FRIDAY CONGA PWYC.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: FRIDAY CONGA PWYC.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:02 pm

I walked, broke it up into 2 segments dog did not seem to mind.
Then I took dd a few things checked on her.
Went to a yd sale on my way home did not get anything. It was mostly guy stuff.
I cleaned off the out door kitchen area, watered the front yd., and picked up sticks while I was out there.
Time to figure out my lunch.
I have a plan for dinner h is bringing it home.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:58 pm

Oh yay! DD and I went to the new A ldi's -only about 10 miles from our home. Also went into Tar get across the road to pick up a gift card for the shower I have on Sunday. The bride is registered there and Bath, Body & B eyond. But she put several of the same type things -like comforters, sheets, etc at both sites. I see her getting duplicates galore. Plus I'm not really up to doing that kind of shopping. So figured the gift card & shower card & I'm good to go. Done! Got a few things at Al di's and some things that weren't supposed to go on sale until Sunday. Store is laid out very nicely & wide aisles. This is an old K mart store. A $ tree is open, a pet store is about to open and B ig L ots is a little bit to go yet. Across the road is our bank, the Tar get, grocery store (Weg mans a lot like P ublix in FL) and our A T T store so we can do a lot right there.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:59 pm

Did most of the pots and pans and did all of the knives.

Washed my hair and went outside and rinsed it with water from the rain barrels.

Finished the first Nora Roberts book which had 2 books in it, like a double header. Both were very predictable. Fast reads. Great summer time stuff and a great change of pace from struggling through the first 5 Game of Thrones.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:27 pm

I'm home after almost 4.5 hours of being out.

First errand went well. Items were dropped off at the thrift store. I went inside to find a skirt for Sunday but couldn't (they are going all out with the Canada Day theme and I don't have appropriate red&white items to wear for in front of a congregation.

Second (get a plaque made for the family cradle) went better than expected, it would be ready in 30 minutes so I checked out the face cream I wanted (not reasonably priced) and spotted a new skirt for just $10 more than the thrift store so got that. It is white so will go with lots of t-shirts all summer.

Third errand was car wash.

Fourth was book the food truck. He can't find his insurance proof of payment. So we've set it for Wednesday and he'll look over the weekend.

Fifth was grocery store after I had my lunch from the food truck (it is really good so I'm glad he's coming to the building.) By then you could see a storm coming but there were no warnings or signs of it on the government weather app.

Walked into the store and heard the thunder. By the time I had selected veggies, the deluge had begun so I slowed down my shopping. Ran into the senior who sparked the bus meeting and offered her a ride home but she pays for delivery and takes the bus while she can so turned me down.

A while later I ran into my disabled next door neighbour. She was on my to-do list for the day because someone saw her going and then coming home by ambulance over the past week. So I offered her a ride home. The para-transpo was coming for her and she prefers to take them because she doesn't have to take the bags off her walker, so she decided to wait 40 minutes for them.

At this point I go to the exit and it is piled up with carts and patrons all waiting for the continuing deluge to stop. I get chatting with a young person who has an almost 2 mile walk and so I gave her a ride home with the rain let up to 'raining' level. Turns out she looked familiar because she used to live in my building. She tried to pay me and I told her to pay it forward. It is the Friday of a long weekend, why not start it with something great happening to you?

I'm home now. The storm blew my kitchen window open (it wasn't fully latched) so things are all blown around and wet. I also had to dry off the floor by the patio door in the living room.

I've done more steps than yesterday but my foot is still aching. I should put ice back on it now while I have my feet up.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:35 pm

What a pain! Possible problems, involving my x, but probably not caused by him. I got a message when I logged into my bank account saying they had cancelled a payment from March because the date had expired. It was a child support payment to the x, that is how he is involved. I notified him as soon as I saw it, and he wanted me to simply resubmit it. Except that it cleared and reconciled months ago and a search of my account records indicates a withdrawal in that amount, to the expected account, the day before! It seems like he would have noticed that large a discrepancy months ago too. I am not resubmitting that payment! I asked him to check his bank records to make sure the money got there, mentioning that I would have to file a police report if it did not. That will ensure he does check his records and will be honest about what he finds. My guess is that the bank's message was in error (which also needs to be reported, but to the bank). There is also a small, but non-zero chance that he has not balanced his checkbook in a very long time and the money was indeed stolen. However, this is a standing transaction that has been in effect almost 5 years without trouble. Bleah. Aggravating situation for sure.

I have a report due Monday, but I cannot run it until the end of month data has come in.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:01 pm

hello dear ones.

I am so sorry that has happened d elizabeth. who could have cashed it. his bank should be able to show it. (is his signature on it).
I am praying for it to work out fast!

welcome home d kathryn after a big day of errands

hi d cathy yay on pots and pans.
wooo rain fresh hair

hi d dee great job too on your errands!

hi d nancy yay on breaking your walking into 2 segments and doing all your work!

hello d harriet what a great idea for the tee shirt
how cool about the baby bird!
hoping the heat breaks for you.

hello all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:14 pm

went to lunch with d mom. it's nice to do lunch instead of dinner and she is happy and busy.
also took her to a shop that makes american made products.
she wanted to go home so she didn't go shopping - she will go shopping herself
I went shopping for dh.

I have to finish my morning routine
I feel behind.
I don't know how people balance it all. 8-) :D

found out the bottom is rotted out of one and half sides of my 3 season room yesterday. I will look into a temporary fix that I can do but I can't do it right now.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:15 pm

Slight change of plans as far as supper goes. We stayed home and had a can of salmon and bagels. Dh also ate the leftovers from last night. He was just so hot and tired when he walked in.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:20 pm

The x checked his records and never received the money. He said he "scans" the account rather than balances it. Obviously not well. The money is gone from my account and in limbo. I have sent a message to customer service asking them to research the problem. I can certainly prove good faith on my part since he never even knew there was a problem.

Will he ever look at his financial records? That remains to be seen. Why isn't the other woman monitoring it? Or does he not trust her with the account? Not my problem. Fortunately, DD17 seems to keep records like I do. She even has the same sort of checkbook register. (She has a prepaid card from her own funds now).

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:42 pm

had to interject a quick request into J and C. Thanks. for dsonil, who is fine himself.

Return to “Post When You Can”