Tah Dah Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Tah Dah Tuesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:59 pm

LadyM, many times with my dmom I just gave a non committal answer like "Well, I need to check on that." 99.9 percent of the time it never came up again, but you never know.

The trip to bank was successful, I needed to go because there are two small CDs that I don't want rolled over again when they mature. I'll need to get back with the death certificate to close the account later. Question in Members only for you guys....posting soon.

When I got to the grocery I realized I didn't have my watch and I was panicked because I was sure I had put it on. So I left before getting anything into my cart and came home to find the watch where I left it here. I was so anxious I felt nauseated. A lot of the time I would have figured it was at home - I only wear it when I go out - and not panicked. And I mailed a small package and letter on the way home so end the end it was a successful trip out.

I think I need a little nap, or at least rest.

Thinking about Harmony and Sunny saying goodbye. sniff.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:39 pm

Stoic. No I'm not stoic right now. I'm usually ho hum about things, ok, move on.

Not now. :cry: :cry: :cry:

And... and... gee whiz what did they do to my eyes. If I cry they really hurt. More than normal. :cry: :cry:

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:53 pm

Changed my mind about posting question in Members only, maybe another time.

Oh my goodness. I'm on hold with VA people and wait time is 30 min. And I'm looking around online trying to figure out how to do what I want online and I'm almost in tears. This makes no sense to me, especially in the state I'm in these days. I left message for the government guy who helps veterans with this but it seems I should be able to do it. This is impossible.

And even further frustration: our ice maker has stopped working and I use ice. The owners manual for the refrigerator says that it *could* be the filter, so I took the filter out and capped it. On Sunday dh was supposed to buy a new filter at Lowes and they told him how much more cheaper it was to buy one from Amazon. They also assured him it was *probably* the filter. So he ordered four (enough for two years if we keep refrigerator that long) and now I can't get the cap thingie off to replace the filter. It turns but doesn't release to pull out. I am so frustrated.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:12 pm

I seem to do one thing, then crash for 30 minutes. So my list doesn't look bad but I don't feel like I've done much. I did get the deposit in for the cabin. That's my priority right now - get back there!

I've been snacking as well and while I do that, I've been doing my reading for sermon prep.

Houseblessing next.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:29 pm

Yes.... I am also so sad for Sunny and Harmony... :cry: (((BIG HUGS))) for you both... :cry:

I'm not making much progress with ta-da's today... but I did pretty well yesterday, so I'm not beating myself up, either.
Last night (after my last post) I got my big "organizational" binder organized. LOL... that sounds kinda ironic, doesn't it?
I have sections for
* getting started, daily/weekly routines
* sample planner pages
* zone and focus cleaning
* motivational quotes and reminders
* an e-book -- Declutter Fast
* a booklet from a professional development class -- Time Management, (which is based on Stephen Covey's books, I think)
* pocket folders for news clippings, etc, which were smaller than 8"x11"

:?: I'm in a bit of a quandry. I need to continue the declutter and organizing in the master bath, but I need to stay on track with Round 3 (we ARE in Round 3, aren't we?) for focus cleaning. I realize if I just stay in the master bath zone till it's done, I'll never get to parts of the house for the focus cleaning. I think Harriet is doing both, right, or at least that was your goal before LIFE got in the way? Decluttering one zone each week in prep for focus cleaning that zone the next? The thing for me is, that's not going to work, because I'm going to end up staying with the master bath zone declutter for a lot more than just one week.
I guess I just need to continue with two cards. Do the best I can with the Round 3 Focus Zone, make sure it's dusted and vacuumed well, maybe some 15 minute declutter, PUPA stuff... and then also strive for 15 min daily in the MAJOR Declutter/Organize Zone. Does that sound like it's do-able? Without causing me to get bogged down and overwhelmed?

