Tah Dah Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Tah Dah Tuesday

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:56 am

I looked through my sleep logs this morning and am absolutely thrilled to see that I now sleep an average of 8 hours. I haven't slept less than 8 hours (weekly average) since April. My normal sleep hours used to be 5-6 hours a night. I have been working on my sleep habits and it feels wonderful to see the progress.

I walked the kids to VBS this morning. They rode their bikes. I took a picture of DGD8 riding her bike and sent it to DD.

DH is doing his bi-weekly volunteering at the Clothes Closet then he will head out to do his shift with his DMom. I bought an Alert system for DMIL to use and it arrived yesterday. DH will hopefully get it set up today and start testing it. The goal of the alert system to leave DMIL alone for a few hours a day when all is calm and she is watching TV.

My 78 year old cousin dropped by for a visit yesterday. I enjoyed every moment of the visit because he is an awesome guy. DCousin has struggled with Parkinson disease for years but has kept active doing a huge garden during the summer month. During the winter months, he goes fishing and builds wooden vehicles (think tonka toy size) for kids. Almost every day of the year you will find DCousin driving around and giving the fresh vegetables, fish, and toys away. I admire him greatly. But I am also a bit shocked and scared for him about what he shared with me yesterday. He told how he has "dreams" that seem real and he participates in them. He "dreamed" someone was breaking into the house and when he "woke up" he found that he had knocked furniture around and thrown some furniture. He told how last week "he wasn't paying attention" and ran a stop sign, went across a busy highway and drove on the railroad tracks. When he realized what was happening he kept driving until he got the pickup off the railroad tracks. He blew out 3 tires and had to replace all the wheels on his pickup. I told DCousin that I talked to DMom's neurologist last week about DMom having hallucinations from the Parkinson disease. DCousin was quick to say that he doesn't have hallucinations. I didn't argue with him but from a non-educated medical person it sure appears that is what he is starting to experience.

Next up =
** Personal AM
** swim pool
** Container plants
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:02 am

One major TA DA here is that dh actually went to his dentist appointment. He ran in, got changed and ran out again. Stayed long enough to ask why the Roomba was sticking out from under the couch. I thought she had docked herself. :oops:

Depending on what dh can or cannot eat for lunch will depend on what's for supper. If he eats the leftover pasta, I will have to come up with something else. If not, we are having leftover pasta for supper.

Currently waiting for a water delivery. We have less than 1000 gallons in the tank and the water pressure shows it.

Booksaver "If it's yellow, let it mellow, if it's brown, flush it down." We also have a small paper bag beside the toilet for used toilet paper that gets burned every day. You can pour any liquid into a toilet tank to help it flush if the water is off. Even a bottle of flat soda or a cup of tea or coffee that you aren't going to finish.

I need to go to the bank but I will wait until dh has come back home to change back into work clothes.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:17 am

Morning...

All morning routines done and foot prints picked up. Perry is on and my second cup of coffee is sitting next to me.

I blessed my home last week and did all my laundry so everything is caught up. I had several migraines last week and I believe they were set off by intense sun light. I wear dark sunglasses and a hat while outside but sometimes that doesn’t help.

Temps are headed towards 110* and the largest wild fire in the country is abt 10 miles from my home. It’s headed away from me but still you can smell the smoke so I’m staying inside as much as possible.

I have some desk work to do, mostly reorganizing some files so that should keep me busy for a while.

Dee ... hope you get your mail straightened out. Cathy feel better.

Waving to y’all :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:19 am

Oh oh.... dh just came in to get changed and he wasn't a happy man. They didn't numb his gum before sticking in the needle to freeze him. Then the dentist made some comment about how he was more sensitive today. Hygienist started working on him and after she did something "4 times" that made him "jump" he said "That's it!" and got up out of the chair and left. Talk about "growly bear".... he isn't mad at me but, boy, is he ever mad.

I guess we will be having leftover pasta for supper. Nice and soft, not too much chewing involved.
Last edited by CathyS on Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:23 am

I am up, planning & journal done, I have walked the ddog. Forecast was sun they missed it clouds and we had a bit of rain, glad I took the unbrella. :mrgreen: painting a small bucket to try out new paint, and some techniques.Trash day got it to out the curb. Watching a bujo set up vid. I will be starting a new one next week. I need to test some paints & colos mixes, decided to do that on rocks and cardboard thought of that on our walk. H. Is going to get the ac going again in the car after work today yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:09 pm

Nancy, I started a new Journal this week. It isn't a bullet journal, it's the Best self journal. They're supposed to last three months - 91 days - and I started the old one on Jan 30. Unfortunately I didn't use it much during the Trigeminal Neuralgia episode, and I don't always use it on weekends.

When I get some mojo back I need to do some portfolio work again.

A Tah Dah! I finished the a.m. routine before 11:30!

Another Ta Dah from yesterday - I processed all the basil in the refrigerator in the food processor with a little oil, and then froze in a silicone mini muffin pan. This is an experiment, I love fresh basil and it's hard to come by the winter. Hoping this will work to add a little to a sandwich or soup or a sauce. I love to make my summer wrap with hummus, meat, tomatoes and fresh basil leaves.

