and get some input. Or brag? :lol: not!

Oh, I misunderstood! :oops: Sorry, lucylee, now that I read your post more carefully (and see the post below), YES you are right that I try to declutter a space in the week ahead of the week I'll be cleaning it. Sometimes that helps a good bit when life allows, and cleaning goes more smoothly with clearer surfaces.

i shouldn't trust reading posts when I'm tired!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:44 am

I thought you were decluttering in advance of the focus area, Harriet. Sticking with the 4 rounds, but kinda preparing for cleaning? Maybe someone else did that? Maybe I dreamed it, LOL.

Anyway, my bathroom is looking better, but I need to move on. If I don’t at least attempt to keep up with our rounds, as Peg Bracken says, eventually I’ll have to saw off the back bedroom.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:12 am

the focus is zones. it's exactly the same except at different times than mine. You work in an area - a couple things only - a week. :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”