well what do you know; it's Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: well what do you know; it's Wednesday PWYC

Postby lucylee » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:53 pm

Late cuop for me, and I won't do a very good job :oops: because I know dh will be in here wanting this computer as soon as I get a good start... but I did want to say a big DITTO to Harriet's remarks to Twins --

Twins' that sounds as normal as rain to me. And at the time anyone would expect it. It's healthy that you are dealing with these feelings, because they are truth. It would do no good to try to convince yourself this hasn't been a rapid-fire emotional series of events. It has propelled you to a new family dynamic, faster than could have been predicted. Give yourself a pep talk? Maybe. BUT only when you feel it. You're the only expert, and a very competent one at that.

Sooo, soooo true, Twins! (((BIG HUGS))) There is no use at all in trying to tell yourself this has not been a rapid-fire emotional series of events. And YOU are the expert re: when and if you need a pep talk. I think baby step accomplishments each day are a HUGE ta-da for you for the next few weeks, and you just need to give yourself a big pat on the back as you move forward. At whatever pace feels right for you. Some days you may feel pretty good and take a lot of steps forward; some days you may feel you're taking a step or two backward. Just do the things you know to be helpful to you -- and accept the help of family and friends around you... and the support and prayers of all of us! (((BIG HUGS)))

Kathryn -- a Sabbath from social media sounds like a good idea -- for me, to help me focus my attention on other things that get lost in the shuffle when my phone is in my face too much. It's not just social media -- I will sit and play Solitaire or Sudoku forever, knowing that I have a novel I would RATHER be reading, sitting right there on my nightstand. Explain that? (That's a rhetorical question, but if anyone CAN explain that, I'd be interested in the logic, because I see none, except that the draw of the phone is just too addictive.)
I am trying intermittent fasting (as LadyM described -- just no food between 8:00 pm and noon, in my case -- this is Day Two :!: -- and maybe some intermittent fasting from the computer and phone would be in order as well. I shall think on that some more...

Anyway, Madwitch, I hope you will regain your faith in humanity as you spend time with us, because this little online village has certainly been a lifeline for me, and others here, I'd say. (((BIG HUGS))) for you, and prayers that the current troubling situation will be resolved soon.

Eeek -- snakes! We haven't seen any around here yet, but ooohhh... word of mouth is that they are bad in our area this year too. I cannot identify any snakes except rattlesnakes, so ALL snakes might as well be cobras and anacondas as far as I'm concerned, and the only good snake is a dead snake.
DDIL said her cousin in IL had a snake IN HER CAR today, and only discovered it, of course, as she was DRIVING DOWN THE INTERSTATE. Oh. My. Goodness.

Nancy -- did I see that your dd is doing well following surgery? I hope I read that correctly. Prayers for smooth recovery.

So glad you have water again, BookSaver!

(((Harmony))) I just hate this so much that your eyes are continuing to cause such problems for you! I can imagine the floaters are extremely annoying and frustrating! Praying that the glasses do help, and that your experience will be like LadyM described, and the floaters will become less noticeable to you.

Oh my, I did see the lice scare at VBS, (((LadyM))). That has always been one of my big fears -- I have VERY, VERY thick, coarse, wavy hair... and to think about dealing with lice in it... * shudders * DS did get lice during one of his early years of youth baseball -- we suspect it was transported through shared batting helmets. Now almost all kids have their own helmets. DGS does. It was awful, combing those nits out of his hair, and he had very short, fine hair. DDIL puts tea tree oil in their shampoo; we've been told that will keep them away, but I doubt that anything is foolproof!

Well... I hesitate to complain because my troubles are so small, and all seems well now, but this has been one more rollercoaster of a day. It has been a long, long time since dh and I have had "words" but boy... today he just about got on my last nerve. He was in a real mood. He is just stressed out completely, mainly about finances. It is not anything that won't be solved eventually, because we have savings we can't get to until October. Until then... he is just going to be frustrated and worried and stressed out 24/7, I guess. So while he's thinking about all this stuff, any little thing that gets his orbs out of their orbits, and he is just impossible to talk to.
Anyway -- all's well that ends well. DGS's skating party went well, and in spite of dh's worries that no one would show up (no one was there about 10-15 minutes after the starting time!) people DID show up, and dgs had a fine time. (He would probably have had a fine time all alone in the skating rink, for that matter!) But it was all good -- he had about 10 kids, I think. A LOT more were invited, including his t-ball team, but only two of them came, one who would have been invited regardless, and one who was the coach's son, but we really don't know ANY of the people on this team except for two more families, and they told me they had Bible school tonight. Wednesday night is a bad night to have a party anyway. Four families sent word that they were out of town. That accounted for probably five or six kids. Anyway -- I think everyone had a nice time and ddil has already sent pictures of dgs painting with the art kit dmom gave him. He got several other things he really loved, too -- a set of National Geographic maps a friend found on ebay, and the Bible chart/reference/map book we gave him was a big hit.

I have to go to swimming lessons with them tomorrow & Friday because ddil is working.

I do have ONE ta-da for today!
I spent 30 minutes decluttering and dusting in the computer room, which is my FOCUS zone for the week. I'm not giving up on the bathroom, but I'm moving ahead to try to keep up with my zones for Round Three. (It is Round Three, right? :lol: ) My zones aren't exactly like the ones listed here, but I think they are similar.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”