FRIDAY CONGA PWYC.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: FRIDAY CONGA PWYC.

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:49 am

hello all. dh is so bored as he can't read with the one eye. his good eye is swollen shut.
I am going to the store for him in a little while. d mom and I will have lunch together and then she will go to the store with me.

Happy birthday to all of us!!!!!

Hello d dee! oh my gosh - praying for fast healing for your dear grandson!!! it must have been a day for that yesterday!
dinner sounds lovely
I gave a weighted blanket to someone with fibromyalgia and she said it didn't stop the pain but felt good.

waving at you too d nancy! can you help me with my weeds.. I have a good crop!
yay on your evening routine!

Hello d twins! I am glad you had time on your genealogy and stamping as well as a lovely dinner with friends yesterday! I am using my to do list from yesterday as well! working with you.

Hello d Harriet! praying for those little ones in the substitute nest. cheering you on through your laundry, bathroom and office work!

hello d kathryn... hoping that ankle/foot of yours lets you do the work you want to do! yay on your church work.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:51 am

dishes emptied,
filled from yesterday and turned on
counters cleaned
wood cutting board bleached
stove clean
turned motor on pool on

it's pouring rain again ;)

Next: More things on the morning routine to be done. telling myself to "stay focused".

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:52 am

(((Blessed DH)))) Ouch!

LadyM, how long did it take your eyes to get used to the floaters?

I hate to tell you this because I don’t' want to make it sound worse than it is. It took years for me to adapt to the floaters and for my brain to learn to ignore them. I had my first 2 eye surgeries about 40 years ago and they were successful but they were done using scalpels on eyes which is considered to be a rudimentary and crude method of RK (they use lasers now). About 20 years ago I had cataract surgery and then 3 more eye surgeries since then. Those surgeries left a boat load of floaters of all shapes. Sometimes a big floater gets in my view when I'm looking at something small so I blink or move my eyes left to right which causes the floater to move out of the center of my view. It is a natural process for me now that I rarely think about. It just takes a second to adjust the floater to a better location.

Really beginning to wonder if a weighted blanket would help me sleep better. Any words of wisdom?

The weighted blanket has made a world of improvement to DS10 sleep (and therefore to my sleep!). His sleepwalking has decreased about 90% since he started sleeping under a weighted blanket. I bought a 20 lb blanket for DS10 because he is strong enough to handle the weight and he is growing so fast. I wouldn't want to sleep under that heavy of a blanket myself but he loves it.

Today is the last day of VBS. The kids were excited to attend. It has been a good experience for them.

I am feeling really tired to the point that I'm thinking of going to the doctor. I am hesitating because I don't think it is physically caused as much as I think it is just non-stop doing. It really wears me down to be separated from DH every day (he is with his DMom). Yesterday I took the kids to eat lunch with friends for the last time this summer. So maybe with 2 fewer activities each day things will slow down. I had 5 kids here playing yesterday for several hours. They are really good kids but hour after hour of the extra loud noise and always kids in motion wore me down. I felt like the cranky ole lady telling 3 of them that it was time for them to go home, but I did it anyway. I'm sure they will be back today so no harm is done.

Next up -
** Personal AM
** Drink & Food prep
** Front porch
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:01 am

Dee: first make sure none of your conditions mean you can't use a weighted blanket.

Dh loves his. I haven't even tried it because it seems so heavy. It is technically too light for me (I'm heavier than dh.) He said I could use it while he was away but I wasn't even tempted to, I prefer the weight of my fleece dressing gown which is enough to settle me and easy to fling off when I get hot in the night. His is 16 pounds.

I've s2s and had breakfast. Dh called so we chatted. I may not hear from him again until I see him on Sunday.

Now to get shoes on and head off to do errands. I have 5 or 6 to do.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:35 am

I dislike ordering things without researching but I don't have time to spend on research so I just did it.
DH said on his way out the door this morning "The doctor said to order DIM from Amazon and start taking it".
I asked "What is Deem?"
DH said "something to do with the testosterone".
I asked DH "How do you spell it?"
DH "I don't know".
With that minimum amount of information, I went with the #1 rated DIM product on Amazon and just hit the buy button. Almost totally clueless but hoping for the best outcome.

Wednesday night at VBS parent night DH and a lifelong friend were talking and one thing leads to another. The end result is DH made a sizeable donation to feeding the kids in Haiti and his lifelong friend died his hair PURPLE. LifeLong DFriend picture with purple hair is being shown by many on FB today. He is a good sport about it.