So far today, I have answered an email and started the laundry. I am also s2s and did my Bible reading. That's it.
T-ball tonight... dgs's party tomorrow night... swimming lessons and t-ball Thursday... probably swimming lessons Friday. (They are supposed to have lessons M-Th, but they got cancelled today and ddil won't be able to go Th or F.) Then Saturday, we've got to figure out what to do about dgd... DH just isn't likely to be up to having them both again Saturday, and dgd is beginning to demand equal time. ;)

Good for you, Twins, getting out and getting small tasks taken care of! Short errands are perfect for the time being. And perfectly understandable that you'd have the panic attack. I get that way if I go out without my rings -- but I never wear them at home.

(((LadyM))) HUGS for dealing with your dmom... Your approach is great... avoiding conflict as much as possible. Twins' answer is perfect. I know this has to be soooo frustrating!
Your cousin's dreams/hallucinations -- oh my! That IS troubling! I think I told y'all about my duncle driving through a red light and arguing with his wife that it was NOT red, didn't I? But so far, he has not ransacked the house in the night. My goodness.
As my dgf used to say (the one who also had Parkinson's) "None of us know what we're going to face before we get out of this world."
(((BIG HUGS)))

I need to be helping with our church summer lunch program for children... but I am plagued by "I need to" items...
and I need to be attending Sunday School and Sunday night Bible study...
and I need to spend more time with my dmom...
and I wish I had made more trips to Houston when my parents were out there... (I've been very troubled by guilt over this since a friend has been out there and his sons apparently alternate weeks and his grandchildren come and go periodically, flying back and forth. They must have more money than us.)

Thinking of BookSaver with water issues... and Dee with address issues... Twins with the ice maker... my goodness things can get aggravating.
Yesterday, here it was the tv/Directv cables. Thank goodness they got that repaired quickly because dh gets very edgy without his tv (or his newspapers, and np delivery is getting "iffy" lately, too). I was about as bad as dh because I was afraid I was going to miss Big Little Lies on Sunday night, too! But it came on again later and I caught up. (It's a kinda trashy Showtime mini series, but it stars Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, Laura Dern, and this season, Meryl Streep.)

and (((Cathy's dh))) with the dentist! Oh my...
and (((Cathy))) with gall bladder issues...
and (((Harmony))) with your eyes...

I MUST go back and read Ken's travelogue -- I kept thinking "I will look at that later" as I was rushing through, cuop. We actually have a friend we go to church with who has recently climbed Mount Kilimanjaro. I don't think she is back home yet. I thought that was something of a coincidence! I cannot even IMAGINE doing something like that!

Washing machine just beeped at me, so I must get back to some sort of activity! Hope you all have a great day!
Tomorrow is another day.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:45 pm

Elizabeth's Own Travel Trailer:
camper adjusted.jpg

This morning, I looked at it, talked to my financial people, and bought it.

Last night, I stayed up way too late finalizing my research for it, and just being too excited to sleep. Other things that got done: bought a cooler for this weekend, dance class, installed anti-virus, bills & budget. McAfee does not recommend using a hot spot to do the install, but it is all I have. They kept wanting me to (1) get expensive wifi or (2) take my computer to a coffee house with wifi (it's a desktop). It took more than an hour. To their credit, once they realized my situation, they got it working nicely.

CathyS: Gall bladder removal will be the best thing you ever do for yourself! Trust me on that, been there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:54 pm

I hung up and found another phone number for the VA people to report a death. There, the hold was only about 5 minutes, and I *cautiously think* that job may be taken care of until I get some paperwork in the mail. At least they will stop the payments so I won't have to send $$ back. Harmony, my eyes are feeling pretty rough also.

Oh Elizabeth! How exciting for you! I can't wait for a tour!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:05 pm

Excited for Elizabeth!

I have loaded a box of items to go to the thrift shop.
I nned to charge up my devices.
Watered the beds in the yard.
Planted the plant starts in the window sill, my anti p. Task.

Laundry is in the dryer.
Spiffed up the living room.
Charging phone now.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:50 pm

Happy for you, Elizabeth! We've been looking for similar but just can't bring ourselves to do it. They're a lot of money.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:10 pm

Doing the happy dance for Elizabeth! WTGG!

I am lazing after dinner. Finished most of the house blessing while it cooked. Just have the bathrooms left to do and since it is just me, they aren't too dirty.

Then I guess I will start writing.

Return to “Post When You Can”