Heading out now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:30 pm

Hi everybody! It seems unusual that things appear to come in waves. So many of you are in some sort of transition. Lots of changes to adapt to. I guess that's normal for life.

Here, we were gone one whole day but it feels like I've been gone a couple weeks. Funny how one day threw me off so much. Course, we were especially busy a couple days before just to get ready for Monday, so that's why things got backed off.

I hung up a LOL last evening which got washed the night before... and brought up a couple things left out to dry Sunday evening. We lost Sunday to church and then the afternoon of work on the car. By the way, this A/C work fixed it and we were both remarking how cold the car felt. We were readjusting the vents and turning things down, but that is certainly better than being hot in a car for hours.

Our trip was wonderful. Course, driving through big city traffic with everything going 70+ MPH is about my least favorite thing to do ever. I'm not a good passenger in a car anyway, and this just about puts me over the edge. Unfamiliar roads especially with a lot of construction make it worse. Very stressful. But we were safely up there and back, and no getting lost.

There were 7 of us at lunch with a very nice visit afterwards at Sunny's house. I thought she looked very nice for living in the sea of boxes! Just remembered today that I never did get the pictures of her and my BiL that I wanted... so DD is tasked with that on the day she gets up there with her sons. Boy, every one of us in my family have a lot going on. Lots of traveling, a transmission breakdown, 2 moves and house buying and selling. So we are all in a whirlwind right now.

I will forever have in my memory the picture of Sunny standing in front of her house watching us pull away.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:35 pm

I'm back from running errands around the building. That was productive, got three different signs posted in each of the mail rooms, plus met with the building manager about the food truck.

She's in a good mood today and the truck can't go in its regular spot due to construction but she'll give up her parking spot for us or let us use the guest parking lot. It is so nice to have a good conversation with her, that has been lots of work to build trust with her. It has taken years but she knows I'm say what I mean, mean what I say, and am looking to make this a better place. Other residents have heard the rental agent pointing out our signs and saying we are active so they are using my residents' association as a feature of the building (despite me hauling them into the landlord tenant board from time to time!)

So that knocks two items off my to-do list and adds another.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:12 pm

Hi everyone. Lunchtime break, so here I am! Our temps this past week have been over 90* with feels like up over 100*

BookSaver, hope your water issue doesn't take long to fix!

Lady M, (((your dcousin))).

Cathy, (((your dh))).

Kathryn, I am so glad you had a wonderful time on the family vacation. And I have enjoyed following your dh's travelogue.

Dee, thank you, change mail address...you've reminded me that is another thing I have to remember to do!

Dh and I spent the most wonderful day yesterday with dSis (Harmony) and her dh, her dd and dgd and our dcousin. We had a nice lunch at Perkins, thanks to dBro-in-law, and then we all came home to our house to visit some more. Lots of hugs and best wishes were given and received. I will treasure this day!

We have our plane reservation for Friday afternoon; so today we are going to gather our clothes etc. together to pack the one carry-on and one checked bag we will take with us. Some time today we also need to pick up RX refills at two different pharmacies. Right now I am just taking one thing at a time! Ds#3-T will be here tomorrow morning; in the afternoon we will be picking up our rental truck!

I was happy to read of good reports from doctors regarding conditions and good blood tests here recently. WTG for all your hard work in health management!

Lunch is done, break time over. See you all later...

I will forever have in my memory the picture of Sunny standing in front of her house watching us pull away.... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Now I am crying! :( :(
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:15 pm

((((Sunny & Harmony)))) Your sister relationship is rare and a beautiful thing to read about.

I walked to VBS and then back with the kids as they rode their bikes. DGD8 is 90% good about riding on the correct side of the road but her personality doesn't worry about such matters. She is more of a free spirit and more concerned about how her clothes look. So when DGD8 is on the road, then I'm on the road with her. DS10's personality worries about everything including making sure that he is always riding on the correct side and watching for cars, etc. I feel comfortable with him riding a bike without me.

A telephone call from DMom (the second call of the day)
DMom: You told me wrong. I went to get a Chick-fil-a sandwich and they aren't here.
Me: Mom, they are only there on Thursday.
DMom: You told me they were there on TUESDAYS!
Me: Mom, remember we ate there last Thursday when I took you to the doctor appointment? Chick-fil-a is only there on Thursday.
DMom: Well, you told me wrong.
Me: Okay. I'm sorry about that. Chick-fil-a is only there on Thursday.
Then we went through a similar conversation about the 1 hour timeframe they are there. DMom insisted that I told her wrong about that too.
I'm doing my best to keeping stress as low as possible surrounding DMom. No arguing with her. I just repeat the facts over and over to her and hope she remembers it.

I took the kids to eat lunch at the school with their friends. Only 2 more days of the children summer lunch program and then it is over for the year.

next up -
** Kitchen
** Bathroom
** Bedroom
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”