well what do you know; it's Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: well what do you know; it's Wednesday PWYC

Postby CathyS » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:12 pm

LadyM sometimes summertime just screams out for a trashy novel.

I almost forgot to water the plants.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:26 pm

lol
sometimes summertime just screams out for a trashy novel.
lol d cathy
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:33 pm

hello
hi cathy
hi d lady hope your sugars go back to normal fast.
hi d kathryn
hi d harriet I am sure you are right; well done in talking to the gentleman - I am sure you were straight forward but kind. (that's probably why you got through).
hi d nancy
hi d lucy
can't go back further but If i missed you - I am still sending you huge hellos and hugs

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:36 pm

I am continuing to wash windows and floors in 3 season room. boy it's taking a long time. ;) I really want to finish.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:25 pm

I didn't do anything on my list because.....

***sigh***

DGD8 handed me her papers from VBS and I was looking through them when I came upon a note that said "We have been notified of a case of head lice at VBS. Please be aware and check your child today and in the days to come."

***EEEEK!!!!****

so I put DGD8 up on the kitchen counter so I could wash her waist length hair very well in the kitchen sink. I didn't find any LICE or nits but I don't have the best of eyes so I texted DD. She is at work but will come early in the morning and made sure nothing is in DGD8 hair.

Then I took DS10 to next town over and we waited for 1.5 hours to get his hair cut. DS10 has been growing his hair long for the past couple of months......pick your battles and this hasn't been mine.....UNTIL TODAY. We took one of DS10 friends with us today because he recently got his hair cut & styled at this place. So now DS10 and his friend have matching hair cuts.......and NO LICE!

**sigh**

Now that is taken care of I can go back to what I was about to do before I stopped doing it.

Why am I scratching my head? Just the thought of lice makes me feel yucky.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:29 pm

The transit meeting went really well.

I'm home now, exhausted and MF is texting me with instructions for Sunday (I think I have to write prayers to be printed in the bulletin, this is not the norm he usually supplies me with all the prayers because he wants to script as much of what I say as possible - yes, he is a control freak but he's my control freak and the pay is fantastic.)

In the same 10 minutes since I walked in the door, ds has written to say he broke up with the GF. I really hope we didn't have something to do with that. I'm actually sad about it because she was doing so well keeping up with us as a family.

Anyway, I have to be careful about what I type into my phone to make sure it gets to the right person.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:32 pm

Hi everyone! When I told DD17 I had exciting news for her, she thought I had gotten another cat. She was worried about the cost of the camper, which I refused to tell her. I reassured her by telling her that I had spoken with my financial advisor before even looking at it. This is the truth, we determined how to pay for it based on the online price and assuming there would be some set up costs. The salesman must have loved me, I decided to buy within 30 minutes, needing only a look through and a few questions answered, and had a deposit check on his desk within an hour. I sort of wanted to take the rest of the day off, but did not, and it was a productive afternoon.

DD came over, but was annoyed she had not brought some papers she wanted me to look at. She read and I crocheted. After she left, I ordered meds and plane tickets to Mobile.

Today has been the usual reports with some documents scheduling related to the camper. I also looked at my annual leave balance to determine what is left after my already committed vacations. Should be ok. I have DD next spring break and have invited my parents to take some kind of camper vacation with us. While that probably is not mom's first choice, she did enjoy the last one. AC in the camper will further enhance the experience! Wonder if I will be able to shoehorn in a Schlitterbahn trip this summer? I've also suggested to my brothers that we meet up someplace fun and I will bring the portable hotel room. One SIL wants her own now.

I just had to send a very carefully worded email. A coworker forgot to run some end of month procedures before leaving for vacation last month. It was phrased as "load procedures failed". True in the sense of load procedures failed to start. I did say we have fixed the problem. Also true in that the coworker will be here this end of month. His procedures have to run before my Recipients report or my numbers are wrong. I will know by mid-morning on the 1st if they do not run and there will be plenty of time to get them done.

Tonight it is essential that I arrange pet sitting for the Mobile trip. The cat coordinator will also be out of town and Briggs is still very ill. This sitter can give meds, but it may be better to put him in medical boarding. There are a few more chores to do, but that is the WTF.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:56 pm

I went upstairs and stamped awhile. I was trying to make a thank you card for the friend we will see tomorrow night. She came early for the Shiva to help Lily and brought food and ice and all kinds of things and then stayed late to clean up. I don't know what Lily would have done without her. So I played for the last two hours at stamping and finally got a simple card ready to be put together. I was trying something more fancy but couldn't get there. So somehow, when I turned the face of the card over to put the adhesive on the back, I got a smudge on the white front. :shock: and I really should re do it all. So frustrating.

I just had a snack of apples and cheese. I need to get ready for the evening soon.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:22 pm

Home today went fine. I will put update in J & c thread.

Storm warnings are in effect and thunder is rumbling overhead.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:26 pm

hello again dear ones!

I had my phone meeting with sweet kat.
I had started over goal-ing again and I have to readjust my thinking.
I didn't finish the windows in the 3 season room but garbage is put away
I need a shower
I need to do the kitchen
I need to rest! so there! 8-) 8-) 8-)

Return to “Post When You Can”