OOPS!!! i just realized I didn't do my 3 things. I got sidetrack trying to figure out what DIM is and get it ordered. *POOF*
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:31 pm

hello - heading out soon for an hour -1/2
I finished blessing the dining room. it took less then I thought (again 8-) ;) :D ) The rain is not pouring anymore. more of consistent gentle rain.
Next: get dressed

? d lady - testosterone ? did they take blood for a testosterone test - maybe it is for development and height? has he had a growth plate X-ray to see where he is in growth? mmm. does your dr. have a portal open for you to look at (re: son)
Can't hear why! I am like you. I know there is a reason but can't wait to hear why he has to take it.
such a lovely thing to do (your dh's donation)
lol on friends hair being purple.
I see a lot or purple and pink more and more.
waving at you as you poof to your work!
. It really wears me down to be separated from DH every day (he is with his DMom).
I can imagine this would really drain you physically and mentally. I can't imagine you being a cranky lady at all. sometimes we just have to say - it's time to go home :D

hello d Kathryn how smart to mention about checking if a weighted blanket would be good for our d dee!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:53 pm

Thanks, Kathryn. I'll definitely research that angle. you give wisdom even when you don't know it!

Actually got 3 days' worth of 'focus' work done. I'd listed each cabinet of our linen closet (it has 3 doors with 2 shelves each) and did the entire cabinet today but I'm now DONE. Getting rid of a few things in there. Some either going to a garage type sale here in August or to G oodwill. Have to go there anyway in search of a blazer for dh.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:03 pm

Hi!

I was up before 8 with the dishwasher loaded and going before 8. Filled the sink with hot soapy water and let the pots and pans have some spa time. Went out at 8:30 and started cutting the grass. Did the grass in the back first. Tried to do the middle first and then the edges. Took a bit of a break between the front and the back. Did the front and had the garage door down at 10:45. Came in grabbed my purse and locked up and off I went to the bank and the bagel store. Home well before 11:30. Had half of the chopped egg sandwich that I bought us for lunch. When I walked in the woman at the counter said that my husband had been in and bought cinnamon "buns" they look like a tiny, traditional Challah sort of like 000 if you like from above. He got 3, but gave 1 away at work, had one himself and mine is waiting on the kitchen table.

I also had the bed made before I cut the grass. Dh brought in the "portable" air conditioner that we will hook up in the bedroom tonight.

I did some of the pots and pans. As bad as I thought the kitchen looked when I went to bed last night, it took very little time to put it back to almost normal. I really have to work on the island today or this weekend.

Dh and I are going out for Vietnamese for tonight. As much as I don't want the cinnamon bun, I do want something and I am very tempted to drive to Niagara on the Lake and get a fresh strawberry sundae made with local berries. They don't have them for long and I really want one before they run out of berries.

It is 80 F here, with a "feels like" of 90F. Clear skies and a tiny bit of wind. No rain in forecast.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:24 pm

Hi everyone! Last night DD17 and I got groceries and a carrying bin for camping this weekend. Pet sitting is arranged for Mobile trip and the sitter has no problem getting Briggs his meds, she's done it before. (We may put him in medical boarding anyway). Other DPCs done.

I think I have enough vacation time to do Schlitterbahn in September, but DD would not be able to go. Another consideration is, will I be comfortable enough driving the trailer for an 11 hour one way road trip? I will play that by ear. The good thing is, if I travel alone, the only thing affecting my travels is pet sitter availability and time off work. In theory, I can decide a day in advance. In answer to Harmony's question, it is a 2013 model. In answer to Booksaver's question, there was nothing obvious inside that needed fixing. I never thought about redecorating or a theme, just never occurred to me. I had thought about crocheted curtains, but that is the extent of it. I guess I approached it the same as a house purchase: get the right floorplan and worry about cosmetics later. I have always been a basic camper and the trailer will be used like a portable hotel room. Does having AC and a shower automatically make it glamping?

I want to reassure Harriet that it is a myth that baby birds are rejected for human smell. Their sense of smell is not that great. If a baby falls out of a nest, it is ok to simply put them back.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:51 pm

Suggested gift for LadyM's friend... a quick-print tee shirt that says "ask me why my hair is purple" and says only something like Haiti relief otherwise. That could take him a lot of places with maybe some respect or even interest. I think dd would suggest a printed large button, but they take longer. Oh, wait - DIY button? That could be instant if you already had a large button and almost any kind of light colored adhesive to cover. Duct tape to be super manly. Then sharpie. I don't know why these creative additions to charity get into my head. (bopping forehead)

About 11:00 I gently eased outside and cut the tape holding a side of the cardboard box up, so that that side was released to only 4 inches tall. Witnessed one baby bird flight toward parent about 30 minutes later. So one will be okay, I think. Can't watch forever, and just happened to notice that one. Wish I could speak wren.

and time passes ... ...
:roll:

Okay, life happened and off in the truck with HRH then back home and by 1:30 there's been (....drum roll....) a complete fly-away, no muss at all around the box, one parent still singing on a flower basket at the porch. I whistled back, "you're welcome. come back next year" but have no idea whether my accent is too heavy. Sounded sorta like "shave and a haircut, two bits".

HRH and I got a new script picked up for him. Tried to meet a business friend of his but that fell through - they can do it later. He dropped me off at the new plant nursery while he shopped beside it. Thought I would melt away in that devastating heat and humidity, but found a couple great flowers - yes, a blue (A, C and N chat)!

When HRH says he feels like going out, I pretty much drop everything.

Return to “Post When You Can”