well what do you know; it's Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: well what do you know; it's Wednesday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:31 pm

hello d nancy! I am glad home went fine. I will look at j and c soon
hello d twins! I am glad you took some time stamping!
but so frustrating that the smudge happened

hello d elizabeth! your dd is special. She is looking after you.
hello d kathryn glad transit meeting went well
hello d lady! oh no! praying that your ds doesn't have a problem. praying.
can you put her hair in a pair of panty hose (a pony tail) just in case the next couple days.

hello all! have a good evening
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:46 pm

We had storm warnings here and the sky was dark to the north so I used it as an excuse to wrap up the transit meeting. I had people from the two other buildings who were there saying they couldn't walk far, so I didn't want them getting caught in the storm!

I put off a meal decision and was almost to the point of going out when I looked at my meal plan list and realized I could 'steal' leftover sweet and sour pork from Friday night and have it tonight. So I'm glad I went to the trouble of making up the list. While digging around for that in the freezer, I found leftover quiche as well. So I'm all set for tomorrow night too.

I've figured out what I need to do for the church service and invited ds for breakfast tomorrow (he's working overnight tonight.) We'll see what he says to that.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:00 pm

Nancy, I'm glad the operation went well.

Elizabeth, how old is the trailer you bought?

We have thunder overhead and dark clouds. I guess a storm is rolling in.

Sunny, in case you read this, I'm wondering what you will have up there for internet connection?

Today was eye Dr. appointment; last one for a while. I did order a pair of glasses which should be here in a couple weeks. I could get by without them using readers only, but I guess with the way we live it's just annoying. I'm still very light sensitive in my left eye, and my eye is filled with floaters. It's like constantly looking through glasses that haven't been cleaned in a month or more. If I'm in direct light (like now in front of my computer screen) it seems worse. I do a lot of blinking trying to focus. When I go from the readers to long-distance reading I can hardly see a thing and it gives me a bit of a tension headache. Maybe those half-glasses things would work better...I could look out over the top. But for now I've got glasses coming which should take some of this annoyance away.

Dr. said my floaters are not likely to get better, though they could. The only way to fix that is to do a vitrectomy which I gather is a pretty rough surgery. He says my eyes have been through enough already. I agree, would not want any further surgery. I go back in a little less than 6 months. They told me if my prescription changes in that time they will regrind the lenses for up to a year for free. That's pretty nice.

I seem to be behind everything around here. I need to get caught up on my paperwork this evening.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:18 pm

BookSaver, hope your water issue doesn't take long to fix!
Thinking of BookSaver with water issues...

Thank you! and
BookSaver, I hope tomorrow finds you flushed with excitement over normal utilities.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yesterday the water was cut off for several hours, which was quite inconvenient. I wasn't feeling well in the first place. Even forgetting the chores I wanted to do that directly needed water, everything else on the list was a dirty enough job to require frequent hand washing. I didn't want to give up my drinking water for that.

So then I tried to take a nap, but as soon as I started to relax and nod off, one of the phones would ring. After 4 or 5 junk calls, I finally turned off my cell phone and turned on the white noise machine that would block the sound of the landline downstairs ... but the machine didn't block out the loud pounding from the heavy equipment down the block still working to take out the little bridge.

I gave up and got up to watch silly videos, hoping for an improved attitude.

The water finally came back on in time to cook supper, so the evening went much more smoothly than the day.
I didn't have the energy to do any of those messy jobs I'd planned for early in the day, but after supper I attended a good webinar showing how to sew a few different neckline shapes on a basic Tshirt pattern. I worked a short declutter project in the bedroom last night.

Today has been a much better day than yesterday. I cooked a good breakfast, worked on a project on deadline, decluttered a small pile and had time to go back for a little extra sleep while I waited for an Email reply. This afternoon I completed that important project and hand-delivered the hard copy report to the neighboring TinyTown half an hour away where my favorite fabric shop is located. That gave me a good excuse to stop in and buy class supplies for summer projects.

