Tah Dah Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Tah Dah Tuesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:12 am

I'm hoping to hit some Tah Dahs today. What are your accomplishments? Do tell.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Tah Dah Tuesday

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:20 am

If you even hit ONE Ta Dah, Twins, feel good about that. It takes time for sure.

We're leaving in about an hour to meet friends in Olean, NY. DD is driving. Need to get dh's clothes around. Hope to get back later.

Just called our car/RV insurance agent to let them know our address HAS NOT CHANGED! YI YI YI. I'm starting to get calls from different places to confirm our "address change" -no it has not! Almost as much a nightmare as identity theft. Bet I get a notice from NY State before too long.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:21 am

I had some tah dahs yesterday. I checked with funeral home re: social security and called re: dmom's pension to notify them. I scheduled body work for tomorrow morning.

Today I hope to get groceries and go to dmom's bank and call two boy dcousins. Also Veterans admin, whether the local guy or the toll free number where I'll wait a long long time. That may be too ambitious but we'll see. I'm feeling the vague stirrings of some energy again.

I woke up coughing at 6:30ish and got on up. I know of only one other coughing fit in the night, don't remember the time if I checked it, but got up and got a bottle of water and sipped a little.

Dh is out tonight.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:51 am

Hi!

I slept in again. My gall bladder is acting up.

Roomba is going. Bed is made.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:59 am

Dee: I missed what triggered the 'address change' crisis. It is often the first step to identity theft, that's why I want to know why you think it isn't.

I'm up and at it. Dh's call got me out of bed and I decided to dress before tea and chocolate today. Heavy rain had me up at 6:15 to shut the windows, not because the rain was coming in but because it was so noisy! It is terribly grey here today and I have to turn on lights. But 'they say' it will clear up in the afternoon.

I have a long list of Ta-Da's to get at. I'm still waiting for a feisty little old lady to drop by with a petition she wants me to post in the mail rooms. God help anyone who gets in her way! She's fighting the changes to the bus service with all her might.

I had a good day yesterday. Four loads of laundry, some Monday chores, errands and tidying. This morning I put away the clothes on the drying rack and tidied up the last of the items from the trip and repacked my purse. My bedroom is ready for me to blow through there with the vacuum and dusting rag. Because it is so tidy, that's a 15 minute chore at most.

Sermon work is the variable. I've started making notes and will put out my exegesis book to read while I eat. I have 2 more podcasts to listen to while I work. Bills to pay, a deposit for the September cottage booking, and some paperwork. So a mixed day of goals.

Cathy: (((gall bladder hugs)))

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:23 am

Good morning, villagers ~
It's always something, right? Today for me it's suddenly no water, and city hall said it's a broken water main. Could it be caused by the workers demolishing a little bridge less than a block from me? Hmm ...

So anyway I need to find alternate projects for today that do not involve water. I was in the middle of washing dishes but they can wait. I caught up laundry over the weekend. Luckily I have a pitcher of drinking water on the counter and what's in the Brita filter pitcher plus some lime flavored fizzy water in cans -- but nothing to flush the toilet. Oh well, I guess if I get desperate I'll go beg for water from the library and fill a couple buckets in the janitor's closet there.

This is a good reminder that we should have some extra water stored in the house for emergencies. No need to worry about the zombie apocolypse -- it's usually just somebody down the street digging where they shouldn't be digging!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:29 am

The reason that the address change came into being is that we had filed a TEMPORARY change of address from here to FL for a short period. Someone at the post office evidently pushed the PERMANENT change instead. Have it straightened out with the post office right now, but our investment counselor called yesterday because they were notified of the address change. So I proactively called our insurance company today. Afraid NY state will be sending a notice of need to change our licenses. :( :roll: :shock:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:42 am

BOOK!!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:44 am

I will be downtown today
it's going to be humid!

throw your ta da's at me today!!! I can't wait to hear about your day!

praying your gallbladder relaxes d cathy

hello hello
it is always a joy to be here with you!

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:49 am

Hello hello blessedw2!

1 step forward, 1 step back -- not progress, but not getting worse.
or did I just jinx it? :?

Return to “Post When You Can”