FRIDAY CONGA PWYC.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

FRIDAY CONGA PWYC.

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:41 am

I started out with a good laugh when d Harriet said that I should have dh say: -you should see the other guy :lol: I loved so hard on this~! :lol: :D - after Dh's adventure with a big black and blue eye and meeting the cement literally face to face.

I hope your day starts with a lovely smile and joy, like mine did!!!

Today: Where are your dancing shoes?! Any music?

Join us in the Conga line!!! Are you ready?

Happy belated birthday d Helia!!!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: FRIDAY CONGA PWYC.

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:46 am

Dh has been up most of the night bc his body hurts and oh his eye!!! my goodness!
dd older's boss said he should keep the pictures so that he can tell others - look what my wife did 8-) oh so silly.
I made him take tylonel this morning - he tries to brave it and just feel the pain - oh my goodness again!

I have no idea what the day will bring. I was supposed to drive up north to see my dads grave with my d mom but I can't leave dh alone and he should not go on a 4 hour drive. I am trying to see it as an adventure of the unknown. We shall see what happens.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:14 am

I'm not congaing anywhere this morning.

I hurt my left foot/ankle yesterday, somehow, and I can barely walk. Worse, it hurts all the time so my sleep was not great.

I iced it this morning and that lowered the discomfort level a bit but it is time now to take the ice off.

I'm in my recliner, feet up, but with my computer and notes so I can work on the service/sermon.

I'd be happier if I knew what I did to my foot. It was a little sore when I cleaned up last night, then I came home and sat at the computer and when I went to get up, it hurt. I pushed through, thinking it was just my sandal being too tight but then when I took off my sandals to get ready for bed I realized it wasn't the shoe.

I'm also flexing my foot/leg because it feels too tight. I'm hoping it isn't an arthritis cramp-up, this is the sort of pain I had before my toe on the other foot contracted permanently.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:23 am

oh my goodness d Kathryn.. I hope it heals fast!!!
feel better!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:24 am

I have been up (and taking way to long having my coffee!)
ready to start.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:44 am

Well! FIVE YEARS AGO TODAY, our little village here was formed. So! Happy Birthday to us!

Oh ouch, Kathryn. Heal fast whatever the cause.

Our dgs6 ended up on the hospital yesterday after falling face down on some rocks. He has quite a lump on his head & his face is a mess -and the inside of his mouth. Just a growing peril. He'll be okay.

Had delicious spaghetti dinner last night at dd's.

Broke down last night & turned on the AC. Ot was 86 in here. Comfortable right now but I know the temp is supposed to go to 89/90 today.

Really beginning to wonder if a weighted blanket would help me sleep better. Any words of wisdom?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:54 am

Waving to you all!
I have done my journaling & planning today.
I need to do the other sheets one more bed to do.
I pulled weeds last evening filled the rest of the tote up, dumped it in the trash can this morning.
Glad I did p m routine last nite.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:28 am

I don't think I ever posted yesterday, although I did look in several times. I spent the day on genealogy and stamping, and last night went to dfriends for dinner. I told dh I could just reuse my "TO DO" list from yesterday for today 'cause I didn't do any of it.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:29 am

Happy Village Birthday

Have taken a photo into dd's cardboard box substitute nest and all 3 babies were strong enough to leave their corners and cuddle in a huddle on the nest material dd gathered. I'm sure they're disappointed in all the space, as opposed to their nest hugging them, and each may be traumatized after the scattering. But the parents are all over this, so maybe.

Healing hopes going out to blessed's dh!

Kathryn, you were intent on giving attention to lots of new people yesterday so maybe you didn't pay much attention to a stumble or something - I hope it's just a minor injury healing already. How did the lady know you were a student of Kondo methods?

Dee, I hope your dgs heals quickly. I would think a weighted blanket when you're too warm and having to turn on the air conditioning might not be as comforting? Don't know.

I'll be conga-ing through some extra laundry today, a finish of bathroom focus, and continuing office.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:46 am

Harriet: the lady knew because my notice in the mail room referred to Marie Kondo and my hope that some of my things would spark joy for others.

Most likely, I sat with my foot in a bad position while chatting with others. That's all I can think of. If it was the other foot, I'd blame one of my frequent stumbles. I have errands to run today which will all be done in the car now and shortened as much as possible.

The service is now finished but the sermon has yet to be written. I had to provide 4 prayers. Normally for this church it is only 1. I did use a prayer resource for the offering prayer but aside from that, I wrote my own and am especially pleased with two of them. I really do like writing prayers at times. The prayers of the people are ok but not stellar. Phrases are quite good but overall it is average for me. I may go back and edit more to up my game. I may not.

Next up is s2s and then breakfast.

Then I hope to do the errands so I can come back here with a more focused mind and write the sermon. I'm chomping at the bit to get at it, but if I do, I'll miss good timing for the errands.

Return to “Post When You Can”