I have given up the search for 2 pieces of fabric that I thought I had. It's possible that I gave them away to sewing friends as I've been trying to declutter my fabric stash. Anyway, I found the perfect replacement fabrics at the little independent fabric store, which supports that local family. Win win! :D

Elizabeth ~ I'm so excited for you! What a fun purchase. Will you have to do much fixing up to the inside? Are you doing to decorate it with a theme? (Are you a basic camper or a glamper?)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:30 pm

Harmony - I have floaters and eventually, my brain learned to ignore them. I can intentionally stare and concentrate so I can see them floating around. Otherwise, if I don't think about them then I don't notice them. I hope your floaters go away on their own.

This has been a day.

Snake #7 and #8 of the year made an appearance.

DS10 and a friend found a killdeer bird nest on a gravel road near our home. The Momma bird is sitting on 4 eggs. I normally don't ride in the go-cart but I did today so they could take me there and show the bird nest location to me. I asked on FB what to do about it and was told to leave it alone. I've put branches on the road around the nest. I hope it encourages vehicles to drive around it.

Time to get ready for DS10 very last parent night at his very last week of VBS. We will be attending as Nana & Papa for DGD8.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:30 pm

Harmony: you might ask about computer glasses. Mine are designed for the distance between my keyboard and screen. Dh has a pair too. We just can't live without them. We both have progressive lenses in our distance glasses so should be able to read with those but these are way better. My computer glasses have a narrow strip of my distance prescription at the top so I can use them for distance if I have to (i.e. watching tv at supper, I don't bother changing glasses, I just put these down a bit on my nose and look through the top.)

Last week, I found I kept my regular glasses on (because I was seldom on the computer or phone due to no cell service or internet.) As a result, I also found I didn't take time to read or work on my computer off-line (I had 3 tasks to do) because getting up to dig out my glasses was too much bother.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:12 pm

Ok, having set up a new subreddit to hopefully concentrate discussion of the new planner I bought (but have yet to receive) in one place, I'll go to bed. I'll probably end up with dozens of notifications in the morning.

Oh, wait, I have to write a mass email again and send it out.

And start the dishwasher.

I enjoyed my dinner. I treated myself to two episodes of Dead To Me. Fewer calories than ice cream bars. Although now that I've written that, I kind-of want an ice cream bar (my sister left a box of them in my freezer.)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:22 pm

1st part of the stoms rolled through. I took the dog out between and walk around the block with the dog. Walk around the loop with neighbor I used to walk with her big C is back.
Had dinner. Hydrating.
The walk helped my back after waiting today.

MadHouseWitch

Postby MadHouseWitch » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:34 pm

Hey everyone, it has been a rough week here. I just have not wanted to "people" or do much of anything. My bastions of solace have all been tainted and I'm trying to figure out what to do about it (the most extreme being "quit all social media" which isn't really POSSIBLE)

Effectively I've been wandering around my house doing little things but mainly like not accomplishing much of anything. There are reasons behind it though and I'm working through it. But wanted to say hello so you all might not worry about me just popping on and then *poofing* out! I like it here it helps keep me on track! And due to some events yesterday I'm gun-shy to mention online. Online doesn't really offer support it seems. My faith in humanity is kinda lost at the moment,

Tomorrow is a new day
We had chili and rolls for dinner
tomorrow chicken something
WE CLEANED THE FRIDGE today!! KIDS HELPED! so that is a win in and of itself!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:42 pm

MadWitch: I was listening to a talk that suggested people get into the habit of taking a Sabbath from all social media at least one day a week. Maybe that's a place to start.

I'm not one to talk, having set up that new subreddit before bed, I'm having a hard time shutting off my computer and walking away. Especially since this group is truly international so what the other side of the world will do while I'm sleeping is an unknown.

Return to “Post When You Can”